Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mentioned JessieL was good when none of us here could find him good so now who is better? Rashford or JessieL?
I never said JessieL was good. I just said he played a little better the last time round relative to his own past performances.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expect Chelsea & Leicester to drop some more points.
Liverpool will not want to lose in their last home game against Chelsea.
Tottenham at home against Leicester & will have to beat Leicester to have any hope of qualifying for the Europa next season. Leicester is not strong in away games.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man Utd will have to continue playing the same 1st 11 players until the Premier League & Europa ended.

Jack Grealish may not be good enough to make it to the 1st 11. Maybe as a back up to Fernandes or back up to the wingers (left or right).

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
‘Fernandes won’t play every game; Man Utd need Grealish’ – Given expects Aston Villa raid

The former Villans goalkeeper believes a talented playmaker will be snapped up this summer, with Old Trafford still his most likely landing spot

Manchester United remain the most likely landing spot for Jack Grealish, says Shay Given, with the Red Devils expected to retain their interest in a talented playmaker because Bruno Fernandes will not play “every single game”.

It has been suggested that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is about to turn his attention elsewhere after spending several months mulling over a raid on Aston Villa.

United were crying out for added creativity at the turn of the year and Grealish, with plenty of potential to unlock at 24 years of age, was considered to be a good fit for those at Old Trafford.

He has, however, seen Bruno Fernandes star for the Red Devils since his arrival in the January, while exit talk has eased around Paul Pogba – with the World Cup winner now thriving as part of a new-look midfield.

Mason Greenwood is another to have impressed since stepping into an attacking berth, with there now little room for fresh faces in the final third at the Theatre of Dreams.

Given, though, believes Grealish would still be a shrewd addition for Solskjaer as he would provide greater depth to United’s ranks and quality cover for whenever others sit out.

The former Villa goalkeeper told Stadium Astro: "There's so much press and media about Jack joining, there's no smoke without fire. There must be something in the pipeline that he could be joining United.

"I've no clue what the fee's going to be but I do think he's good enough to play for a club like United. He wouldn't look out of place in that team."

Pressed on whether Grealish would play if he did link up with the Red Devils, Given added: "That's the question.

"We talk about Fernandes and the impact he's had, you couldn't pick 11 United players and not have him in the team, that's how good he's been.

"Where would Jack play? Maybe off the left or off the right.

"But I think Jack's strongest position is as a No 10. Even [Liverpool manager] Jurgen Klopp has said that about Jack's qualities, that's where he seems his best position.

"But Fernandes is in that position as well and Pogba can also play that position. They've got a number of players who can play there.

"But if they're back in the Champions League, then there's so many games and so many players will be needed for so many games at the top level.

"Fernandes is a young enough player as well but I don't think he can play every single game.

"Maybe Ole's looking at rotating the squad a bit and getting Jack into the team.

"We don't know for definite if it's going to happen but my understanding is that I think it might happen because there's so much talk about it.

"I think he would fit into the team. The position? I can't tell you that because he's got so many options now, Solskjaer, going forward."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fernan...realish-given-aston/8tmfxiijp3p81f0gwfbpu85kt

If you want to compete for the title, the depth has to be very strong. Need very good players even as reserves.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
City ban is overturned (expected) and only fine 9m ( :s12:) Looks like its game on tonight for the boys. Ole better be showing this to them tonight and hopefully they can attack attack attack tonight from the start. is a must win tonight

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expect Chelsea & Leicester to drop some more points.
Liverpool will not want to lose in their last home game against Chelsea.
Tottenham at home against Leicester & will have to beat Leicester to have any hope of qualifying for the Europa next season. Leicester is not strong in away games.

but honestly dont depend on other teams to drop points when our own team can't grab the opportunity. Let's hope we can finish the season off as 3rd (get all 12 points remaining)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.