Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #7681
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any case studies of teams making top 4 or even 6 after a shiat start like us
Bad start but we ainít out of it lah. Spurs and Chelsea are two points ahead, Arsenal three ahead. 7 games nia but we better bloody start picking up before we disappear out of sight

I wonder do the club have plans to buy in January if some targets are available. Actually i think no
Old 01-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #7682
Arch-Supremacy Member

not sure if we are good away at all, league or europe.
You are right 😰
Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #7683
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can't believe OGS thinks we're playing well at the moment, just minus the results.

Also.. when he pushed Pogba up, we immediately looked more of a thread going forward.

Also, Lingard is absolutely trash at the moment. Merely a passenger in all the recent games. Rashford not any better than this IG clown, still squandering chances away. The same problem.. thinks too long, bad decision making, cannot finish. Now you can add in lousy first touch.. I wonder if he has LKK poster on his bedroom wall.

For those who have watched the game, while you can catch glimpses of Pogba brilliance, you could still see he's trying, but seems to me he's not fully committed anymore. I think he will be leaving United soon.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #7684

Put Axel with Scott in the middle. push Paul into the 3 behind Marcus.
Asakura likes this.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #7685
Great Supremacy Member

not relying on highlights, just pointing out where the weakness is in the team.

we are again throwing Pogba deep in the midfield instead of putting him forward to use him correctly.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #7686
Arch-Supremacy Member

not relying on highlights, just pointing out where the weakness is in the team.

we are again throwing Pogba deep in the midfield instead of putting him forward to use him correctly.
Don't know what's OGS mentality or reasons for consistently playing Pogba deep when pushing him up somewhat improved our attacking play. Not like Pogba brings alot to the table when it comes to marking/tackles/cutting passing lanes.

I feel OGS have this insatiable urge to squeeze all the best players he has at his disposal + young academy players to form his favourite first eleven. Not play to their merits or best eleven, but favourite first eleven.

Maybe that's why he doesn't drop Lingard and Rashford even when they have been consistently trash.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #7687
Great Supremacy Member

Mctominay look more like a 89m midfielder
Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #7688
Great Supremacy Member

What stats do you need, we're only 4 points away from 4th place. not 40 points.
Going by the current rate we will finish 40 points at the end of the season
Old 01-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #7689
Arch-Supremacy Member

He's trying to replicate France's Kante/Pogba midfield at United so i think he sees McT as a Kante. I'm not trolling, he literally said it himself in one of his earlier press conferences. He mentioned why not when someone asked him whether Pogba can play in a centre two and then brought up the whole France setup as an example. It was quite bizarre when i first heard it
Old 01-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #7690
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's our turn to blame the VAR
Let's blame
Damn
Old 01-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #7691
Great Supremacy Member

combination of reasons.

need steel in our own half.
but don't have good RW so AP15 needs to play out wide instead of pairing with McTom

he could push Pogba on the left and DJ on the right, but DJ still work better down the left side

Lingard on the RW is like clipping off the wings

Don't know what's OGS mentality or reasons for consistently playing Pogba deep when pushing him up somewhat improved our attacking play. Not like Pogba brings alot to the table when it comes to marking/tackles/cutting passing lanes.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #7692
Great Supremacy Member

pre-season after Spurs game.
He's trying to replicate France's Kante/Pogba midfield at United so i think he sees McT as a Kante. I'm not trolling, he literally said it himself in one of his earlier press conferences. He mentioned why not when someone asked him whether Pogba can play in a centre two and then brought up the whole France setup as an example. It was quite bizarre when i first heard it
Old 01-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #7693

we havent had a RW since AV25. I don't know why nobody ever wants to address this.

we had the biggest managers and nobody bothers to fix it. Guess everyone had their priorities.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #7694
Great Supremacy Member

cant sell existing, hard to buy more

when u keep leaking goals, lose possession in the middle, and cant buy as many as u prefer, can only prioritise the defence and centre midfield

not like City, new manager come in buy 1keeper 4defender, next season buy keeper again.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #7695
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seems to fit my theory of him trying to fit best players and young ones into his favorite eleven, even tho not the best performing eleven.. or playing to their true potential.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.