HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2016, 05:41 AM   #16

To begin with ...my favourite wanton mee is at Sam Leong street at Jalan besar. It's called 'famous wanton mee' .its part of a coffee shop
woah, confirm plus chop next year go there
spangaporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #17
Supremacy Member

Jamon is spanish ichi ban food. U will find very little spanish amdk who doesnt like it. Cutting jamon is like an art. At the end is just a cured pig leg so u canīt cut it thick thick. Not naise wan.
Donch attempt to bring whole leg to sinkieland as the weather will totally ruin it unless u atas and can put it in your dry room. If u bring jamon back home is in vacuum packs only.

A sibeh simple guide to buy:

• jamon serrano..... this the cheap wan. not so great but u can find some that is actually good.
  • jamon iberico.....the good wan, with iberian pigs..naaaaiseeeee. In jamon iberico we haf 3 categories: cebo, recebo, bellota

Basicaly cebo is that they feed them with processed food, recebo is that they feed them with accorn and later on with processed food to reach the optimal weight and then bellota (top top wan) where the pigs only eat accorn and things from the grassland.
Sometime u will hear the spanish expression "pata negra" for good quality as the iberian pig normally have black hoof

Jamon areas are extremadura, huelva and salamanca. Famous brands are 5 jotas, joselito but sometimes i find them overpriced for what u get....

Oh! If u happen to go in singapore to a "spanish" restaurant with a displaying jamon and u see it with not a straight cut but with an "U" shape means is badly cut and u can laugh at them. Donīt worry, here oso happen
First time I heard about jamon was at the 'the little Spanish place' in boat quay.

They had 4 legs and my friend went to explain to me the whole process
Of making the jamon. It was interesting and now I understand every Spanish amdk love talking about jamon.

Then when I was at barca ,I made sure I tried it. It was good... I will take note of 5jotas and joeselito brands.
Darwinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #18
Supremacy Member

woah, confirm plus chop next year go there
Oh you left singapore already ah. What were you doing here. Did you just recently left cos the singlish is still fresh
Old 25-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #19

Have you been to caminito del rey?
Is it easy to go if I dont speak spanish and Im not travelling with a tour group?
Brexiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #20

Oh you left singapore already ah. What were you doing here. Did you just recently left cos the singlish is still fresh
moi anton casey brother!
Old 25-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #21

Have you been to caminito del rey?
Is it easy to go if I dont speak spanish and Im not travelling with a tour group?

Woah!! good choice!!! but if u amdk british brexiter why should come europe when u leaving it????!!

I was ther many many years ago when it was not "fixed".... I was about to go this year but moi sibeh busy so will try to go next year.

Donīt worry if u donīt speak spanish or travelling with group u just need to book in advance and good to go.

Check here to do online reservation:

https://reservas.caminitodelrey.info...ain.php?PAR=S&

Last edited by spangaporean; 25-09-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Old 25-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

Lets go together leh...
You mean go eat wanton mee together ?
Old 26-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #23

we do wanton mee GO
Old 29-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

So spangaporean ah beng

Why did you leave sg? How do you feel to be back home ?

What do you think about basque and Catalonia freedom movement ?
Did you get any business ideas to setup back home after spending time in sg?
Old 29-09-2016, 11:15 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

any madrid and barcelona itinerary to share
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 01:15 AM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Salou is a nice place.
spangaporean likes this.
10,000 POST 03 JUNE 2012 12:38AM

Hello , I'm rainbow!
OKCATYEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 04:16 AM   #27

So spangaporean ah beng

Why did you leave sg? How do you feel to be back home ?

What do you think about basque and Catalonia freedom movement ?

Did you get any business ideas to setup back home after spending time in sg?
walao so many questions!

I leave SG long ago when mrt still working, not sardines life, cost of living was corright for sinkies, etc... But still going every year to meet family/friends and eat wanton mee. U say why left ah? simple, I live better here. How i feel? Im ok, I do miss a lot of things about SG..... definetly not the amdk FT!! but still going every year so is ok...still buay tahan the weather...

Wah random questions u ah.... sibeh polemic topic.... oso i can give a simpur answer... I dont give a shi t, i am citizen of the world, nationalism is kampong mentality, the only borders i like is the wan in orchard road (no more now! KNN) I have more in common with a singaporean that lives so far than my neighbour so how? Life is so short for that bullshi t.

Always haf ideas to do, cant stop thinking! important thing u lucky le ..look at llao llao, spanish yogurt not really great and then boom! I was amaze by the queues in sg....

Last edited by spangaporean; 30-09-2016 at 04:22 AM..
Old 30-09-2016, 04:20 AM   #28

any madrid and barcelona itinerary to share
Madrid and Barcelona are not really big big cities so easy to go around. U need to see how much time u haf and then what kind of things u want to do. Party, museums, one day trip to another nearby city... If u know how many days u staying can help u on that itinerary.
Old 30-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #29
Master Member

Madrid and Barcelona are not really big big cities so easy to go around. U need to see how much time u haf and then what kind of things u want to do. Party, museums, one day trip to another nearby city... If u know how many days u staying can help u on that itinerary.
test you lah, just now that pic too easy peasy... Barcelona too touristy

this shld be easy
wj1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #30

test you lah
hahahah the first wan is gran via Zara, Primark or HM?. So crowded that u feel u are in nex on saturday But is quite nice building.

second wan is a tourist trap hahah, mercado de san miguel. The quality of the food is quite good but pricey and very packed. Oh in front of that picture there is a classic "bar" and they make very good spanish omelette.

Again, for all sotong sinkies...be careful with pickpockets! they said around 800 to 1000 wallets "fly" in Madrid every day (specially around sol or atocha)...

Last edited by spangaporean; 30-09-2016 at 04:08 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.