Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chelsea have every chance to beat Liverpool if they play like what they did to us with those high press, we cannot rely help from others, we must beat west ham by a big scoreline.

Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder if Dean still wanna come back after seeing the way Romero was dropped from the FA Cup fixture.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually Dean also made quite a few mistakes in the Sheffield goal. Just that they are not magnatised as big matters because he wasn't making them in the United goal. You all go watch the goals Sheffield concede you will see. I mean which goalkeeper doesn't make mistakes, just that more or less nia. De Gea by now are by the dozens already

Also does Dean got mentality to keep goal for a big club? Especially when the crowds return and more scrutiny. Never try never know but it's a risk i want the manager to take

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually Dean also made quite a few mistakes in the Sheffield goal. Just that they are not magnatised as big matters because he wasn't making them in the United goal. You all go watch the goals Sheffield concede you will see. I mean which goalkeeper doesn't make mistakes, just that more or less nia. De Gea by now are by the dozens already

Also does Dean got mentality to keep goal for a big club? Especially when the crowds return and more scrutiny. Never try never know but it's a risk i want the manager to take

If he wants to be England's goal keeper in the Euro competition next season he has to be ready for the big games.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awful performance made worse by Chelsea outworking our team. The pitch seemed so small and it felt like we had no space to operate in midfield. We really might have done better if we stuck to the same front 3 to make sure the defenders and midfielders can't all focus on BrunoF.

As for defence, well, it is what it is. Most United fans wanted this pairing and proclaimed they would form a steel wall.

Overall, I really think the tactics failed. We beat them 3 times, so perhaps there was some complacency and overconfidence. Would really have liked to beat them and progress to the Finals, since it would be Arsenal and we would have a real shot at lifting the Cup.

Just a short wait of 2 working days to Wednesday. Let's hope our ex manager doesn't come out with a one-game wonder formation to prove something.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole did beat Frank in the previous 3 games before losing this one so i wouldn't say he was really tactically outsmart. He can't win it all. The general play was okay until Bailly had to go off but you could see the team was labouring. Would we have conceded that goal before half time if we still had three centrebacks in the back five? I dunno. Chelsea played really well after that to get this result, they wanted it much more so congrats to them

If in any way Leicester and us can plot to get Chelsea out of that top four, i would love it. Yes i'm a very very bitter man. But we better take care of ourselves first

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
our dear captain thinks he is a midfielder
"Former Sheffield United academy manager John Pemberton has revealed Harry Maguire wanted to be a centre midfielder before his transformation into the centre-back he is today."
The 85th minute you saw he did what? He dispossessed Matic and mimic Iniesta this time by doing Cryuff turns with himself then gave it away to a blue shirt after all that show. Please Harry, just give to your nearest teammate and move on from there. You pretending to be someone else when you are not just makes you look stupid. I’m very surprised the manager haven’t had a pop at him yet

De Gea fecking up also nothing new. Been doing that regularly since last year. Because apparently he gave some good years of service so he’s excused by fans. Romero was the cup goalkeeper so why didn’t he play
poor decision to drop Romero who has played in all the cup games suddenly, unless he was injured but he was named on the bench? :s22:

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many people condemn OGS and DDG for the performance. Yes, it was poor and maybe wrong selection, but they had been playing 2-3 matches/week recently. Players are not robot. I would rather to see this as a blip and support the team to clinch top 4. Don't forget the same team was written off for top 4, we had a good run, give credit to them. It's sad to exit the cup, but I prefer we can compete in UCL next season than just winning FA cup.

Precisely why DDG should be rested and Romero should play. The rest will keep DDG fresh for the 2 league games.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Each club in the final receives 40 winners or runners-up medals to be distributed among players, staff, and officials."

iirc its up the clubs how they distribute these and read somewhere they can actually purchase more if required.

Last edited:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure which match you were watching. The general play wasn’t okay even before the goal. Would we have conceded that goal before half time if got 3 **? If the 3 ** still includes Lindesolf, high chance is yes.

Chelsea played really well since the first whistle to the last. They wanted it since the first whistle.

Ole did beat Frank in the previous 3 games before losing this one so i wouldn't say he was really tactically outsmart. He can't win it all. The general play was okay until Bailly had to go off but you could see the team was labouring. Would we have conceded that goal before half time if we still had three centrebacks in the back five? I dunno. Chelsea played really well after that to get this result, they wanted it much more so congrats to them

If in any way Leicester and us can plot to get Chelsea out of that top four, i would love it. Yes i'm a very very bitter man. But we better take care of ourselves first

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope pool beat chelski on Wed.. and we get the job done against WHU.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if that happens, we can take 'revenge' on them by qualifying together with Lei

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chelsea’s last two games is away to Poo and home against Wolves. Best case scenario is 0 points or 1 point or 2 points which makes them 64 or 65 points with a GD than us or Leicester by -13 goals.

We got West Ham at home and Leicester away. If we win West Ham and lose to Leicester, gives us 65 points

Leicester has us at home. And if they win us is 65 points.

Wolves got Chelsea away. If win is 62 points, draw is 60 points

Spurs is 1 point behind Wolves. Arsenil is 53 points with 2 games to spare.

Wolves die die need to win Chelsea to safely go through Europa.

In order for Chelsea not to get CL spot, they need to lose to both Poo and Wolves. We need to win West ham and draw/lose to Leicester.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.