HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #7171
Arch-Supremacy Member

United need a new owner and CEO that know how to run a successful football club by making the right decision and backing the manager on transfer signing.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #7172
High Supremacy Member

United need a new owner and CEO that know how to run a successful football club by making the right decision and backing the manager on transfer signing.
some fellow need to buy over the club

farking glazers are ruining the club
Old 23-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #7173
Arch-Supremacy Member

some fellow need to buy over the club

farking glazers are ruining the club
problem is glazers are not willing to sell as they haven't milk finish. also they can borrow money using utd shares.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #7174
Supremacy Member

Jellybeck mark 2.
Martial or even Ole would have slotted that into the bottom corner without a sweat.

Really terrible start to the season so far.. our poor transfer window is now coming to bite us in the arse - in a summer where we needed heavy investment and fresh quality, we had a net spend of 60m. Heck even West Ham spent more than us. Woodward, for all his gesturing and complaining during the match, should look himself in the mirror and ask why we did not back the manager more.

Some of my friends are hoping the Saudis can buy over the club despite their "blood money" links - i am still not really with that idea as I don't want us to be another country's plaything and "oil money" club, but knn, anything is better than the glazers. We generate so much money but spend peanuts relative to that.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #7175
Greater Supremacy Member

no oil rich arab prince are interested in united..

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #7176
Greater Supremacy Member

Martial or even Ole would have slotted that into the bottom corner without a sweat.

Really terrible start to the season so far.. our poor transfer window is now coming to bite us in the arse - in a summer where we needed heavy investment and fresh quality, we had a net spend of 60m. Heck even West Ham spent more than us. Woodward, for all his gesturing and complaining during the match, should look himself in the mirror and ask why we did not back the manager more.

Some of my friends are hoping the Saudis can buy over the club despite their "blood money" links - i am still not really with that idea as I don't want us to be another country's plaything and "oil money" club, but knn, anything is better than the glazers. We generate so much money but spend peanuts relative to that.
you have to choose the lesser of the 2 devils.

don't expect got guardian angel.

Old 23-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #7177
Arch-Supremacy Member

no oil rich arab prince are interested in united..
glazers not willing to sell.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #7178
Greater Supremacy Member

problem is glazers are not willing to sell as they haven't milk finish. also they can borrow money using utd shares.
then someone have to make them an offer they can't refuse.

Old 23-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #7179
Greater Supremacy Member

glazers not willing to sell.
offer not attractive enough ?

Old 23-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #7180
Arch-Supremacy Member

offer not attractive enough ?
those oil princes are not carrot heads. the amount that will make glazers sell is way more than market value.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #7181
Supremacy Member

To be fair, the problem is really not the glazers.

They have spent quite a fair amount. You want pogba they give you pogba. You want Maguire, wan bissaka they give you. They do not interfere with much transfer dealings unless it's way way too expensive. They do not even say they want a certain player in the club. They leave it all to the directors, manager, coaches and scouts.
WhiteHunter likes this.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #7182
Supremacy Member

those oil princes are not carrot heads. the amount that will make glazers sell is way more than market value.
true... but the amount that the glazers are looking for is just a drop in the pool for the amount of money those Saudis have. It's ridiculous.
WhiteHunter likes this.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #7183
Arch-Supremacy Member

Blame the former owners for being short sighted asses. The only way the current owners will sell is if things go so horribly wrong with their other businesses that they get burdened with so much debt that they have no choice but to sell United. Can I see that happening? Nope.
Do I want United to sink so low that they make the decision to cash in before it burns their fingers? Nope. So it's a lose-lose situation for the supporters one way or another. We aren't in the position to promise turning up at OT week in week out even if the club goes into League Two, so all we can do is hope for the best.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #7184
Supremacy Member

To be fair, the problem is really not the glazers.

They have spent quite a fair amount. You want pogba they give you pogba. You want Maguire, wan bissaka they give you. They do not interfere with much transfer dealings unless it's way way too expensive. They do not even say they want a certain player in the club. They leave it all to the directors, manager, coaches and scouts.
Yes, but the directors/board/whoever in charge of transfers wont change till the owners change... and after Jose's first 2 summer windows, the backing suddenly stopped. We bought Fred and Dalot in the 3rd summer window, followed by Maguire, AWB and James. Our net spend over those 2 windows was like 100m in total, which is only a bit more than what we paid for Pogba alone. That is just negligence for a club our size and generates the kind of revenue that we do. I am quite sure that if Jose was backed with another CB like Maguire or Alderweireld in that summer, we would not have crashed so spectacularly as Jose would most prob not be throwing tantrums and such. The fees are astronomical but that's how the market is nowadays.
Old 23-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #7185
Great Supremacy Member

and that's after a season where the team struggled throughout, suffered bombardment of shots at our goal, thanks to the on-form keeper that we reached 2nd.
We bought Fred and Dalot in the 3rd summer window
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.