HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Like Tree341Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #4516
Supremacy Member

Roy Keane and Jamie Carragher in FURIOUS row in Sky Sports studio over Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Questions have been asked of the Norwegian's credentials for the Old Trafford hot-seat all season and his future was again a key topic for discussion after the match.

When the subject was raised on Sky Sports' coverage after the match, Keane and Carragher were involved in a verbal royal rumble.

Patrice Evra and Graham Souness also featured in the coverage, but it was the Keane and Carragher that took control of the debate, as host David Jones could only watch on.

Keane asked Carragher: "What about the previous managers over the last few years, are you saying they're all bad managers?"

To which Carragher hit back: "At Manchester United? Do you think they've done good jobs? You slaughtered Mourinho when he was in the job."

Keane responded: "But he needed more time."

Carra's voice then dropped an octave or two as he incredulously replied: "He needed more time? You'd have given Mourinho more time? On the back of the performance here [Anfield] last year?"

"Absolutely, that's the name of the game. We question Ole, he's not up to it, look at his CV. Yet for some reasons other managers go to clubs and they're given the benefit of the doubt," Keane responded.

Carragher then pointed out: "Probably the CV gives them the benefit of the doubt."

The 48-year-old Irishman then brought the Chelsea boss into the debate: "Frank Lampard at Chelsea, I saw Chelsea last night."

The 41-year-old ex Liverpool defender butted in: "He's been in the job six months."

After which Keane finished his point: "And I'd say the same, give him time. Give Ole a bit of time. How long has Ole been in the job?"

The duo then bickered over how long Ole has been in charge, before Jones eventually cut in to remind them that Mourinho's last game had been at Anfield last season, as Carragher couldn't conceal a smirk.

Keane kept trying to argue his point: "Give the man a chance. I watched Chelsea last night. Chelsea, decent team, they couldn't get the job done.

"Frank Lampard's lost eight games, but for some reason, Frank's doing alright - maybe because he's English? I don't know."

After Keane continued to ramble on, a frustrated Carragher cut him off to ask his counterpart: "Tell me what the problem is at Manchester United."

The pair then started talking over each other and continued to bicker like school-children.

Carragher then brought the debate round by asking: "How long would you give Ole?"

And Keane finally gave a straight answer, saying he'd "certainly give Ole another year."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...row-solskjaer/

Give him 1 yr & may miss out on getting Mauricio Pochettino. I'll give him until end of the season to get Man Utd into the top 4. If Man Utd can't get into the top 4 means he had failed & will need to be replaced.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #4517
High Supremacy Member

i dont know why Andreas is still in the squad. probably because we have no one else to play (mata?)

that guy is clueless in the final third and his decision making is costing us goals and points.
so many times wan bissaka is free on the right wing, but he dont want to release him. so many times Martial is waiting to latch on to that pass, but nope, Andreas just looks down and runs straight.

even when the centre is already overcrowded, he cuts in. why the hell are you cutting in to 3/4 liverpool players????
Old 20-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #4518
Greater Supremacy Member

About Ole, he has to stay, we chopped and changed too many times already. Don't tell me he has no clue and that's why he has to go. Moyes/LvG/Mourinho all had no clue too? Come on, don't give me this crap. I am not saying Ole is up there among the best managers, but we had some of the best before, and it didn't work? Give him time, I asked for more time for LvG, for Mou, and I'll say give more time to Ole.

On the other hand, wtf are we giving so much time to some of the players? Gosh, if only we can show the same patience to managers! How long has Martial been with us? 5 years? That miss last night basically gg-ed us. How long has Shaw been with us? 6 years? Lingard? Jones? Pogba? For one reason or another, these players should just leave, we shall sell all of them, or let them go for free. We have too many dead woods in the team! And this echo with giving the manager time, because if you change the manager now, the new manager is going to reassess the whole team, and give these dead woods more time to rot within us!

I don't mind giving Fred, AP, Bailly more time, we still need squad players. But those 5 above, I really don't wish to see them in Utd colour again. Sadly, I will...
how much time fans or management to give ole before patience runs out.

3, 5 or 10 seasons ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #4519
Arch-Supremacy Member

Started with the season with a thin bare squad. No surprise we are in this mess now. Still say he was confident with our front players blah blah.

If Iím OGS, I will bench Lindelof. Farking sissy so long in PL still no composure.

But he chose to bench Mata instead. Hence, his team selection & tactics very questionable. So I canít back him, even though we know the rot starts from the top.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #4520
High Supremacy Member

Fergie was able to swiftly ship out players he had issues with, be it off or on the field. sometimes even if it's influential player.

cant say the same for our post-Fergie managers.
Fergie didnt work with that incompetent woodward. he worked hand in hand with David Gill, with Gill understanding what the club needs.

Instead of saying Ole is out of his depth, i would say Woodward is out of his depth.

we've been through LVG, Moyes, Mourinho, and now Ole. 4 managers but the result is still crap and there is only one constant all their reign: Woodward.

Woodward needs to step it up.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:52 PM   #4521
Master Member

No, he needs to step down.
fat_boyz and vitaminc1231 like this.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #4522
High Supremacy Member

No, he needs to step down.
this i agree too.

sad to say, he has the full backing of the glazers and unless something happens to the glazers, that won't happen.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #4523
Great Supremacy Member

tats my point in that discussion. post Fergie managers are all working under 1 same man that had failed them.
Fergie didnt work with that incompetent woodward. he worked hand in hand with David Gill, with Gill understanding what the club needs.

Instead of saying Ole is out of his depth, i would say Woodward is out of his depth.

we've been through LVG, Moyes, Mourinho, and now Ole. 4 managers but the result is still crap and there is only one constant all their reign: Woodward.

Old 20-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #4524
Great Supremacy Member

The squad lacking in quality and depth..

Main player suka suka MC

Decent first team player either sold or never give new contract..

Backup squad players every year get new contract...

Wtf is happening
Old 20-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #4525
High Supremacy Member

tats my point in that discussion. post Fergie managers are all working under 1 same man that had failed them.
yea.

it's really disheartening to see how this club has fallen. i dont know if it's an issue of ego or not, but they only need to just take leaflet out of liverpool's or Man City's books, no matter how much we despised them.

get them negotiations out early. Someone please show it in his face that he can do transfer negotiations OUTSIDE the transfer window. and dont do one deal at a time zzzzz

i woke up this morning feeling angry and wanna beat woodward up
Old 20-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #4526
Great Supremacy Member

The squad lacking in quality and depth..

Main player suka suka MC

Decent first team player either sold or never give new contract..

Backup squad players every year get new contract...

Wtf is happening

It's a mess. A very big mess.
Old 20-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #4527
Great Supremacy Member

can now understand why our ex managers said what they said back then.
but they only need to just take leaflet out of liverpool's or Man City's books, no matter how much we despised them.
Old 20-01-2020, 03:05 PM   #4528
Master Member

Suddenly Rashy become so impt??
He still makes the wrong decision now and then in front of goal but unfortunately he's the best we've got. That's how bad we are attacking-wise.

Martial with that perpetual gritted teeth and agonised look after he misses every time, is getting on my nerves. Greenwood only functions in certain parts of the pitch, i.e. within his left foot's shooting range. Midfielders? Non-existent as goal threats.

How did we end of in such a situation of so few strikers, when in the past we had up to 4 vying for the starting positions? All thanks to Woodward and Glazers.
Old 20-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #4529

You guys hailed ole after mou was gone.

Canít wait for mou to go.

Did you really expect things to change drastically? Ole is a fugging yes man all his life!
Old 20-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #4530
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fergie was able to swiftly ship out players he had issues with, be it off or on the field. sometimes even if it's influential player.

cant say the same for our post-Fergie managers.
he had a very competent david gill side by side with him.

can't say the same for woodward
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.