HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Like Tree341Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #7591
Great Supremacy Member

that is if players are willing to try and take the advice. even Scholes moved from a striking role under advice of Fergie.

players these days, not just influenced by agent(Rooney for example) doesn't take advice and den starts sulking or threaten to leave.
Personally I don't consider it a huge mistake, after seeing RomeluL's contribution to the team in general. Fell into the category of players who needed to be moved on. Sometimes, players think they can play in certain positions better, like how DavidB preferred to play in centre-midfield thinking he can be the one dictating play. SAF gave him a few chances but in the end, his golden right foot is best utilised on the flank, and that's where his contribution to the team is highest. If AnthonyM can realise this after this season, then good for us, because he is a real threat from the left flank and will inevitably draw a central defender out of position just to guard him. If not, maybe he will eventually be moved on too.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #7592
Greater Supremacy Member

It’s obvious AnthonyM has real talent. That chip goal against Watford. But he sulks more than he performs. It’s sad that Ole let Lukaku go just for AnthonyM play no9. Huge mistake.

Consistency is the issue.

No point out of 10 times only 1 time 9/10, rest of the 9 times 5/10

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:01 PM   #7593
Supremacy Member

Martial is average at best, the numbers don’t lie. He still hasn’t fixed his Long standing problems of not running behind the lines, quite clearly all he wants to do is to dribble past defenders.
He could have been 2nd best if Haaland had joined
Old 07-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #7594
Supremacy Member

we must beat city not just putting pressure on chelsea we need to stay 5th
Old 08-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #7595
Great Supremacy Member

Bruno Fernandes was reportedly left disappointed by the reaction of his Manchester United teammates' to last weekend's draw at Everton - saying the players should have been furious at the result.

"With this draw, we need to be a little bit mad, because we need to do much better,"said Fernandes, who has yet to be on the losing side since joining United.

“We need to win the games, because we want a place in the Champions League.

“So we need to try more, to improve more, and I think in the next games we will be much better.”
Old 08-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #7596
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bruno Fernandes was reportedly left disappointed by the reaction of his Manchester United teammates' to last weekend's draw at Everton - saying the players should have been furious at the result.

"With this draw, we need to be a little bit mad, because we need to do much better,"said Fernandes, who has yet to be on the losing side since joining United.

“So we need to try more, to improve more, and I think in the next games we will be much better.”
Don't worry, soon enough he will sink to their level and his recent bout of good performances will be forgotten too.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #7597
Great Supremacy Member

Hmmm......

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...act-extension/
Old 08-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #7598
Supremacy Member

Last season, Messi Lingardinho was there to stop Liverpool from winning the title and ensure the title stay at Manchester. Icon of Man Utd.

https://youtu.be/DDD-sInKBWc
Old 08-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #7599
Supremacy Member

#mufc players who arrived at the Lowry this evening: De Gea, Romero, Bishop, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Shaw, Williams, Matic, Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Mata, Fernandes, Ighalo, Martial, Greenwood #mulive [men]

No Slabhead VVD, no Pogba.... but most importantly - NO LINGARDINESTA 😬

Will ole play a front 2 of Ighalo and Masiao? Or Masiao and Greenwood? Will Tiki Taka Legend play in the midfield 5? Will Lindesolf be playing the middle of 3 CB or will it be Tuanzebe?
Old 08-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #7600
Supremacy Member

The best English youth prospect to ever appear in a United shirt

Last season, Messi Lingardinho was there to stop Liverpool from winning the title and ensure the title stay at Manchester. Icon of Man Utd.

https://youtu.be/DDD-sInKBWc
Old 08-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #7601
High Supremacy Member

the mgr is satisfied is what matters.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #7602
Supremacy Member

Matic sign contract extension, then James Garner? Looks like another one who will leave
Old 08-03-2020, 06:55 PM   #7603
Supremacy Member

the mgr is satisfied is what matters.
If you are ambitious you'll want to win & get 3 points. A draw is considered a failure.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:00 PM   #7604
Supremacy Member

Should give Ighalo more playing time. He may be a better striker than Martial since he scored 2 goals against Derby. Martial had not scored 2 goals in any game for Man Utd this season.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #7605
Supremacy Member

Former Man Utd striker reveals why he was wrong about Odion Ighalo

Dimitar Berbatov has admitted that Odion Ighalo is proving him wrong at Manchester United so far, praising him for his goalscoring, strength and technical ability.

Some eyebrows were raised when United brought Ighalo in on a short-term loan deal in January, given that they had been linked with the likes of Erling Braut Haaland instead, but the Nigerian striker is starting to settle in at Old Trafford.

The former Watford forward has now scored three goals for his new club, despite not making a Premier League start since his move – and ex-United striker Berbatov has admitted that Ighalo is impressing him.

“I’m really happy to see that Odion Ighalo is settling in well,” Berbatov wrote for Betfair, “and he deserves it with the way he is playing, how he links the plays and the goals he is scoring.

“All the team are happy when he scores which shows he is fully integrated, and I like the way he looks for the ball and bullies the defenders.

“I’ll be honest, I didn’t know too much about him before he joined, obviously I knew about his record in the Premier League, but I questioned if he was the right man and if he would get into the team, but so far he is doing well and proving me wrong.

“When you need to play more direct in a game you need a presence in the box, a guy who knows how to get onto the end of a ball, bully the defenders and win the ball.

“Ighalo can do that, but he can also play, is technically good as well, he can keep the ball and give it to his team-mates and get into the box, that’s why I like him.

“He doesn’t just stay in the box and try to head the ball. He is linking really well with others and that shows in the team performances when he is involved.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed a few weeks ago that Ighalo’s impact thus far may even put him in contention for a permanent transfer to United.

Ighalo himself says he will continue to work hard to prove the rest of his critics wrong.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/berbat...t-odion-ighalo
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.