Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Like Tree318Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #4921
Great Supremacy Member

haha that's why i say 'trying'
u get a big money move, give a player a very fat paycheck
den suddenly scrimping, not offering contracts, not buying to replace departures, 1year late to bring in a CB.

u don't need a license to see that this squad lacks reinforcements, but this club got their manager to come out and say 'if we needed we would have bought someone or not sold someone"
We’re not even throwing money because we are penny pinching
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #4922
High Supremacy Member

but u r the one saying play Jones = lose

and it wasn't even remotely Jones fault that we lost.
i mean the game start with jones sure lose regardless his or not his fault
Old 23-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #4923
Master Member

Honestly, does hiring a DoF make any difference? Maybe the reason why the long delay of appointing a DoF is that this DoF is just for show, no power one. Still reports to Ed. It’s just another layer of protection for Ed. Which candidate will want to come?
Exactly why no DoF want to join, and no one else joined too. Ed has too much ego to admit he fails.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #4924
Master Member

haha that's why i say 'trying'
u get a big money move, give a player a very fat paycheck
den suddenly scrimping, not offering contracts, not buying to replace departures, 1year late to bring in a CB.
I also don't understand the thought process. I mean, if one guy is stingy, he will always be stingy, and vice versa. But we can suddenly spend a fortune on Pogba, on Sanchez, on Harry, and offer big big contract extension, then suddenly we can refuse to pay another couple million to sign a player the manager really wants.

So it seems money is not the showstopper. But for Ed to spend, maybe whoever we buy has to be wonderkid or legendary status in FM. Or can sell a lot shirts.
Asakura likes this.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #4925
High Supremacy Member

If this is Jose Mourinho, still got chance.

Ole is naive as a manager. The players probably believe his propaganda also.
if this is jose...i think he will know how to use harry and wan .....cos he been requesting for a cb since he join..

seriously when they appoint jose i tot he will be here for 5 years...but i understand jose feeling when i saw him on sky sports..like a feeling when he say he been requesting for a central back when he was there but ole there for 6 mths viola..

maciam you see your ex getting pregnant with new amdk after 6 mths of dating while with you 6 years you can't laid your hands on her....that kinda of feeling

still i feel the board should back him....then ...we all see the problem but the board see otherwise....we need such arrogant manager but with backing
Old 23-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #4926
Great Supremacy Member

This is hilarious
fat_boyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #4927
Master Member

I also don't understand the thought process. I mean, if one guy is stingy, he will always be stingy, and vice versa. But we can suddenly spend a fortune on Pogba, on Sanchez, on Harry, and offer big big contract extension, then suddenly we can refuse to pay another couple million to sign a player the manager really wants.

So it seems money is not the showstopper. But for Ed to spend, maybe whoever we buy has to be wonderkid or legendary status in FM. Or can sell a lot shirts.
It's like flying a kite, or reeling in a fish. Cannot tarik all the time, but tarik, tarik, then let go.

Basically the Glazers are scrimping and destroying the club, and helped by Ed. Until things start to go downhill fast, then they scramble to bring in a big name player, because by then they got no choice, they need to placate the fans. But then everyone and their mother know how desperate we are, so we kena chop gau gau. Rinse and repeat next year.

Story of our club. Since SAF days I would say.
Marky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 02:29 PM   #4928
Master Member

maciam you see your ex getting pregnant with new amdk after 6 mths of dating while with you 6 years you can't laid your hands on her....that kinda of feeling
Your analogy damn tokong. Luckily I don't have that kinda of feeling.
Marky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #4929
High Supremacy Member

I think it's also because Ed thinks he has a good assessment of the potential of the player to blossom.

Remember when Jose wanted to buy players and Ed didn't want to because he thought X was better or he had Y reason
Old 23-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #4930
High Supremacy Member

Your analogy damn tokong. Luckily I don't have that kinda of feeling.
I was about to quote him and say the same thing... Knna really sibeh toking
Old 23-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #4931

Honestly, does hiring a DoF make any difference? Maybe the reason why the long delay of appointing a DoF is that this DoF is just for show, no power one. Still reports to Ed. It’s just another layer of protection for Ed. Which candidate will want to come?

Question should be, who is powerful enough to buy out Man Utd at this point?

MBS was touted to be interested but I think it’s not gonna happen. Is it market manipulation that Utd’s stock is on the rise given its results?

DOF over see strategy and transfer. Something that ED is not good at. But since ED want his foot into everything, hence no one wanna take up the post.
Asakura likes this.

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
ragnarok95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #4932
Great Supremacy Member

i totally get tat we are not like City, got deep pockets
but seriously, the way Jose ended the season that year, im pretty sure a CB is top top priority. we end up with Dalot Fred Grant. really?
same this time, losing 2 midfielders 2 forwards, and your team practically have no natural striker, why is it not top priority? because need to fix the mistake of not getting the CB last year. isn't that just making problems snowball?

let's say we believe what Woodward said, that there's a team of people advising and he is just signing off. this dimwit still thinks they are doing a brilliant job?

It's like flying a kite, or reeling in a fish. Cannot tarik all the time, but tarik, tarik, then let go.

Basically the Glazers are scrimping and destroying the club, and helped by Ed. Until things start to go downhill fast, then they scramble to bring in a big name player, because by then they got no choice, they need to placate the fans. But then everyone and their mother know how desperate we are, so we kena chop gau gau. Rinse and repeat next year.

Story of our club. Since SAF days I would say.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #4933
Great Supremacy Member

this tops it all
https://twitter.com/i/status/1216137728087207936

He said those crap$ again?

There are differences between clueless and passionate.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #4934
Supremacy Member

You can suggest all the TOP managers in the world right now. Come 2021/2022, you will still ask for their heads.
Ole still must go enough is enough i hope he just resign. as a player he is a legend but he is out of depth as a manager.

glazers and woodwards are the worst they refuse to pay the asking price for bruno fernandes when the squad is in badly need of reinvestments we are not a football club we are a business that want to save money

Last edited by ticcan; 23-01-2020 at 04:00 PM..
ticcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #4935
Master Member

It’s funny how Ole and Ed and the great brains behind scene thinks Man Utd is still in a position of power. Refusing to pay the extra $$ to agents for Haaland. Refusing to pay the extra $$ for Bruno.

Yes I might admire them not bowing down, but sometimes you got to take a sensible look at the squad and pay the $$.

I forgot which pundit said this, but it’s so true now. “Players going to Man Utd is like players going to CSL, all for the money.”

How is Man Utd any different from the likes of Wolves/Sheffield etc? Utd biggest club in history etc etc? Really? Playing for heritage? Really?

There’s a reason why the likes of G Nev/ Scholes/ Rio/ Fletcher/ Roy Keane are not working for the club. The culture, it’s gone.

Honestly, we can stop expecting Man Utd to be challenging for this, challenging for that. Because, it’s a challenge in itself to even win a match nowadays. It’s like an achievement if Utd even win a match nowadays. That’s how pathetic this manager is. Until a whole new set of management is in place, this is what we gonna see week in week out as fans.
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.