HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #8971
Supremacy Member

But lukaku sometimes quite soft and don't dare to bully or earn penalties.

I think Diego Costa still a flat track bully looking for penalties every time.
Agree. To add on, first touch does play a part in being even a flat track bully. Costa and Drogba have decent FT if not the best. Any teams playing Costa or Drogba at their peak will have nightmares.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #8972
Greater Supremacy Member

Manchester United legend Roy Keane was shocked seeing United and Liverpool players hugging each other in the tunnel ahead of Sunday's 1-1 draw.

Roberto Firmino was seen speaking to and smiling with Andreas Pereira and Fred moments before the players walked out on the pitch.

"I'm disgusted with players [scenes in the tunnel]. You're going to war, they're hugging and kissing," Keane said on Sky Sports.

"Don't even look at the opposition. You're going into battle against them.

"The game hasn't changed that much, the players have changed. You're going to war against these players and they're hugging each other.

"Chat to them after the game, or don't even chat to them after the game.
if im united player, i will throw pork knuckles bone at them.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #8973
Arch-Supremacy Member

What’s so great about Ashley Young? He’s not my captain
Nothing great. Problem is nobody could displace him, nor be as available as he has been, nor be as flexible as he is in playing both right and left. For stability of the team, I have always been supportive of players who can remain injury-free, even if they may be just above- average in the position(s) they play.
It's like that argument of how some say PhilJ is better than ChrisS. A better player who isn't available 75% of a season is of little use to a team.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #8974
Supremacy Member

Manchester United legend Roy Keane was shocked seeing United and Liverpool players hugging each other in the tunnel ahead of Sunday's 1-1 draw.

Roberto Firmino was seen speaking to and smiling with Andreas Pereira and Fred moments before the players walked out on the pitch.

"I'm disgusted with players [scenes in the tunnel]. You're going to war, they're hugging and kissing," Keane said on Sky Sports.

"The game hasn't changed that much, the players have changed. You're going to war against these players and they're hugging each other.

Now the players are soft. Afraid to get injured.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #8975
Supremacy Member

Hope Sheffield Utd will beat Arsenal.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #8976
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually some of the players are able to play well. The disappointing results were due to lack of confidence, lack of motivation, lack of concentration in defending during the final 20 mins, wrong tactics & the manager playing a few players out of position.
we lack a creative midfielder in number 10 and a proper striker. if we have these 2, then i think we wouldn't be in position 13.
Old 21-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #8977
Master Member

I may get flamed for saying this but I actually pity Young. I never bashed him before either and I do value him as a squad player. Yes, he screwed up last night but he was not a left-back, Rojo was supposed to be there I thought. Because it's Young it's always easy to blame him.

Like some bros said here, a player who is always on the sideline has no use to the team regardless of how skilful he is. It's like you hire the top candidate for a job but he always MC and MIA, end up someone else still have to do the work. The fault is not Young's if the club is not able to properly replace Evra at LB. If you ask him or Valencia, I believe both of them would prefer to play LM/RM rather than LB/RB. Because of their professionalism, they do it for the team. I respect them for that.

From last season I've said this, sell Shaw. This chap is really useless for us; just get rid of him already. I don't see what so special about him even when he is fully fit - can't defend, and only show flashes of his attacking side when he feels like to.

As a pro, I thought it is part of your job to ensure you are always fit, always available. Look at Giggs who turned to Yoga when hamstring was an issue, look at Ronaldo, Evra, and many many more. I seriously wonder what is the commitment of the likes of Shaw, Martial, Jones, suka suka MC again. Which is why part of my heart feels for Young, he is not good yes, but at least he is trying.
ItsmeagainhK likes this.
Old 21-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #8978
High Supremacy Member

Last night’s game was played at a relatively friendly atmosphere. I dun recall players giving anyone crunching tackle. Only 1 player yellow carded in the entire game, iirc.
Old 21-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #8979
Great Supremacy Member

I may get flamed for saying this but I actually pity Young. I never bashed him before either and I do value him as a squad player. Yes, he screwed up last night but he was not a left-back, Rojo was supposed to be there I thought. Because it's Young it's always easy to blame him.

Like some bros said here, a player who is always on the sideline has no use to the team regardless of how skilful he is. It's like you hire the top candidate for a job but he always MC and MIA, end up someone else still have to do the work. The fault is not Young's if the club is not able to properly replace Evra at LB. If you ask him or Valencia, I believe both of them would prefer to play LM/RM rather than LB/RB. Because of their professionalism, they do it for the team. I respect them for that.

From last season I've said this, sell Shaw. This chap is really useless for us; just get rid of him already. I don't see what so special about him even when he is fully fit - can't defend, and only show flashes of his attacking side when he feels like to.

As a pro, I thought it is part of your job to ensure you are always fit, always available. Look at Giggs who turned to Yoga when hamstring was an issue, look at Ronaldo, Evra, and many many more. I seriously wonder what is the commitment of the likes of Shaw, Martial, Jones, suka suka MC again. Which is why part of my heart feels for Young, he is not good yes, but at least he is trying.
Of cos not Young's fault

He was a attacking winger

Then tio convert to fullback , never complain and do a steady job

But he is not a proper defender la...Say it many years Liao
Old 21-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #8980
Arch-Supremacy Member

we lack a creative midfielder in number 10 and a proper striker. if we have these 2, then i think we wouldn't be in position 13.
every creative player that joins us seems to inherit the sideways passing syndrome afterward.
Old 21-10-2019, 07:05 PM   #8981
Arch-Supremacy Member

drogba ?? bulldoze his way during his time at chelsea.
for somebody with such height and strength, lukaku was never really the bully or target man.
Old 21-10-2019, 07:16 PM   #8982
Supremacy Member

but only if i gonna keep Ole
else it’s a waste of money when new manager comes in the summer and those players are considered surplus to requirements ...
or those aren’t my players, it’s the previous manager’s

consider good result since we are expected to lose by a big margin. jan really need to buy few more players.

Old 21-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #8983
Supremacy Member

It looked to me like it was Rojoberto Carlos who went astray too.
Old 21-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #8984
Great Supremacy Member

both have fault

Rojo went forward for the cross and completely missed it. big part of the blame goes to him definitely.

when Mane had the ball, DJ was already the one taking care in case any winger receives the cross

Young was looking over his shoulder for offside on Firmino, allowing Lallana to waltz pass in front of him

and of cos ultimately its the club's fault that our managers have to keep playing Valencia Young
Jones and Shaw are some example of players the club keeping in hopes they turn good when injury free.

so until we make another business like AWB, that LB problem will continue to exist.

Old 21-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #8985
Supremacy Member

Man Utd braced for third Saudi takeover bid as Glazers drop hint sale stance has changed

Manchester United are braced for a third takeover bid from Saudi royals as one co-owner considers selling his stake in the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-Glazers-sale

Those who have not been to Old Trafford & watched the games will be tempted to sell.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.