21 days in Italy and Swiss

LightBuzz

Reaction score
Hi we will be going during winter in Feb 18 . 4 adult (1 of them cannot walk too long due to leg pain so might bring wheel chair) and a 3 year boy.

I do not like to rent a car to drive in Europe due to their right hand drive which are different from us, ( I did drive during my trip to Spain and Portugal and getting use are important) however, in consider of all the factor on top, I don't know if driving will be better option.

Is it easy to accessible around the place of interest in both country? we plan to visit Rome, Milan, Vatican City, Venice etc in Italy follow by Swiss which we will departure back to Singapore. Is it easy and to travel by their train with a wheel chair, is it wheel chair friendly country?

wanderlex

Reaction score
I would think that the streets of Milan will be more wheelchair friendly than Rome, Vatican City and Venice. As the roads of the 3 are mostly cobbled streets (some are narrow) so may not be comfortable for the person on wheelchair. Switzerland, in general, should be ok.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
switzerland has gd transportation for handicapped. i had seen many wheelchair bounded native swiss commuting.

any 2nd opinion? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.