Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So true. Man for man we are no match for even the mid-table teams in terms of technical abilities. No ability to hold and shield the ball, no idea how to tackle other than clattering and fouling opponents (AP15, take a bow), forwards running straight into opponents' defence hoping for lucky deflections, wrong decisions at critical times, poor shooting from midfielders, etc, etc... the list doesn't end. At least DDG is honest enough to admit it.

I actually see an improvement in recent games - an ability to escape opponent's pressing which has been our Archilles heel for the longest time.

Can Poch make any difference to this sorry lot? I doubt it very much. The players are simply not good enough.

Thats the point. When the current set of players, even a peak SAF would find it difficult to win games. Just look at the midfield. AP and Fred. They can never compete with physical players and their passing is ... what to do ? no more players. Failure to replace players when they left.

The thing is that even if they sack ole, the same problem will still remain. No quality in the midfield.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder what's phelan,carrick and the phil neville lookalike doing.

"Yes sir yes sir 3 bags full?"

Every match same old story...

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thats the point. When the current set of players, even a peak SAF would find it difficult to win games. Just look at the midfield. AP and Fred. They can never compete with physical players and their passing is ... what to do ? no more players. Failure to replace players when they left.

The thing is that even if they sack ole, the same problem will still remain. No quality in the midfield.

SAF won't even kept them in the team in the 1st place.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So true. Man for man we are no match for even the mid-table teams in terms of technical abilities. No ability to hold and shield the ball, no idea how to tackle other than clattering and fouling opponents (AP15, take a bow), forwards running straight into opponents' defence hoping for lucky deflections, wrong decisions at critical times, poor shooting from midfielders, etc, etc... the list doesn't end. At least DDG is honest enough to admit it.

I actually see an improvement in recent games - an ability to escape opponent's pressing which has been our Archilles heel for the longest time.

Can Poch make any difference to this sorry lot? I doubt it very much. The players are simply not good enough.

If poch come he need to have 1 billion to shuffle the whole team.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This team was capable of getting 2nd please. Is just the virus and then everything started going downhill. Partially cause DDG and LKK off form for 3rd season and injuries.

But hate it when Mou kept playing LKK eventhough he is shitty. Never expected a more imba manager came in

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
SPORT-PREVIEW-Mings.jpg

Mings is onside.

One thing I don't quite understand is Man Utd likes to play offside trap. Why not just play as per normal in this scenario?

And Fred is supposed to block the ball...not be afraid of the ball.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SPORT-PREVIEW-Mings.jpg

Mings is onside.

One thing I don't quite understand is Man Utd likes to play offside trap. Why not just play as per normal in this scenario?

I don't think there was any defensive plan at all going on here lol.

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SPORT-PREVIEW-Mings.jpg

Mings is onside.

I don't think there was any defensive plan at all going on here lol.

Dont know how to play offside trap then dont play.

This scenario here, not only dont know how to play, also no contigency plan when offside traps fail. Look at our players, everyone one of them are crowding to Targett and nobody attempting to mark another opponent?

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont know how to play offside trap then dont play.

This scenario here, not only dont know how to play, also no contigency plan when offside traps fail. Look at our players, everyone one of them are crowding to Targett and nobody attempting to mark another opponent?

2 centre backs rushing to close down the guy with the ball (should it even be them?), the rest were ball watching.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everytime play offside trap we shot ourselves in the foot, last game was Phil

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea so many people behind but it was the 2 centrebacks that rushed forward to try stop the attacker. lack of tactical discipline, especially the captain that should be organising the defence as well(is he really ready to be one?), backline lost the shape and Brandon was still running forward to keepup to the sudden change in offside line.
2 centre backs rushing to close down the guy with the ball (should it even be them?), the rest were ball watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.