HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Like Tree341Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2020, 05:16 AM   #9031
Supremacy Member

Omg Chelsea lost as well 3th place also up for grab.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:07 AM   #9032
High Supremacy Member

NICE NICE!!! Got chance for 3rd
Old 02-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #9033
Arch-Supremacy Member

We are only just 3 points behind Leicester, come on apply more pressure on them in this TOP 4 scrap.
If Leicester lost the champions league spot to us, their sale of Harry Maguire to us would have been a very poor business.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #9034
High Supremacy Member

United legends young and sanchez combining well for the first goal

Old 02-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #9035
High Supremacy Member

Last matches of the season is pivotal.. manutd vs lei and chelski vs wolves..
Old 02-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #9036
Arch-Supremacy Member

In their first full season with 40 apps so far.. Greenwood has 13 goals, DJ has 4
Old 02-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #9037
Supremacy Member

All Man Utd has to do now is to win all the remaining games & will be able to get into the top 4.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #9038
Supremacy Member

Leicester has away games against Arsenal & Tottenham. Leicester may lose these 2 games.
Chelsea has away game against Liverpool.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #9039
Supremacy Member

‘It’s already done’: Tim Sherwood claims Manchester United have agreed Jack Grealish deal

‘I think Jack Grealish is a deal which is already done,’ Sherwood told Premier League Productions.

‘He’s a player that they [Manchester United] need. I honestly believe there’s only one club for Jack Grealish.

Pushed further on his claim, Sherwood said it was inevitable that Grealish would move to the Theatre of Dreams. ‘I don’t think he can stay at Aston Villa, he needs to progress his career. I think he signs for Manchester United.’

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/01/alrea...2/?ito=cbshare
Old 02-07-2020, 06:26 PM   #9040
Supremacy Member

Barcelona’s unsettled Antoine Griezmann ‘likes’ idea of Man Utd transfer amid enquiry

He has scored eight La Liga goals in 32 appearances though a relationship with Lionel Messi, the star of Barcelona, does not appear as strong as some would like.

That wasn’t helped by Griezmann having never found himself in the same group as Messi when the Barca squad recently returned to training.

And while Barcelona are keen to keep the World Cup winner, Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo claim the forward ‘likes’ the idea of the Premier League.

It’s reported that Manchester United and Manchester City have both asked about the availability of Griezmann, who signed for over £100m last summer.

Griezmann was only brought on for the final moments against his former club as Barca drew 2-2 with Atletico on Tuesday night.

“Is there anything wrong with Griezmann?” manager Quique Setien was asked.

“He seems in good shape to me,” said Setien, adding: “But they can't all play. Decisions have to be made.”

And when pushed on why he only brought the star on so late, the boss added: “I know it's not logical to put him on at the point of the match.

“I would have put him on before but I thought we were playing well and Messi and Suarez, you always have to have them on the pitch.”

Griezmann’s brother Theo had slammed Setien for the way he treated the former Atletico star in the La Liga clash.

In now deleted tweets, Theo wrote: “Honestly, I am going to cry,” before adding shortly after “2 minutes” – in reference to the amount of game-time the Frenchman had against his former club.

And Theo was eventually lost for words, simply tweeting: “…” as his third post before deleting all three shortly after.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...likes-22288909

Obviously he made a mistake joining Barcelona.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:14 PM   #9041
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have 3 wishes as for now

1. Win the Europa league
2. Get a TOP four finish in the league
3. Griezmann or Sancho either one come I dun mind
Old 02-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #9042
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. Win the Europa league
but griezmann position now taken by fernandez. he come here have to settle for flanks.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:52 AM   #9043
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. Win the Europa league
Sancho!!!
Old 03-07-2020, 02:46 AM   #9044
Supremacy Member

Man Utd 'agreed' £13m Roberto Firmino deal with medical planned before Liverpool transfer

Manchester United looked set to sign Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim before Liverpool went the extra mile to conclude the deal.

Roberto Firmino could have joined Liverpool's arch-rivals Manchester United in 2015 before sealing his £29million switch to Anfield from Hoffenheim. The Brazilian was hot property after scoring 22 goals and providing 16 assists in all competitions for the Bundesliga outfit.

Only Neymar had managed more from Brazil's European contingent and a host of English and Spanish clubs had already taken note.

That includes Manchester United, with reports even claiming that a £13.1million deal had been agreed.

ESPN Brazil's Jose Elias told the Bate-Bola show that Firmino would undergo his medical with Manchester United while away on international duty.

The attacker was in Santiago with his Brazil team-mates preparing for the Copa America.

That's when Liverpool decided to pounce and they were willing to go to extra lengths to get the deal done.

Former Liverpool CEO Ian Ayre decided to fly to South America to get the deal over the line following talks with Firmino's agent.

Ayre recently told the Daily Mail: "He said to me: 'We will have to sit down and talk further – do you want to come out here? I'm in Santiago.' I said: 'Sure, no problem'."

Liverpool fans could hardly contain their excitement when a grainy image emerged of Firmino holding up a Liverpool shirt alongside Ayre.

"It was quite surreal, leaving a European summer to go out to the Copa America and I remember flying into Santiago and seeing the snow-capped mountains," Ayre added on his adventure to Chile.

"This, really, was nothing different to lots of other deals that we had done before.

"I always find that face-to-face meetings bring a personal touch. We did it with (Philippe) Coutinho, for (Sadio) Mane. Even Joe Gomez was a drive down to Charlton, to meet him and make sure we completed. That face-to-face aspect is so important to make sure there are no problems.

"There could have been a problem as the Brazilian FA were running a closed camp and not allowing anyone in to see their squad. But we were really lucky as Dunga, their manager, agreed to let Roberto leave the team hotel and meet me for an hour with his agent.

"That's when we did the deal. I took the picture and he was our player."

Former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba has claimed that Firmino would be the perfect striker for his former side.

“I would love to see one more striker in the [Ruud] Van Nistelrooy mould come in," he told BettingApps.com.

"Someone who can score the goals, who can bring everyone into the play and someone who knows the league.

“Unfortunately I think the perfect striker for United is at Liverpool. Roberto Firmino would be the perfect striker for United, but they will never get him.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-transfer-news

Stupid Woodward expected to get deals done in his office. Even Ferguson would meet up with the players to convince them to sign.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:55 AM   #9045
Supremacy Member

This is how Ferguson signed Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson signed Cristiano Ronaldo while Manchester United squad waited on team bus, reveals Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs has revealed Sir Alex Ferguson completed a £13million deal for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2003 while the Manchester United squad waited on the team bus for their former manager.

Ronaldo, 31, sparkled as an 18-year-old as United played the winger’s former club, Sporting Lisbon, in a pre-season friendly in 2003.

The Real Madrid star tore United to shreds as the Portuguese giants ran out 3-1 winners.

Sir Alex Ferguson was interested in the wonderkid before the friendly but Giggs has revealed how the Scot refused to leave the stadium before completing a deal for Ronaldo on the night.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/07/11/sir-a...2/?ito=cbshare
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.