HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Germany- Austria - czech Republic winter 10 days trip

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

Hi there,

Just came back from my Europe trip last month.
You can plan not to stay too long in Munich as there is nothing much to do over there. Maybe 1 night in Munich and 1 night in Berchtesgardener if you want.
For myself, I stayed 2 nights in Munich and I just did a day trip to Berchetesgardener - beautiful lake and scenery, plus you can visit the salt mine which is 500 years old over there.
As for Hallstatt, its really a beautiful place which I stayed 1 night and I kinda regret not allocating more nights at there. You may wish to stay 2 nights in Hallstatt instead?
Btw, train to Hallstatt arrive on time for you to board but half of the journey, it slowed down and got a slight delay, but the ferry across will wait. On the way back from Hallstatt, the train got delayed and worst, it broke down and I miss my next connecting train. You might want to allocate a longer transit train for this purpose from hallstatt to cresky krumlove?

Sorry, I have no ideas for the other places as I did not travel to the rest of the places you have mentioned.
can share your itinerary? planning to travel around munich, austria and hungary or with czech republic
Old 15-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #17

Hi all, which hotel did you stay in Munich ? Any recommendation for hotel/area ?
Can get around S$150 /nite for 1 pax with breakfast ?
Plan to do a day trip to Neuschwanstein too, and another day to see Munich itself.
Thanks in advanced.
wongtjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #18

can share your itinerary?
thydower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #19
Supremacy Member

You just need a day for Schloss Neuschwanstein and Schloss Linderhof castle viewing. Its very majestic inside but cant take photos inside

Mine was first day touch down Munich at 6am and spend the rest of whole day roaming around, 2nd day to Schloss Neuschwanstein and Schloss Linderhof and third day took train to salzburg. At salzburg i stay more night and spend one day taking the day tour to Berchtesgarden where i went to the salt mine.
Hihi, website says have to join guided tour to get inside. Can i self drive and buy tickets and guided tour at the entrance? Or need to pre book before hand?

Tia

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 LITE using GAGT
Toiletpaper80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #20

Same planning trip as topic, Munich - Salzburg - Prague.

Usual tourist spot for Salzburg is Hallstatt and Konigssee.

Current plan,
Day 1 touch down in Munich and rush to Salzburg.

Day 2 Konigssee

Day 3 Hallstatt stay overnight

Day 4 to day 6 Prague

Day 7 and 8 Munich and fly back.
DavidC9199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #21

Trip with kid.

Transit between city the cheapest and easy is by train, am I right?

Don't plan to buy eurailpass.
Travel by March.

Any advice?
Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #22
Master Member

Trip with kid.

Travel by March.

Any advice?
Eurail pass unlikely to be worth. You can compare prices between train and flixbus between salzburg and Munich. Bus cheapest but can't recall how long.
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:43 AM   #23

Eurail pass unlikely to be worth. You can compare prices between train and flixbus between salzburg and Munich. Bus cheapest but can't recall how long.
Thanks
I recall the eurorail pass more for long distance and frequently traveller.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #24

Hihi, website says have to join guided tour to get inside. Can i self drive and buy tickets and guided tour at the entrance? Or need to pre book before hand?

Tia

I took the train from Munich to Fussen, then a shuttle bus to near the ticket booth. I didn't have to queue for long (abt 10mins) during early December 2012. I bought the tix to both Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles, with the guided tour starting at Hohenschwangau first. Then after that it was quite a long and tough walk up the steep slopes to Neuschwanstein castle. There're horse carriage rides avail. By the time the tour ended, was ard 4plus and dark already, but there are trees are illuminated and look beautiful with the snow on them. Took the last shuttle bus back to Fussen town and overnight there before taking the train back to Munich the next morning.
MilesTeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

I took the train from Munich to Fussen, then a shuttle bus to near the ticket booth. I didn't have to queue for long (abt 10mins) during early December 2012. I bought the tix to both Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles, with the guided tour starting at Hohenschwangau first. Then after that it was quite a long and tough walk up the steep slopes to Neuschwanstein castle. There're horse carriage rides avail. By the time the tour ended, was ard 4plus and dark already, but there are trees are illuminated and look beautiful with the snow on them. Took the last shuttle bus back to Fussen town and overnight there before taking the train back to Munich the next morning.
Nice~ thats for the guide, its juz wat i'm looking for

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

Trip with kid.

Travel by March.

Any advice?
Depending on how many pax travelling together, Can consider bayerN pass?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.