HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

5D/4N London Itinerary Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
Master Member

5D/4N London Itinerary Help

Hi guys, I have actually plan my itinerary as such, please do kindly advise if theres anything wrong or more advices much appreciated, thanks.

ITINERARY IN LONDON 26/04-30/04

Day 1 26/04 (Thursday)
Reach Heathrow(T5)from Hannover estimate 1200hrs , take train to T2 or T3 for heathrow Connect and then to Paddington Train Station. Should be able to check in Park Grand Lancaster by 2-3pm.

1. Gold Mine/Mickey's Fish and Chips for Lunch (provided we have eaten at Hannover Airport den skip)
2. Walking (Oxford Street, Soho , Covent Garden , Picadilly Circus , Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Dinner at Chinatown)
3. Strolling around and back to Hotel

Day 2 27/04(Friday)
1. Take Tube from Lancaster Gate to St Pauls
2. Visit St Pauls Cathedral
3. London Bridge
4. Sky Garden
5. Tower of London
6. Tower Bridge
7. The Shard
8. Borough Market
Slowly walk back along the River Thames till we saw Big Ben and London Eye, Either slowly walk back to hotel or take tube from St James to Bayswater and go back hotel

Day 3 28/04(Saturday)
1. Whole day tour (StoneHenge, Windsor, Bath)
2. What to do after that ?

Day 4 29/04(Sunday)
1. Buckingham Palace and Change of Guards (Follow London Walk or any better recommendations ?)
2. St James Park
3. Churnchill War Room
4. Palace of WestMinster
5. Either Head to Camden Town or Watch a Musical

Day 5 30/04(Monday) Checkout Day
1. Kensington Palace
2. Hyde Park
3. Gold Mine

1400-1430hrs to take Heathrow Connect to Heathrow Airport for 1730hrs flight.

Last edited by Kevin10; 26-02-2018 at 02:51 PM..
Kevin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #2

Hi guys, I have actually plan my itinerary as such, please do kindly advise if theres anything wrong or more advices much appreciated, thanks.

ITINERARY IN LONDON 26/04-30/04

Day 1 26/04 (Thursday)
Reach Heathrow(T5)from Hannover estimate 1200hrs , take train to T2 or T3 for heathrow Connect and then to Paddington Train Station. Should be able to check in Park Grand Lancaster by 2-3pm.

1. Gold Mine/Mickey's Fish and Chips for Lunch (provided we have eaten at Hannover Airport den skip)
2. Walking (Oxford Street, Soho , Covent Garden , Picadilly Circus , Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Dinner at Chinatown)
3. Strolling around and back to Hotel

Day 2 27/04(Friday)
1. Take Tube from Lancaster Gate to St Pauls
2. Visit St Pauls Cathedral
3. London Bridge
4. Tower of London
5. Tower Bridge
6. The Shard
7. Borough Market
Slowly walk back along the River Thames till we saw Big Ben and London Eye, Either slowly walk back to hotel or take tube from St James to Bayswater and go back hotel

Day 3 28/04(Saturday)
1. Whole day tour (StoneHenge, Windsor, Bath)
2. What to do after that ?

Day 4 29/04(Sunday)
1. Buckingham Palace and Change of Guards (Follow London Walk or any better recommendations ?)
2. St James Park
3. Churnchill War Room
4. Palace of WestMinster
5. Either Head to Camden Town or Watch a Musical

Day 5 30/04(Monday) Checkout Day
1. Kensington Palace
2. Hyde Park
3. Gold Mine

1400-1430hrs to take Heathrow Connect to Heathrow Airport for 1730hrs flight.
Try to schedule your stonehenge tour to a weekday where you can visit the london market. Do note that change of guard is not a daily affair, do check their web for update, same goes for the market.

- Not going to the imperial war museum, british museum, natural history museum?
- Book in advance (FOC) for 360 view of london https://skygarden.london/
- Hype park is a big park, if can ride a bicycle, do rent one and trust me you will have lots of fun in doing that
- Staying in Bayswater, lancaster, queensway? From oxford street take bus 94, it stop at any bus stop along the hype park.
Old 26-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Master Member

Try to schedule your stonehenge tour to a weekday where you can visit the london market. Do note that change of guard is not a daily affair, do check their web for update, same goes for the market.

- Not going to the imperial war museum, british museum, natural history museum?
- Book in advance (FOC) for 360 view of london https://skygarden.london/
- Hype park is a big park, if can ride a bicycle, do rent one and trust me you will have lots of fun in doing that
- Staying in Bayswater, lancaster, queensway? From oxford street take bus 94, it stop at any bus stop along the hype park.
Thanks bro with your kind advices..

Try to schedule your stonehenge tour to a weekday where you can visit the london market. Do note that change of guard is not a daily affair, do check their web for update, same goes for the market. --- London Market is at ?? I have checked , till now dates are not confirmed for April for changing of guards, but it seems like Every Sunday should have 1, thus I planned it on a Sunday.

- Not going to the imperial war museum, british museum, natural history museum? -- Not really interest in museum though for both me and my wife, thus never plan. But might dropby to have a look if we happen to pass by.

- Book in advance (FOC) for 360 view of london https://skygarden.london/ --- FOC ? Nice ! Will take note of that. thanks.

- Hype park is a big park, if can ride a bicycle, do rent one and trust me you will have lots of fun in doing that -- Noted with thanks. Will definitely do that if able to find the rentals.

--- Staying at Lancaster , my hotel name: Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

Old 26-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #4

Market as in Camden, borough and brick lane market. Their museum is one of a kind, not to be missed especially the natural history and british museum (youtube for more info), nearby the sky garden will be the st paul cathedral where prince william got married and in front of the cathedral is the millennium bridge.

Most of the sightseeing place are nearby to each other, I ever try from tower bridge to big ben.

For chinese food wise, I recommend Four Season too on top of Gold Mine, their roast duck i feel that is much nicer than gold mine but do take note their a bowl of white rice cost alot, if i remember is about 2pound

What you and your wife are more interested in where we can provide you with more infos?
Old 26-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
Master Member

Market as in Camden, borough and brick lane market. Their museum is one of a kind, not to be missed especially the natural history and british museum (youtube for more info), nearby the sky garden will be the st paul cathedral where prince william got married and in front of the cathedral is the millennium bridge.

Most of the sightseeing place are nearby to each other, I ever try from tower bridge to big ben.

For chinese food wise, I recommend Four Season too on top of Gold Mine, their roast duck i feel that is much nicer than gold mine but do take note their a bowl of white rice cost alot, if i remember is about 2pound

What you and your wife are more interested in where we can provide you with more infos?
Many thanks bro for your kind advice. As this is my first time me and my wife heading to London and is quite a short stay, thus I am trying to plan as much as possible.

We are more to sightseeing, thus I try to plan to cover as much as possible within this few days. Luckily both of us are walkers, so to walk and walk shouldnt be a problem.

Will try to cover Camden and Borough Market if time permits , Brick Lane is at spitalfied ?

I have added Skygarden to my Day 2 Itinerary tgt with St Paul, really thanks for your intro of Sky Garden. haha

Last edited by Kevin10; 26-02-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Old 26-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #6

I think 5D4N for london is quite long. maybe u can consider taking road trip. I went to Cotswolds. A very beautiful small town. I also went to oxford for sightseeing.
sleepyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #7

If the stonehenge, windsor and bath tour is the same tour that I've been on, you will most probably arrive back in london night time. You can head over to old london side and join some jack the ripper tour if you like.

The tour of bath is too short to give the town justice as I went to bath by train the day before my tour and enjoyed the city! Went had the time to head to jane asuten museum which is amazing if you are a fan.
Avizoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #8
Master Member

I think 5D4N for london is quite long. maybe u can consider taking road trip. I went to Cotswolds. A very beautiful small town. I also went to oxford for sightseeing.
Wah.. I still think not enough. LOLZ. I actually still wanted to catch a live EPL game on sat but not enough time..

If the stonehenge, windsor and bath tour is the same tour that I've been on, you will most probably arrive back in london night time. You can head over to old london side and join some jack the ripper tour if you like.

The tour of bath is too short to give the town justice as I went to bath by train the day before my tour and enjoyed the city! Went had the time to head to jane asuten museum which is amazing if you are a fan.
U went the tour from Viator or Evans Evans ? I still thinking to choose which if confirmed.
Old 27-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #9
Honorary Member

Go to less visited places like Shoreditch.
Beta_Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #10
Master Member

Go to less visited places like Shoreditch.
Thanks bro.. Will try next time when I go again.
Till now I have only been to Liverpool once..
Old 28-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #11
Master Member

Btw.. any recommendations on how to use the 2-4-1 offers ?
Can I buy like (2way queenstown road to vauxhall) at Paddington station so that I can make use of the 2-4-1 offers ? Thanks

Cos after some calculation, I dont think is worth it for me to buy London Pass

Last edited by Kevin10; 28-02-2018 at 09:38 AM..
Old 01-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #12

Wah.. I still think not enough. LOLZ. I actually still wanted to catch a live EPL game on sat but not enough time..

U went the tour from Viator or Evans Evans ? I still thinking to choose which if confirmed.
Try groupon.co.uk, sometime they do have great deals
Old 01-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #13

Btw.. any recommendations on how to use the 2-4-1 offers ?
Can I buy like (2way queenstown road to vauxhall) at Paddington station so that I can make use of the 2-4-1 offers ? Thanks

Cos after some calculation, I dont think is worth it for me to buy London Pass
https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london
Old 01-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #14
Master Member

Try groupon.co.uk, sometime they do have great deals
Thanks bro.. Saw from groupon, currently only having tours for 2 places instead of 3 , thus still considering.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #15

Thanks bro.. Saw from groupon, currently only having tours for 2 places instead of 3 , thus still considering.
To be true windsor castle is abit overrated, is much the same as any london castle, nothing much to see. If time is a concern, you might want to consider taking train to salisbury and from there take the stonehenge bus to stonehenge.

Salisbury is a nice country style small town, less crowded compare to windsor and bath
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.