Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So when's the chopping ceremony? Got live streaming?

Posted from PCWX using
Where Does My QR Code Goes To?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Against "small teams" who are happy to give us ball and possession, we cannot do much. Our attacks are slow and stagnant and no penetration.

This is a big issue we need to resolve asap since there are only more "small teams" than big teams in epl.

It's funny how we do well against bigger teams this season, only turning up "when it counts more" but like sai against supposedly weaker teams.

Leads me to wonder.. if our current system/tactics can only do well against the better top 6 teams in the league, should we change the system or be stubborn & keep playing this while dropping more points along the way against the other 14 teams :s13:

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not the case of united rising up.

we are not able to break down teams that defends and happily concedes possession to us. hence the number of draws or losing by the odd goals.

we have always been able to play such football.

it is no coincidence that we have not loss to the sides above us this season and have in fact beaten chelski and leicester on the way. these sides allows us to play that way we want to.

So the question is do we keep the system that allows us to excel only against top 6 while doing poorly against the other 14.. or adopt another system that may increase collection of points over the entirety of 38 games? =:p

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they have to be exclusive? Is it not the manager's job to set the team up taking into consideration our strengths and the opposition style, and the players to exhibit some on-pitch intelligence to understand the intentions and the opposition players as they go along?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it was bad defending that lead to the situation.
The situation (Joshua King and Dele Alli once the ball came to them) is hard to defend for any defenders. The only way to save it is the keeper rush out very fast and take one for the team (keeper injured) or concede penalty. But why would the keeper risk injury and lose his position in the squad?

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The situation (Joshua King and Dele Alli once the ball came to them) is hard to defend for any defenders. The only way to save it is the keeper rush out very fast and take one for the team (keeper injured) or concede penalty. But why would the keeper risk injury and lose his position in the squad?

Huh really? While I agree that the GK could have done it, so too could one of the central defenders if he was alert to the danger and better positioned, rather than both of them clustered more towards the centre of the box.

Marky99

Master Member
Reaction score
Alli goal very nice...Great piece of skill from him

Yes it was a great first touch. But he had no right to pivot away so easily, if not for the inexperienced (at defending) Fred rotating himself off to the side, instead of keeping himself firmly between Alli and the goal.

There's nothing Maguire can do about it, he cannot be expected to desert his position in front of goal and Kane to guard against the possibility of other players not doing their job. His mistake was giving a hasty pass to McT who was under pressure in the middle of the park and had no chance in hell of keeping it, that eventually led to the goal. And not to mention the 3 United players who allowed Son to canter all the way to the 6-yard box.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they have to be exclusive? Nope but looking at the way we're playing, it seems like so.

Is it not the manager's job to set the team up taking into consideration our strengths and the opposition style, and the players to exhibit some on-pitch intelligence to understand the intentions and the opposition players as they go along? Exactly, but he's not doing a very good job at this.. the players too.

My replies in Blue.

We aren't the only one playing counter-attacking style.. others can do it while still garnering more points from supposedly weaker opponents. The way I see it the players aren't motivated to play for the manager or the club on a consistent basis.. mostly only when it's a big game, then they will turn up.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My replies in Blue.

We aren't the only one playing counter-attacking style.. others can do it while still garnering more points from supposedly weaker opponents. The way I see it the players aren't motivated to play for the manager or the club on a consistent basis.. mostly only when it's a big game, then they will turn up.

no more hairdryer..

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Like this spur is god liao. Just pass to Dele can liao. Dele... fifa player of the yr, not messy liao.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u watch e game?

Nope. Too early to watch. Lol.
But out of 15 times you perform well one or twice i will attribute it to luck ba. "On form" or Opponent "off form" like liverpool?

Or okay lets call it lack of consistency.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there. glad someone also saw the bad defending that lead to "The situation that is hard to defend for any defenders."
His mistake was giving a hasty pass to McT who was under pressure in the middle of the park and had no chance in hell of keeping it, that eventually led to the goal. And not to mention the 3 United players who allowed Son to canter all the way to the 6-yard box.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn’t expect Jose to lose his first match so quickly. I have also never seen Spurs this poor under Poch. Harry Kane didn’t have a kick all game and Chris Smalling wasn’t even there

Fred was brilliant. I hope this is the season to kick start his career here and throw his critics back at the idiots who put him down. If you also didn’t watch the game, don’t bloody say it’s luck that the team won it. The team played really well

Ole 1 Jose 0

I also read we have won only five games this season. WTF? That is really abysmal

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn’t expect Jose to lose his first match so quickly. I have also never seen Spurs this poor under Poch. Harry Kane didn’t have a kick all game and Chris Smalling wasn’t even there

Fred was brilliant. I hope this is the season to kick start his career here and throw his critics back at the idiots who put him down. If you also didn’t watch the game, don’t bloody say it’s luck that the team won it. The team played really well

Ole 1 Jose 0

I also read we have won only five games this season. WTF? That is really abysmal

I don't deny we played well, much better against Spurs. It wasn't luck. The desire was there for everyone to see. But the better we play against top/better teams, to me the more obvious showing that players couldn't care less about weaker teams.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it was a great first touch. But he had no right to pivot away so easily, if not for the inexperienced (at defending) Fred rotating himself off to the side, instead of keeping himself firmly between Alli and the goal.

There's nothing Maguire can do about it, he cannot be expected to desert his position in front of goal and Kane to guard against the possibility of other players not doing their job. His mistake was giving a hasty pass to McT who was under pressure in the middle of the park and had no chance in hell of keeping it, that eventually led to the goal. And not to mention the 3 United players who allowed Son to canter all the way to the 6-yard box.

They totally didn't expect him to make the move

Which is reasonable consider the weight on the ball..

It's really a insane first touch

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this and Pereira should be used sparingly now

This AP15 blow hot & cold one. 1 match play decent, next few games like trash :s13: regardless of who's playing beside/around him.

But we all can see Fred performance improve when there's another stronger more reliable player (like MCT39) beside him to take that defensive/block passing lane mantle. If you pair him with AP15, both unsure & unstable.

In my opinion, Fred got a slightly better chance of having a future in United than AP15. When he's playing well, his forward passes is very incisive & full of vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.