HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #8176
Supremacy Member

Can someone enlighten me what Ole meant?
"If you only walk on sunny days you'll never get to your destination. So we'll have these days, we’ll have these downs. We’ve had a couple of them this year, or three defeats now already. It’s disappointing but we’ll keep on working.

“We know where we want to get to.”

Where is the team heading to exactly? Cant be all 10 players cant excecute a proper pass into the box? I actually dont mind United losing if they at least tried. Not mindless running?
After every game he would talk like this. Very soon he won't be talking anymore because he will be getting sack soon if the team continues to drop points after every game.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #8177
Supremacy Member

Glazer was around during Fergie time. Woodward was around when United won carling cup, FA cup or Europa league under LVG or Jose.

So this picture also can mean for Ole applying the same tatics over the past 11games over and over hoping it works.

Now he is talking about missing 6players in Chelsea game which may cause the bad run. Even with them, United played the same way for wolves, CP, Soton game? Wat the hell he talking about?
we really should have won those 3 games though - and the ref was terrible in that CP game where he allowed them to kick Martial the whole game.I don't think we played as badly in those 3 games compared to the games we have seen in the past month.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:48 AM   #8178
Supremacy Member

An injury hit squad.

This match proves how important Martial, Lingard, Pogba, Sanchez and Shaw are for the team.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #8179
Great Supremacy Member

what happen to the guy that said many players had played their last and have no future in this team
out of the lot that left, be it sold or loan, only Smalling was featuring regularly in his team last season. so he only meant 1 guy?
i never liked Mourinho before he was our manager, i liked him during his time here because he was brutally honest about the situation at the club. no sugar coated lies selling fairy tales about this dreamy "United way" "play with kids"

some one has to pay for the mistake of not adding to our midfield and strikers, and we all know it won't be the owners or CEO.
Look at the team that played yesterday - bar maguire and DDG, would any of those players be starting for man city, liverpool or arsenal? I don't think that the set of players we started with yesterday is any better than any of the other teams in the league. And this again stems from the years of mismanagement from the board.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #8180
Arch-Supremacy Member

want to take the risk to give ole a 1.5 season ?

klopp 1st season get his team to 8th place although he is few levels above ole.

to be honest i feel ole is way out of his depth, he got the job because of his legendary ex-player status not because of his managerial capabilities.

Should he left united, he will not get another EPL managerial job.
Wrong, he got the job because CEO think it is the cheapest replacement after paying off so much money to sack MOU.
Swordsman, Asakura and Gr3yham3 like this.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #8181
Arch-Supremacy Member

The goal that Newcastle score as whole bunch of United players all in the box and no one outside the box to mark incoming players.

This is midfield player duty but it is absent.

If SAF is now managing with all the fans wanting to sack him in 8 months of being manager then there is no United winning so many trophy.

When SAF sell 4 to 5 players at one goes, he also manage to buy/bring in 4 to 5 players as replacement but what happen now, 4 player out, how many really comes in.

Anyway, the players are down and OGS not able to lift their defeatist mentality up to perform better.

Selling LKK after the transfer is close, I believe is the management fault not the manager. No manager want to sell of a player after the transfer window is closed. IMHO.
Asakura, Gr3yham3 and AristDing like this.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #8182
Great Supremacy Member

Wrong, he got the job because CEO think it is the cheapest replacement after paying off so much money to sack MOU.
Which owner will not like the idea of grooming youngsters from the academy ?

Asakura likes this.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #8183
Great Supremacy Member

The goal that Newcastle score as whole bunch of United players all in the box and no one outside the box to mark incoming players.

This is midfield player duty but it is absent.

If SAF is now managing with all the fans wanting to sack him in 8 months of being manager then there is no United winning so many trophy.

When SAF sell 4 to 5 players at one goes, he also manage to buy/bring in 4 to 5 players as replacement but what happen now, 4 player out, how many really comes in.

Anyway, the players are down and OGS not able to lift their defeatist mentality up to perform better.

Selling LKK after the transfer is close, I believe is the management fault not the manager. No manager want to sell of a player after the transfer window is closed. IMHO.
But ole said LKK doesn't want to stay and he see no point in keeping players whose heart is not with the team

Old 07-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #8184
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which owner will not like the idea of grooming youngsters from the academy ?

Only United owner, how many clubs really bring in so many youngster into the game in one season.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #8185
Arch-Supremacy Member

But ole said LKK doesn't want to stay and he see no point in keeping players whose heart is not with the team

After he is sold off. Do you think he will say, "oh, it is the CEO fault for selling LKK" etc.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #8186

want to take the risk to give ole a 1.5 season ?

klopp 1st season get his team to 8th place although he is few levels above ole.

to be honest i feel ole is way out of his depth, he got the job because of his legendary ex-player status not because of his managerial capabilities.

Should he left united, he will not get another EPL managerial job.
Klopp joined pool on oct 2015 and finish 8th. His 1st full season they finished 4th place. Based on the form ogs team from Feb until now, I think most club will have already sack him. You no need genius to see ogs is out of depth. Is a mistake to appoint him. He gotta go and the board must also take some fault. The recruitment has been poor....
Old 07-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #8187
Supremacy Member

what happen to the guy that said many players had played their last and have no future in this team
out of the lot that left, be it sold or loan, only Smalling was featuring regularly in his team last season. so he only meant 1 guy?
i never liked Mourinho before he was our manager, i liked him during his time here because he was brutally honest about the situation at the club. no sugar coated lies selling fairy tales about this dreamy "United way" "play with kids"

some one has to pay for the mistake of not adding to our midfield and strikers, and we all know it won't be the owners or CEO.
Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling have all left, Young by right is supposed to be part time only at most. Again this is down to the board not backing the manager - it was glaringly obvious we needed the biggest transfer summer in decades but it was another damp squib with minimal net spend again. I am sure Ole wanted players like Dybala, Eriksen and others to replace the Lukakus, Matics and Lingards of the team.

I agree with what you say about Jose - hence i also wary when he was sacked as i saw the problem was mainly stems from the board
Old 07-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #8188

Klopp joined pool on oct 2015 and finish 8th. His 1st full season they finished 4th place. Based on the form ogs team from Feb until now, I think most club will have already sack him. You no need genius to see ogs is out of depth. Is a mistake to appoint him. He gotta go and the board must also take some fault. The recruitment has been poor....
All along is a mistake to appoint Ole. Many people say No, we need a fresh start, we need a fresh manager, we need a fresh bla bla bla and bla bla bla and he will play the united way.

Yap, now we are here. Mai complain.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #8189
Supremacy Member

who do we get in if we sack Ole though? Which manager would want to come into this current dire straits and with a board that does not back him?

I would love to see a young, progressive manager like Nagelsmann come in and move us towards more modern football style, but i don't see why he would leave RB Leipzig who are flying high right now. He also only just joined them.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #8190
High Supremacy Member

who do we get in if we sack Ole though? Which manager would want to come into this current dire straits and with a board that does not back him?

I would love to see a young, progressive manager like Nagelsmann come in and move us towards more modern football style, but i don't see why he would leave RB Leipzig who are flying high right now. He also only just joined them.
seriously sack ole? what's the point? it will be the same...the glazers must back the manager ....woody must not touch on transfer .....if not no pt also
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.