Newcastle United (St. James' Park) - Toontalk - Part 2

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
good goals. It shows there are Championship players who can do well in the Premier league. Best, to be frank has been out with injury for so long and as he mentioned to Pardew since knocking on his doors for 2 weeks, he hasn't got an opportunity. He shows it. His finishing was classic and good and his touches is better than Ameobi for sure.

I also feel Lovendrank works intelligently well as a second striker and our play has become so much more creative with him around the big guy. (rather than the 1 pump direct ball at Carrol) He creates chances and do the poaching. And he cost so much less than M.Owen.

I always feel Lovendrank did not get a chance with CH in the Premier league and the last 2 matches that we won, we created so many chances up front. He had a hand in almost all the goals we score so far. Even Amoebi goal against Wigan, he had a important hand in all. He also works hard to close the defenders down.

Last season at the Championship, he score as much as Carrol. So i think as long as he works hard, we have a chance to win. Esp if he pairs up with Carrol.

Overall it was a pleasant surprise 5-0. i didn't expect the scoreline.
Under Pardew, we are playing very positive football. May it continues.

i was viewing the fireantz link, the commentators are mentioning that west ham players are not defending well and are probably tired.

i am not sure how u view of pardew but while i am giving him credits for winning the supposed-to-win games, we still lost to man city and tottenham.

hopefully what u say is true, lovenkrands is really that good.

if not, we are going to sink once the jan window closes and best n lovenkrands go back to the slump they had been in.

Jordi88

Reaction score
i was viewing the fireantz link, the commentators are mentioning that west ham players are not defending well and are probably tired.

i am not sure how u view of pardew but while i am giving him credits for winning the supposed-to-win games, we still lost to man city and tottenham.

if not, we are going to sink once the jan window closes and best n lovenkrands go back to the slump they had been in.

it depends on your expectations. Your expectations are always very incredibly high . You want a Ronaldo quality then can be consider good? He cost >60 mil. How much Lovendrank costs? $0. If you want twice/3 times a player as good as him, then one may have to pay 27 million pounds like what Man City pay for Dzeko or Balotelli in the current market. Best cost 1.2 mil. Lovendrank cost 0. If they can get us a win and 4 goals against lower opposition, i am happy and its money well spend.

Up til now, i have watch all Newcastle matches for CH and Pardew.
For Pardew's 2 losses against City and Spurs. there are reasons behind it. Perch, Tevez, Krul, Bale, etc. The approach to the match was good. We tried to match them and try to play football.
Bear in mind, how much these 2 clubs have been spending hundreds of millions these few seasons in the Premier league, so to lose to them is no embarassment. To win them is a satisfaction.

I have dones some reading on Pardew(history and his prev Westham days) and the result i have gathered have been positive. Alan's a football guy who like to plays positive type of football. He has mentioned they they go out to win matches, something he feels newcastle is entitled to.

His man-management is ok, he seems to get some respect from the seniors and they listen to him. But he was supposely in the past a brash guy who has no qualms of talking rash the last time round and it seems he has learnt from that. And i believe the words he said to Best before that( "you have 0 assist, 0 goals, why would i still keep you") prompt Best to muster his best for this match. I also feel he has been very football clever so far. I am happy to see mike williamson again, lovendrank, smith, roulegte, shane ferguson and even best given a run out. Whether its due to injuries to others or what. I think it gives the team a big boost to know they have a chance.

Up till now, i am still satisfied with the way we are going. I feel the approach of the team to every match have been spot on. Team spirit is still high. I dunno about Jan window. I dun worry too much on the unknown and nowadays ,even if we lose, (and we will lose again) i normally just strug it off and look ahead.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I think it's a little too much to expect to beat Man City and Tottenham, when they are a top-5 side after all and that Newcastle just came back from the Championship. :o

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
it depends on your expectations. Your expectations are always very incredibly high . You want a Ronaldo quality then can be consider good? He cost >60 mil. How much Lovendrank costs? $0. If you want twice/3 times a player as good as him, then one may have to pay 27 million pounds like what Man City pay for Dzeko or Balotelli in the current market. Best cost 1.2 mil. Lovendrank cost 0. If they can get us a win and 4 goals against lower opposition, i am happy and its money well spend.

Up til now, i have watch all Newcastle matches for CH and Pardew.
For Pardew's 2 losses against City and Spurs. there are reasons behind it. Perch, Tevez, Krul, Bale, etc. The approach to the match was good. We tried to match them and try to play football.
Bear in mind, how much these 2 clubs have been spending hundreds of millions these few seasons in the Premier league, so to lose to them is no embarassment. To win them is a satisfaction.

I have dones some reading on Pardew(history and his prev Westham days) and the result i have gathered have been positive. Alan's a football guy who like to plays positive type of football. He has mentioned they they go out to win matches, something he feels newcastle is entitled to.

His man-management is ok, he seems to get some respect from the seniors and they listen to him. But he was supposely in the past a brash guy who has no qualms of talking rash the last time round and it seems he has learnt from that. And i believe the words he said to Best before that( "you have 0 assist, 0 goals, why would i still keep you") prompt Best to muster his best for this match. I also feel he has been very football clever so far. I am happy to see mike williamson again, lovendrank, smith, roulegte, shane ferguson and even best given a run out. Whether its due to injuries to others or what. I think it gives the team a big boost to know they have a chance.

Up till now, i am still satisfied with the way we are going. I feel the approach of the team to every match have been spot on. Team spirit is still high. I dunno about Jan window. I dun worry too much on the unknown and nowadays ,even if we lose, (and we will lose again) i normally just strug it off and look ahead.

U are very positive of Pardew, I hope you are right.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either Leon Best is a hidden gem that needs some polishing and a chance or west ham were really so bad. but ok lah credit should be given when its due and 5-0 is still a good results and 0 yellow cards is a bonus. :D

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
This shows we have quality but lack consistency - same old story.
To be fair, West Ham's defense was horrible

Last edited:

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it's a little too much to expect to beat Man City and Tottenham, when they are a top-5 side after all and that Newcastle just came back from the Championship. :o

And we still managed to beat the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool :)

Jordi88

Reaction score
i wiko Alan Pardew's 2006 West Ham team and this is what i found.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_West_Ham_United_F.C._season

i think his career at West Ham start to veer off after the FA Cup final against Liverpool when Gerald score in the last min to get the match to extra time where west ham lost.

Look at the members of West Ham that year. Most of them are still playing regularly in the Premier League and were plucked from lower leagues.

Konchesky, Anton Ferdinand, Yossi Benayon, Nigel De Coker, Bobby Zamora, Marlon Harewood, Mathew Etherington. Even the retired Dean Aston.

This shows his records of spotting and buying players seems not bad.

Of cos, this is in the past. But at least its some form of encouragement that hes not really out of depth in the Newcastle job.

KeyboardWarrior

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally, 1 thing I like about Pardew is that he utilises his subs. Gives bench players a run out, something that Hughton never does. Maybe Hughton was too afraid of the sack but it wasn't helping the squad at all. Bit part players never played thus when called upon, could not perform and we cannot blame them as the manager had failed to instil any confidence in them.

So far, Pardew has done a positive job and hopefully this good run of beating lower ranked teams and putting up good fights against the top 5/6 continues. :s12:

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope.

i just look more on the positive side than you.:s13:

Jordi88 I agree with your comments on CH and Pardew. Great finding on Pardew's too! We have said goodbye to a good manager CH and we had a new manager - Alan Pardew who I think can bring us forward.

Now on this morning game - wow big win. Yes, West Ham defend were awful but we created and takes our chances well. Leon Best 3rd goal was coolly done - one on one w goalie. Even Carrol might miss that. Hope he carry on w his good work. But Ranger miss could be the biggest miss in this season. He should at least hit the target from that kind of range. Loverkrand is like D Kuyte to Liverpool. He is a workhorse, draws defenders out, pass on to teammate to shoot and not hesitate to shoot on sight. I say we sld play him with Carrol when Carrol is back. Finally Barton is really the key man for toon. If his reported wage is 65k a week, I think he is worth every penny. His crosses are comparable to David Beckerm.

So max pts on 2 winable games...Hohoho...

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
Jordi88 I agree with your comments on CH and Pardew. Great finding on Pardew's too! We have said goodbye to a good manager CH and we had a new manager - Alan Pardew who I think can bring us forward.

Now on this morning game - wow big win. Yes, West Ham defend were awful but we created and takes our chances well. Leon Best 3rd goal was coolly done - one on one w goalie. Even Carrol might miss that. Hope he carry on w his good work. But Ranger miss could be the biggest miss in this season. He should at least hit the target from that kind of range. Loverkrand is like D Kuyte to Liverpool. He is a workhorse, draws defenders out, pass on to teammate to shoot and not hesitate to shoot on sight. I say we sld play him with Carrol when Carrol is back. Finally Barton is really the key man for toon. If his reported wage is 65k a week, I think he is worth every penny. His crosses are comparable to David Beckerm.

So max pts on 2 winable games...Hohoho...

on barton's point, probably. Corners even. But Free-kicks? He really drive fear into the opposition's man-wall literally in the form of the soccer ball.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
And we still managed to beat the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool :)

Yes, giving a good fight against the top-5 doesn't mean winning every single game against every of the top-5, otherwise Newcastle will be league champions! :)

KeyboardWarrior

Master Member
Reaction score
even with all these big wins, we must remember that we just came back up from a lower division. the main aim for this season is still to avoid relegation so let's not raise expectations too high(europe maybe next season :D)

ryonee

Master Member
Reaction score
on barton's point, probably. Corners even. But Free-kicks? He really drive fear into the opposition's man-wall literally in the form of the soccer ball.

:s13: lol confirm hit the wall one... but okay la... when he tries to float it to carroll to head then not so bad....

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
:s13: lol confirm hit the wall one... but okay la... when he tries to float it to carroll to head then not so bad....

W/o Barton assist, Carrol would not be the top scorer (11 goals) and we would be in relegation zone. However his direct free kick at goal still need more practise thou. Currently Barton has the highest assist with 5 assists and 2 goals. Jonas only 1 assist..:)

Yang Xiaodong

Reaction score
just watched the highlights. wow 5-0! this is why i love been a newcastle supporter.

cant believe ranger can miss that easy goal!

pardew is currently doing a great job, 3 wins 2 loss.

hope he sign bently asap.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.