Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice win... it seemed like United have less prob against big teams.. and because the big teams wants ball as well and we are able to break through. Against smaller team who hold ball more, we are not playing that well.. any thoughts?

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice win... it seemed like United have less prob against big teams.. and because the big teams wants ball as well and we are able to break through. Against smaller team who hold ball more, we are not playing that well.. any thoughts?

If opponent play open type football we can manage it better, always been the case for past few seasons

Like arsenal, spurs type...we always seems to do better since they are more adventurous with attacks

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Against "small teams" who are happy to give us ball and possession, we cannot do much. Our attacks are slow and stagnant and no penetration.

This is a big issue we need to resolve asap since there are only more "small teams" than big teams in epl.

nagase_4

Reaction score
Hi mods, I have a few items, Manchester United's players artwork to be exact, to let go. Can i post in here?

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Against "small teams" who are happy to give us ball and possession, we cannot do much. Our attacks are slow and stagnant and no penetration.

This is a big issue we need to resolve asap since there are only more "small teams" than big teams in epl.

I think the correct term is inconsistency.

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
To break team that park bus, United need a little bit of luck and some creative move by the team just outside the box. So far there is none.

United just want to bring the ball inside the 6 yards box or bunch up during corner waiting for durian to drop.

No one is outside the box to pick up stray ball and try a shot at goal.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Hi mods, I have a few items, Manchester United's players artwork to be exact, to let go. Can i post in here?

Hey man, nope you can't post it directly here.

You can use the marketplace board and share the link here though. As long as the link is to a HWZ board, guess that should be ok.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The overall play is very good, and like thenakedshades, I thought Fred was our outstanding performer this morning. Didn't give 80% of his passes away like in the past, but have to hope it's not a one-off. Some of his passes started counter-attacks, very good to see.

Recall the Bournemouth game where JoshKing juggled the ball backwards and then scored the goal. Oh so similar. And someone please go watch the replay... and explain to me why our captain-material star defender is shouting and looking at a direction away from where the ball is and thus unable to react when the ball is suddenly juggled back. Yes yes, I know he is trying to organise the defence, but surely you don't do it until the ball is seen high up and heading out of the penalty area? So exasperating to see the whole defence flatfooted by one single action. We turned into wooden statues and made that move look brilliant.

I thought MasonG and JesseL were the lowest contributors up front, not much link-up play through them. I guess maybe they helped to pull defenders away to make more space for MarcusR. The pace of MarcusR's shot is deadly in the box - it's so fast. Hope to see him and DanielJ have some freedom in switching sides to confuse opposition fullbacks.

While ScottM wasn't exactly outstanding last night, I think his partnership with Fred is a decent one. Has there been a game where JuanM was the No. 10 with them 2 behind? AndreasP and JesseL are hit-and-miss in that position (more M than H).

Are we are now officially a mid-table team? Seeing how we raise the game against the big names but capitulate and struggle against other mid-table teams.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this "organising" of defence is rather poor so far.
other than Grealish's goal, the recent ones we been conceding really can make blood boil.
Recall the Bournemouth game where JoshKing juggled the ball backwards and then scored the goal. Oh so similar. And someone please go watch the replay... and explain to me why our captain-material star defender is shouting and looking at a direction away from where the ball is and thus unable to react when the ball is suddenly juggled back. Yes yes, I know he is trying to organise the defence, but surely you don't do it until the ball is seen high up and heading out of the penalty area? So exasperating to see the whole defence flatfooted by one single action. We turned into wooden statues and made that move look brilliant.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Marcus Rashford has scored 12 goals in the last 13 games. Will he become the next Ballon Dor winner?

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this "organising" of defence is rather poor so far.
other than Grealish's goal, the recent ones we been conceding really can make blood boil.

The situation (Joshua King and Dele Alli once the ball came to them) is hard to defend for any defenders. The only way to save it is the keeper rush out very fast and take one for the team (keeper injured) or concede penalty. But why would the keeper risk injury and lose his position in the squad?

Is Bernd Leno catching up to De Gea?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.