HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Drive from Salzburg to Hallstatt and from Hallstatt to Vienna

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2020, 10:40 PM   #1

Drive from Salzburg to Hallstatt and from Hallstatt to Vienna

Hi,

I am planning a Central Europe trip which will include one day where I will drive from Salzburg to Hallstatt and and then the next day where I will drive from Hallstatt to Vienna.

I would like to ask what stops you recommend when driving from Salzburg to Hallstatt (considering that I will want to get to Hallstatt on the same day and do not want to stay overnight somewhere else)?

After having researched a bit, I would like to stop and see Wolfgangsee Lake and Bad Ischl.

Will that be enough for a day or is it possible to stop and see more places?

If it is possible to stop and see more places then which places do you recommend?

Similarly, I would like to ask what stops you recommend when driving from Hallstatt to Vienna (considering that I will want to get to Vienna on the same day and do not want to stay overnight somewhere else?

After having researched a bit, I plan to drive along the Traunsee and stop at Kloster Melk and some of this involves taking the Autobahn A1.

Will that be enough for a day or is it possible to stop and see more places?

If it is possible to stop and see more places then which places do you recommend?

Thanks
midnight999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

from Salzburg to Hallstatt
the usual eagle nest
Berchtesgaden Alps
Austria Sky Ladder
Gosauseen
Gosau

from Hallstatt to Vienna
the usual Lake Toplitz
Asia Spa Leoben
Rxgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.