HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

5 Days in Switzerland --- Sharing our Itinerary, Tips and Experiences!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #121
Supremacy Member

if travelling from milan into zermatt by train, where to buy the swiss season pass?
Rxgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #122
Supremacy Member

having just came back from switzerland, the highlight of my trip easily is Kleine Matterhorn.

Jungfraujoch cannot match the experience.

The view at Kleine Matterhorn is just so amazing.

For my stay in Switzerland, my bases are Luzern (4 nights), Wengen (4 nights), Zermatt (4 nights) and Geneva (2 nights).
The view of Zermatt nestled in the valley on the way down on the cable car (Matterhorn Glacier Paradise) struck me the most. Which other mountains did you visit?

if travelling from milan into zermatt by train, where to buy the swiss season pass?
What season pass?
Ark Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:25 PM   #123
High Supremacy Member

having just came back from switzerland, the highlight of my trip easily is Kleine Matterhorn.

Jungfraujoch cannot match the experience.

The view at Kleine Matterhorn is just so amazing.

For my stay in Switzerland, my bases are Luzern (4 nights), Wengen (4 nights), Zermatt (4 nights) and Geneva (2 nights).
wow even for winter? how long was e daytime?
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #124
Master Member

The view of Zermatt nestled in the valley on the way down on the cable car (Matterhorn Glacier Paradise) struck me the most. Which other mountains did you visit?

What season pass?
Luzern
Rigi, Titlis,

Wengen
Schilthorn, Jungraujoch, Grindelwald,

Zermatt
Gornegrat, Mattehorn
manics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:44 PM   #125
Master Member

wow even for winter? how long was e daytime?
Start once the cable car starts operating. i think around 8-9am opens.

Note that Mattehorn cable car station will close dependent on the weather, so element of luck to view this majestic mountain is required.
manics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #126

Stoos may be less quiet next summer with the opening of their new funicular: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42384814

Pilatus may quieten down abit as it will no longer be free with the Swiss Travel Pass. Stanserhorn and Schilthorn, which were pretty okay this year, would probably get Pilatus/Titlis-level crowded with the former 2 now being free in 2018 with the STP.

As for cost of living, to our converted currency it doesn't make sense, but to them it's a norm, considering common jobs out there pay upwards of CHF20/hr

CHF1 chocolate bars and CHF5 Coop/Migros jumbo size paprika chips and free Evian water kept me full during the days there
I was among the first to take the funicular! It was on a weekday during December. Only myself and another 2 female skiers. Amazing stuff.
nbsswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:28 PM   #127
Supremacy Member

I was among the first to take the funicular! It was on a weekday during December. Only myself and another 2 female skiers. Amazing stuff.
Guess I have to add Stoos to my to-experience list in addition to my list of "weather was sh*t so didn't see sh*t" of Gelmerbahn, Niesen and Oeschinensee

You're a skier as well or just went up to ssll?
Old 23-01-2018, 03:05 PM   #128

Hi, planning a trip to Switzerland in May this year for 9D and would like to have comments from the experts here for my itinerary after reading the posts and doing some research.

Day 1 - land Zurich 7am and straight to lucerne
Day 2-3 - Lucerne
Day 3 - Lucerne to Wengen in the afternoon
Day 4-5 - Wengen
Day 5 - Wengen to Zermatt in the late morning (understand it is a 3.5 hrs train ride?)
Day 6-7 - Zermatt
Day 7 - Zermatt to Zurich in late morning (understand it is a 3.5 hrs train ride?)
Day 8-9 - Zurich 6pm outbound flight on D9

Trying to cover a bit of everything in each place but afraid it may be too rush. Thinking of taking out Zermatt and replace with Bern / Geneva for D6-7. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!
ricothp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #129

Anyone been there during May .
Specifically, will the weather be ok for May @ Wengen?

Heard many place will be close
Hitokirii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #130
Supremacy Member

Trying to cover a bit of everything in each place but afraid it may be too rush. Thinking of taking out Zermatt and replace with Bern / Geneva for D6-7. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!
What is your main objective? Town exploration, museums, dining, alpine sightseeing etc.?
Old 22-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #131
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Going on xmas eve this year for 1 week before catching train to italy-france the to norway for the remaining 14 days.

Want to visit interlaken for sure... but not sure where else is worth visiting? Mainly sight seeing.
d3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.