Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Like Tree341Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2020, 05:43 PM   #8491
High Supremacy Member

Instagrammer using social media to gain sympathy again

Man United's Lingard on form struggle last season: 'My mind wasn't there'

Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard has said the Premier League return will offer him a "fresh start" after admitting his "mind wasn't there" last season.

Lingard enjoyed a successful 2017-18 campaign capped off with a starring role for England at the World Cup in Russia.

A dip in form, coinciding with issues off the pitch, has resulted in Lingard losing his place in Gareth Southgate's squad and struggling for a place in the United team but he now feels ready to get back to his best.

"My mind wasn't there, I wasn't really pushing myself," Lingard said on Instagram. "It felt like it wasn't me. You feel like when you watch yourself you're like 'that's not Jesse.'

"I know who I am and my family know who I am, I know how I play and, like I say, I didn't really push myself last season.

"For me it's like a fresh start when we restart the season and I wanted to start off flying. I feel good with my fitness and feel good mentally, which is really important.

"Last year, I wasn't really with it. I wasn't really at it last year. A lot of things played a part but now everything is sorted off the pitch. Now I can enjoy football and I can't wait to get back."

Premier League football is set to return on June 17 with United scheduled to play their first game on the weekend of June 19-21.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team are still chasing a place in the top four and also silverware in the FA Cup and the Europa League.

Lingard, 27, is hopeful of playing a key part in the remaining weeks of the season and said he has set himself personal targets.

"Trophies are the main thing and individual targets like goals and assists," Lingard added. "Last season, for some reason, I didn't set any targets. This season I'm going to have targets, I'm going to have goals that I need to hit, individually and as a team as well.

"I wanted to start fresh and come back with the right mindset and right attitude and that's what I've done.

"I always like to push myself, to work hard, to reach new heights. For me, it was the time to really re-evaluate what I want in life and concentrate on the places I want to get to. It's about working hard and I'm raring to go. I feel like it's another little fresh start. It feels like a mini-season for me."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...nd-wasnt-there
Old 30-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #8492
High Supremacy Member

Did you unfollow their super irritating social media?
Yes, I unfollowed them after some silly interview with Paul Pogba.
Old 30-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #8493
Arch-Supremacy Member

soon the liverpool supporters are going to restart their taunting...
just hope don't need to wait 3 decades before utd finally win their next league title.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #8494
Supremacy Member

If Ole continues to play the likes of Lingardinho, maybe 4 decades later then got chance.

just hope don't need to wait 3 decades before utd finally win their next league title.
Old 30-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #8495
Supremacy Member

Donít look too far ahead, just made top 4 first.
Old 30-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #8496
Master Member

No need
The revamp format of Europa League makes MU favourite for the title

Which will give them auto entry into Champions League

Donít look too far ahead, just made top 4 first.
Old 31-05-2020, 12:19 AM   #8497
Arch-Supremacy Member

If Ole continues to play the likes of Lingardinho, maybe 4 decades later then got chance.

you don't have to worry about that.

im pretty sure he doesnt have 4 decades at the helm of united
Old 31-05-2020, 12:24 AM   #8498
Arch-Supremacy Member

Instagrammer using social media to gain sympathy again

Man United's Lingard on form struggle last season: 'My mind wasn't there'

Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard has said the Premier League return will offer him a "fresh start" after admitting his "mind wasn't there" last season.

Lingard enjoyed a successful 2017-18 campaign capped off with a starring role for England at the World Cup in Russia.

A dip in form, coinciding with issues off the pitch, has resulted in Lingard losing his place in Gareth Southgate's squad and struggling for a place in the United team but he now feels ready to get back to his best.

"My mind wasn't there, I wasn't really pushing myself," Lingard said on Instagram. "It felt like it wasn't me. You feel like when you watch yourself you're like 'that's not Jesse.'

"I know who I am and my family know who I am, I know how I play and, like I say, I didn't really push myself last season.

"For me it's like a fresh start when we restart the season and I wanted to start off flying. I feel good with my fitness and feel good mentally, which is really important.

"Last year, I wasn't really with it. I wasn't really at it last year. A lot of things played a part but now everything is sorted off the pitch. Now I can enjoy football and I can't wait to get back."

Premier League football is set to return on June 17 with United scheduled to play their first game on the weekend of June 19-21.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team are still chasing a place in the top four and also silverware in the FA Cup and the Europa League.

Lingard, 27, is hopeful of playing a key part in the remaining weeks of the season and said he has set himself personal targets.

"Trophies are the main thing and individual targets like goals and assists," Lingard added. "Last season, for some reason, I didn't set any targets. This season I'm going to have targets, I'm going to have goals that I need to hit, individually and as a team as well.

"I wanted to start fresh and come back with the right mindset and right attitude and that's what I've done.

"I always like to push myself, to work hard, to reach new heights. For me, it was the time to really re-evaluate what I want in life and concentrate on the places I want to get to. It's about working hard and I'm raring to go. I feel like it's another little fresh start. It feels like a mini-season for me."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...nd-wasnt-there
mind wasn't there?

goodness SAF would have shipped someone out within a season if the person's mind wasn't solely on winning trophies with united. even big names like becky and RvN wasn't spared. this clown has been here taking millions per year when his mind wasn't focused on winning trophies with us?
Old 31-05-2020, 07:37 AM   #8499
Great Supremacy Member

the club is in debt. not the Glazers
Glazers regret not selling Man Red to the saudi prince now?
Old 31-05-2020, 07:53 AM   #8500
Great Supremacy Member

still wanna use his family for issue to gain sympathy.
when he was making the lewd and silly videos, didnt see his family problem there. coping mechanism?

if personal issues affecting performance should take compassion leave. not take millions in pay and play half-heartedly
mind wasn't there?
Old 31-05-2020, 07:53 AM   #8501
Supremacy Member

Never know, if Ed continues to be CEO and Ole continues to suck thumb and just play players that CEO canít afford to buy.

Ed has successfully changed the majority of the fans mindset. From winning the league to finishing in top 2 to finishing in top 4 to finishing with Europa placing.

Plus 4 decades later, our young english prospect Lingardinho might just be in peak form 😂

you don't have to worry about that.

im pretty sure he doesnt have 4 decades at the helm of united
Old 31-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #8502
Supremacy Member

Ighalo loan deal expire today.
Old 31-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #8503
Arch-Supremacy Member

Never know, if Ed continues to be CEO and Ole continues to suck thumb and just play players that CEO canít afford to buy.

Ed has successfully changed the majority of the fans mindset. From winning the league to finishing in top 2 to finishing in top 4 to finishing with Europa placing.

Plus 4 decades later, our young english prospect Lingardinho might just be in peak form 😂

4 decades means lingard will be 67 years old. how is he in peak form unless he is utd manager.
Old 31-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #8504

Ighalo to stay until Jan 2021.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:23 PM   #8505
Great Supremacy Member

Shanghai Shenhua will allow Odion Ighalo to remain at Manchester United until January on the condition that he signs a new contract with the Chinese club, according to reports.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.