Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
that everton goal.. i was like. WAH can push keeper away one ah? surprised it stood.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great goal by the kid again and we just ran out of time at the end. We couldn't get the goal."

"You can't control the result. We dominated, we had 20-odd shots and we conceded from a set piece and they are probably one of the best teams in the league set piece wise. You can always concede a goal against a team like this. I feel we deserved more.
"

Ran out of time at the end?! Dafug. Utd concede before half time leh... 🙄

One of the best teams in the league set piece wise, huh??

Is this David Moyes talking?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The inability to motivate themselves to rise up to each and every game.. is damn disgusting.

We played so much better against Spurs and City.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
not sure if it's down to motivation or the simple fact that there is just no space to play with pace and our inability to have the creativity to break these teams down.

we don't even have enough options for creativity with Pog sidelined.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pundits on Astro nailed it - our defence setup is really really poor. A central defender standing the way he did at the position he was at, is just shocking. Can't react to the failed punch by DavidDG, or in another scenario if he had stood like that, he wouldn't be able to get any leverage on his jump if he needed to compete with an opposition player running to meet the ball. Had he stood with his back to goal, it might have bounced away rather than into the goal.
But yes, I wonder why it was awarded. Whenever we challenged opposition goalkeepers it was always a foul the moment there's body contact and if our player was jumping with some lateral distance.
On the plus side, we seem to have a first choice midfield pairing of ScottM and Fred. Them 2 have got a good partnership going in terms of midfield coverage and knowing when to move up and down alternately.
MasonG saved a point for us, but MarcusR and AnthonyM were quite a way off expectations.
To be honest, I'm already mentally prepared to receive and ignore all the gloating and celebrations and sarcasm, maybe even pity, come May. But hopefully we'll have some of our own REAL tangible improvements in terms of points and position to be able to talk about.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
motivation? no.
we just lack ideas to break down teams that give us the ball
The inability to motivate themselves to rise up to each and every game.. is damn disgusting.

We played so much better against Spurs and City.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
until now, whenever we are on the back foot, i still see our defenders getting drawn deeper den necessary and breaking the offside trap the others are maintaining...
u will see them calling for offside den suddenly realize 'oh shiat my teammate played him on'
The pundits on Astro nailed it - our defence setup is really really poor.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
motivation? no.
we just lack ideas to break down teams that give us the ball

wonder if it'll be different if pogba has been playing in that lingard/perreira position.

crying out for a creative midfielder ..

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder if it'll be different if pogba has been playing in that lingard/perreira position.

crying out for a creative midfielder ..

I think pogba only good for his long balls...his short passes is cui

Erik would fit well or even that Japanese Dsilva.

But after watching last night game, u really wonder if Ole got plans B C D E bo, wtf subbing Mata at 85th min.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What a disappointment Martial is as a no.9. SIGH.

0 touches in the opposition penalty box. Greenwood has 1 more goal than him already this season.

Sad state...

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
until now, whenever we are on the back foot, i still see our defenders getting drawn deeper den necessary and breaking the offside trap the others are maintaining...
u will see them calling for offside den suddenly realize 'oh shiat my teammate played him on'

If you can see the issue, why a manager like Ole can't?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Anthony and Marcus can carry our attacking threat,"

"If not, we would have signed someone else or kept someone else.

"We believe in them. we trust them

"they have shown me they are ready for that.

0 touches in the opposition penalty box. Greenwood has 1 more goal than him already this season.

Sad state...

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sad state...

the trouble was lingard was so trash. he had to drop deep to actually link-up and do lingard's job ....

he was poor but his hold up play was decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.