10 jan - 9 feb europe trip

tyongchi

Reaction score
Jan period in Eu is rather sleepy. It's cold and snows. Very cumbersome/ And the day is very short. Dark by 5 pm and feels like late evening by 3pm. So probably one place per day at the maximum.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jan period in Eu is rather sleepy. It's cold and snows. Very cumbersome/ And the day is very short. Dark by 5 pm and feels like late evening by 3pm. So probably one place per day at the maximum.

this is critical. unlike in summer when daylight is really really long. you not gonna have much daylight to do what you want unless you are ok with doing things when its dark. :)

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 more qn lol, abit stupid, but will my passport get chop anot ah? I was hopping to get all the chops

12jan-15jan-Edinburgh
15-21 jan-London
21-24jan-Amsterdam
24jan-28Jan- Belgium (2Day 1 Night Bruges)
28Jan-1Feb-Paris( Trip to Versailles)
1feb-5Feb- Munich
5Feb-9Feb- Zurich

based on this.
chop in Edinburgh when arrival. chop when leaving London. chop when arrival in Amsterdam. chop when depart Zurich.

Thats all.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
based on this.
chop in Edinburgh when arrival. chop when leaving London. chop when arrival in Amsterdam. chop when depart Zurich.

Thats all.

buay pai buay pai lol

this is critical. unlike in summer when daylight is really really long. you not gonna have much daylight to do what you want unless you are ok with doing things when its dark. :)

then night time gt anything do ? i dun mind going out in dark

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For London, any recommended district/territory to stay ? stonehenge hua anot? go there is rocks lol

Last edited:

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buay pai buay pai lol

then night time gt anything do ? i dun mind going out in dark

i'm sure there is. what exactly, you probably can Google.
was there in the summer and the sky only starts to turn dark from 930 onwards.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OOooo ok, the cheapest train ticket is only from rail europe hor? is there any webby ?

is soo weird to see train tix more ex than air tix. is that normal? what the advantage over the other ?

Last edited:

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Airports in some cities are far from city centre. Cheap tickets but need to consider traveling to the airport and if you are talking about budget airlines, adding on baggage allowance costs quite abit.

Train station can usually be found in/near city centre.

Sent from GAGT Android App

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention frequency as well. Need to compare the frequency of flights and train. Ultimately you need to look at all these then plan and see whether it works for you.

Sent from GAGT Android App

handsomecat

Reaction score
OOooo ok, the cheapest train ticket is only from rail europe hor? is there any webby ?

is soo weird to see train tix more ex than air tix. is that normal? what the advantage over the other ?

I have earlier posted the national rail websites for you, and most of them got English version. Suggest that you check there first and then compare with rail Europe. A few years ago, I found that directly buying from bahn.de was cheaper. Found out that raileurope is a subsidiary of French railways, so they are like the middleman when selling other countries' rail tickets. might as well buy direct.

For cheapest rail fares, you have to do two things: (1) book in advance (2) travel at off-peak times. Applies to all countries in your plan except domestic Belgian and Netherlands rail, where the fares are all fixed price.

Last edited:

handsomecat

Reaction score
And hor london to amsterdam hor fligt is only 70 sgd hua anot

like previous posters said, flight may be cheap but you have to account for travelling time to/fro the airport and the associated costs. Also, the check in time etc etc ...

London has five airports, only Heathrow and London City are connected to the Tube, Luton, Stansted and Gatwick require you to use a mainline train.

That's why I asked you to consider the ferry, the price of ticket covers the train from London to the ferry port, the ferry itself, then the train in the Netherlands to your destination.

Hotels in Amsterdam are expensive, I found that if you stay in places like Rotterdam or any other town near Amsterdam, can be cheaper.

Even better, if you take the overnight ferry, your accommodation for that night is sorted out. The cabin, though small and certainly not five star, is comfortable. The ferry is like a floating hotel.

Last edited:

handsomecat

Reaction score
oh yeah, the netherlands is great for cycling around, the cities and towns have dedicated cycling tracks, you can rent bikes!

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, the netherlands is great for cycling around, the cities and towns have dedicated cycling tracks, you can rent bikes!

lol was planning that as well, do a cafe tour

like previous posters said, flight may be cheap but you have to account for travelling time to/fro the airport and the associated costs. Also, the check in time etc etc ...

London has five airports, only Heathrow and London City are connected to the Tube, Luton, Stansted and Gatwick require you to use a mainline train.

That's why I asked you to consider the ferry, the price of ticket covers the train from London to the ferry port, the ferry itself, then the train in the Netherlands to your destination.

Hotels in Amsterdam are expensive, I found that if you stay in places like Rotterdam or any other town near Amsterdam, can be cheaper.

Even better, if you take the overnight ferry, your accommodation for that night is sorted out. The cabin, though small and certainly not five star, is comfortable. The ferry is like a floating hotel.

I saw the ferry website, it looks like a cruise wor, but hor the problem is from i put liverpool street, but they no put alight at amsterdam leh

handsomecat

Reaction score
To: Any Dutch Station.

will have you covered for Amsterdam.

You just need to check what trains you need on Home | NS.

Rotterdam is the nearest big city to the ferry port. One reason to stop by there is to visit the windmill village called Kinderdijk.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To: Any Dutch Station.

will have you covered for Amsterdam.

You just need to check what trains you need on Home | NS.

Rotterdam is the nearest big city to the ferry port. One reason to stop by there is to visit the windmill village called Kinderdijk.

ehh sry abit confusing, soo i from the ferry they will have a connecting train to amsterdam? or i need to find my own train from Hook of Holland to amsterdam?

handsomecat

Reaction score
ehh sry abit confusing, soo i from the ferry they will have a connecting train to amsterdam? or i need to find my own train from Hook of Holland to amsterdam?

from the ferry terminal at hook of holland, you catch a dutch railways train to Schiedam, where you can catch a connecting train to Amsterdam. at hook of holland, the station is immediately outside the ferry terminal. you wont miss it. your dutch flyer ticket is valid for this journey, keep it to show the conductor.

to be safe, check the schedules here at Home | NS.

LONDON to AMSTERDAM by train & ferry or Eurostar | From £45

handsomecat

Reaction score
based on this.

Thats all.

one small detail, the british don't do exit chop :s13: so no chop when leaving London. You get chop at Hook of Holland if you choose the ferry.

suppose you choose Eurostar at St Pancras, then after check in, no chop by Britain, but then France has their immigration straight after that, so you get French entry chop while still on British soil :p

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one small detail, the british don't do exit chop :s13: so no chop when leaving London. You get chop at Hook of Holland if you choose the ferry.

suppose you choose Eurostar at St Pancras, then after check in, no chop by Britain, but then France has their immigration straight after that, so you get French entry chop while still on British soil :p

opps didn't know that. i went into london through paris and got a chop on both side so i thot it was going to work the same the other way. :s13:

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from the ferry terminal at hook of holland, you catch a dutch railways train to Schiedam, where you can catch a connecting train to Amsterdam. at hook of holland, the station is immediately outside the ferry terminal. you wont miss it. your dutch flyer ticket is valid for this journey, keep it to show the conductor.

to be safe, check the schedules here at Home | NS.

LONDON to AMSTERDAM by train & ferry or Eurostar | From £45

Give up on the chop liao saw my friend de, the chop so boring 1 rectangle only doff country diff letter.

The ferry tix price will include train to amsterdam hor, the ferry seems really gt plus fd and room 200per pax nia

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scotland 7 days, 4 days in glasgow, 3 days in edinburgh doable ma ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.