LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #9421
Great Supremacy Member

Rashford's freekick from several angles:

https://streamable.com/h6yy1
Asakura likes this.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #9422
Arch-Supremacy Member

Our relatively young team is probably just a little more experienced than Chelsea's due to the fact that some of them have got many years in the EPL already. But to a certain extent, both sides had second stringers making up the team.

Theirs is not a young team either, just not the one that they've been playing mainly in the last few league games, probably to prevent their star scorer from burning out. Both young managers know that even a minor cup trophy will do at this stage of their careers, and with the teams they have.

Wonderful strike by MarcusR, and he has a few years to keep honing that freekick until he gets as good and consistent as CristianoR is. And he'll probably still be younger. CR was about 24-25 when he started being our main man for freekicks, with consistency.

I don't want to talk about that goal we conceded. Yes the one that our 3 defenders couldn't handle like the one we conceded against Norwich. The type of basic simpleton route-one football that anyone seems capable of doing against us, despite us having the league's next best defender who is supposed to be good at everything except speed. The type of football our own supporters scorn on because it's too SamAllardyce and only fit for League Two football. The type of football we are no longer capable of because we no longer have players who can do flick-on headers or win headers + turn into possession or have pace to outrun and out dribble 3 central defenders or can score a goal from outside the box. Because the players capable of doing those aren't United players.

I really don't want to talk about that goal. Nor the defenders. Nor the fact that it has been happening since the early part of the season.

ScottM can be our captain once he gets another season under his belt. I don't think he reads the game particularly well, but makes up for it with his physical attributes and attitude. Experience will make him a very strong anchor man in midfield. Just as important is his approach to his career - none of the off-the-pitch distractions. Got this feeling he's modelling himself after PaulS, and knowing who not to follow.

Last edited by YorYor; 31-10-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Old 31-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #9423
High Supremacy Member

How was lingardino? How many satki dribbles, no-look passes and through balls did he contribute?
Old 31-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #9424
Great Supremacy Member

all the way from midfield
I don't want to talk about that goal we conceded. Yes the one that our 3 defenders couldn't handle like the one we conceded against Norwich. The type of basic simpleton route-one football that anyone seems capable of doing against us, despite us having the league's next best defender who is supposed to be good at everything except speed. The type of football our own supporters scorn on because it's too SamAllardyce and only fit for League Two football. The type of football we are no longer capable of because we no longer have players who can do flick-on headers or win headers + turn into possession or have pace to outrun and out dribble 3 central defenders or can score a goal from outside the box. Because the players capable of doing those aren't United players.

I really don't want to talk about that goal. Nor the defenders. Nor the fact that it has been happening since the early part of the season.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #9425
High Supremacy Member

How was lingardino? How many satki dribbles, no-look passes and through balls did he contribute?
he asked to be released from his duty on the pitch so he can strategise how to improve his loss-making merchandise biz.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #9426

That swerve. Mama Mia!!!
Old 31-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #9427
Great Supremacy Member

got to be honest i was half expecting it to rocket into the stands
Rashford's freekick from several angles:

https://streamable.com/h6yy1
Old 31-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #9428
High Supremacy Member

Didn't Rashford score directly from the freekick during Ole's first game in charge?
Old 31-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #9429
Supremacy Member

Unitedís victory over the Blues on Wednesday was the first time in 21 years in which the Red Devils have claimed back-to-back away wins vs the west London outfit in all competitions.
Old 31-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #9430
Arch-Supremacy Member

Funny how MCT39 didn't almost play at all during OGS first 15 games but now he is sort of undroppable. Good work this young man. He reminds me of a taller bigger version of Herrera without the theatricals. If only he can work on his passing onto the final third.

Fred seems like he can't handle BPL pace and physicality.

And disappointed with our 3 x central defenders again.

Brandon Williams deserve more game time.. I hope OGS doesn't slot Luke Shaw back automatically when he's back. He's gonna earn his place back.

Great performance by MR19. Seems like a different player now. Hope he can keeps this up.
Old 31-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #9431
Supremacy Member

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/1...ce-vs-chelsea/

good attitude, good energy, up and coming prospect.
rizal5150 likes this.
Old 31-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #9432
Great Supremacy Member

spend on defenders liao still conceding such cheap goals
so the next best thing is for strikers to score goals to gain back confidence. let others worry about defending...
Funny how MCT39 didn't almost play at all during OGS first 15 games but now he is sort of undroppable. Good work this young man. He reminds me of a taller bigger version of Herrera without the theatricals. If only he can work on his passing onto the final third.

Fred seems like he can't handle BPL pace and physicality.

And disappointed with our 3 x central defenders again.

Brandon Williams deserve more game time.. I hope OGS doesn't slot Luke Shaw back automatically when he's back. He's gonna earn his place back.

Great performance by MR19. Seems like a different player now. Hope he can keeps this up.
Old 31-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #9433
Arch-Supremacy Member

spend on defenders liao still conceding such cheap goals
so the next best thing is for strikers to score goals to gain back confidence. let others worry about defending...
I think the no. of goals we leaked in this season.. make our defence look better than they actually are.
Old 31-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #9434
High Supremacy Member

I think the no. of goals we leaked in this season.. make our defence look better than they actually are.
there will be hope if Young doesn't start among the back 4.

McT is just a typical player... who compensate the lack of technical skills with "hard" tackle to win back the ball.... just like Butts and Fletcher...
Old 31-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #9435
Arch-Supremacy Member

He has a good shot in him. I think a much better player than them 2 at the same age.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.