France/Italy/switzerland package tour

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last time i took Emirates to Switzerland, it had one stop over and one transit... something to consider if u dont like an extended journey.

Was the stop over in colombo? Will you be informed of any stop overs when purchasing the tickets?

oddeye82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody went to Europe with either Chan Brothers or SA Tours? Any reviews cos I am choosing between these 2... Btw, is Interlaken and Dijon worth visiting? Cos SA got Interlaken but chan brothers dun have and chan brothers got Dijon but SA dun have...

silentscope

Reaction score
Hi all, i went to ASA yesterday to inquire about this Italy France and Switzerland trip. Was planning to go during Chinese new year period next year 2013, price was about 4.1k with tax.
However my friend told me that Dynasty travel is offering a somewhat better itinerary with a slightly more expensive price.

Therefore i did not sign with ASA, hope to open up my options to other travel agency..

Have anybody did any similar research on any travel agency and can recommend them to me? Thanks!!

oddeye82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i went to ASA yesterday to inquire about this Italy France and Switzerland trip. Was planning to go during Chinese new year period next year 2013, price was about 4.1k with tax.
However my friend told me that Dynasty travel is offering a somewhat better itinerary with a slightly more expensive price.

Therefore i did not sign with ASA, hope to open up my options to other travel agency..

Have anybody did any similar research on any travel agency and can recommend them to me? Thanks!!

The price for dynasty for a 14D trip is abt 4.8k... I did research for a 12D trip for the same 3 countries. In the end, I am left with SA tour and Chan Brothers. Emailed both of them and only Chan Brothers replied, so no prize for choosing which agency I signed up with in the end...

wideCDMA

Reaction score
I think its cheaper go via free and easy.... you have to add additional optional tour fee.. plus they dont go to jungfrau. also must pay daily tips to tour agent..

add up everything will be near to 6k.

for my case i did calculation about 10k for two person for 22 days with 1st class eurail.

naveen99

Banned
Reaction score

If you are referring to Dynasty's 15D12N Best of Paris . Switzerland, Italy tour, then it is almost the same itinerary as that offered by ASA but at a much higher cost. I have shortlisted ASA as my first choice for my planned trip in June 2013.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, stop over at Colombo and transit at Dubai airport. In total, u'll add a few hours to your journey. U should be advised when purchasing your tickets. Alternatively, there are direct flights from SQ but the difference is about an additional SGD500 per pax!

Was the stop over in colombo? Will you be informed of any stop overs when purchasing the tickets?

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, stop over at Colombo and transit at Dubai airport. In total, u'll add a few hours to your journey. U should be advised when purchasing your tickets. Alternatively, there are direct flights from SQ but the difference is about an additional SGD500 per pax!

Two stopovers (in my opinion); terrible for a flight to Europe. One stopover is bad enough, and the price shouldn't be that much more.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it makes a long journey even longer... it is significantly more expensive for a direct flight but thats the difference i was quoted between Emirates and SQ. That said, i would pay more for the direct flight... its really horrible for additional stop overs and transit.

Two stopovers (in my opinion); terrible for a flight to Europe. One stopover is bad enough, and the price shouldn't be that much more.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it makes a long journey even longer... it is significantly more expensive for a direct flight but thats the difference i was quoted between Emirates and SQ. That said, i would pay more for the direct flight... its really horrible for additional stop overs and transit.

I was referring to the middle road; two stopovers is a nightmare; direct is expensive; how about one stopover? Surely the travel agency would have such an option, as this is probably the most popular way to travel to Europe.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
U should check out the travel packages from Super Travels (there's an outlet at Central Clark Quay), they have quite a comprehensive Europe tour package, with some u dont even find from other travel agencies. If u are tight on a budget, u can consider those offered by Five Stars (not bad IMO).

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, u can have that option if u are travelling F&E. If u are going on a group tour, u are usually given only 2 options. Some of the group packages are attractively priced because they are flying Emirates with 1 stop over and 1 transit. The only other alternative they offer is the significantly more expensive direct SQ route which most people will not take.

I was referring to the middle road; two stopovers is a nightmare; direct is expensive; how about one stopover? Surely the travel agency would have such an option, as this is probably the most popular way to travel to Europe.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, u can have that option if u are travelling F&E. If u are going on a group tour, u are usually given only 2 options. Some of the group packages are attractively priced because they are flying Emirates with 1 stop over and 1 transit. The only other alternative they offer is the significantly more expensive direct SQ route which most people will not take.

Oh that sorta sucks, didn't know that. So it's either cheap and very bad or expensive and very good. No middle ground.

Which makes me even happier that I always go F&E. I always fly direct. $1280 on Qantas direct to London in May 2012. Decent flight, no worse than SQ in my experience. (SQ at that time was only $1270 but they had a 14-day restriction and our trip was 15 days; bummer). Booked about 3 - 4 months in advance. Prices include all taxes; not a penny more.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh man, i dread the stop over. Emirates doesn't show it on their online trip summary.

you all know if KLM or British airways have any stopovers to Heathrow? Thanks.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
oh man, i dread the stop over. Emirates doesn't show it on their online trip summary.

you all know if KLM or British airways have any stopovers to Heathrow? Thanks.

BA (as well as Qantas and SQ) will fly direct to Heathrow. BA does so because it is British; Qantas does because Singapore is a stopover from Melbourne or Sydney, e.g. Sydney - Singapore - London, or Melbourne - Singapore - London.

KLM will stopover in Amsterdam; Schiphol Airport is a nice airport, so by no means an unpleasant stopover.

Qatar will definitely have at least one or two stopovers; Qatar never has any direct flights to Europe. Similarly for all the Middle-East airlines, as well as all other Asian airlines.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
The rule is quite simple; airlines will always stopover at their "home" base. So Thai Airways will have a stopover in Bangkok, Malaysian Airlines in KL, Lufthansa in Frankfurt, Qatar in Doha, etc.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The rule is quite simple; airlines will always stopover at their "home" base. So Thai Airways will have a stopover in Bangkok, Malaysian Airlines in KL, Lufthansa in Frankfurt, Qatar in Doha, etc.
Sorry, but all these are transits right? :D

I meant those stopovers where they allow more passengers to board and refuel. Cause I took once from Singapore to Frankfurt on Emirates, it had a stopover at Colombo. Trying to avoid a Colombo type of case if I take KLM/BA to Heathrow. =:p Thanks! Sorry if this is out of topic. =:p :)

oddeye82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to Dynasty's 15D12N Best of Paris . Switzerland, Italy tour, then it is almost the same itinerary as that offered by ASA but at a much higher cost. I have shortlisted ASA as my first choice for my planned trip in June 2013.

ASA has lots of complains on their Europe trips... Go search online before deciding...

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but all these are transits right? :D

I meant those stopovers where they allow more passengers to board and refuel. Cause I took once from Singapore to Frankfurt on Emirates, it had a stopover at Colombo. Trying to avoid a Colombo type of case if I take KLM/BA to Heathrow. =:p Thanks! Sorry if this is out of topic. =:p :)

From my experience, all of these "stopovers" or "transits" (or whatever we choose to call them) involve getting off the plane, taking all your belongings, and reboarding the same plane, or a different plane, while waiting at the airport transit lounge or common area. Some passengers will leave and you may get a new passenger as your neighbour. These "transits" typically range from about 2 hours to 7 hours or even more, if you are unlucky.

I think nowadays it's quite rare that you just wait on the plane without getting off; that used to happen in the past, but not anymore it seems.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.