www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Europe (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/europe-277/)
-   -   Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/europe-277/going-spain-ask-amdk-ah-beng-5464851.html)

spangaporean 19-09-2016 07:38 PM

Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

Hola!
Friendly amdk ang moh here will help chiu with your inquires, questions about ESPAÑA. Moi not anton casey stupiak type so dont be pai seh and ask all type of questions if u want! :s13:

ping56 19-09-2016 08:59 PM

Are u Spanish ? Have been to Barcelona and planning to go Madrid next year. Any must go places and food to try?

Darwinson 19-09-2016 09:20 PM

Whose Crone are you

Why you pick spain

spangaporean 19-09-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping56 (Post 103717644)
Are u Spanish ? Have been to Barcelona and planning to go Madrid next year. Any must go places and food to try?

Yes I am from Madrid. Good choice u make for next year haha! your plan how many days in madrid ah...going around europe cities or spain, or just a fast trip to Madrid only...?

spangaporean 19-09-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103717994)
Whose Crone are you

Why you pick spain

oi! im not crone wan! but feel honored u think i´m crone of someone else hah.... im just madriliean amdk ah beng that likes edmw :s22:

Hisashiburi 20-09-2016 02:32 AM

Are there nice beaches near Madrid or Barcelona?
Able to get into the ocean there?

Tks!

spangaporean 20-09-2016 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hisashiburi (Post 103722246)
Are there nice beaches near Madrid or Barcelona?
Able to get into the ocean there?
Tks!

Spain full of beaches....from madrid nearest beaches are 3-4 h drive (valencia province). From Barcelona you will have an easy go since u orredy near the sea...u will have the "costa daurada".
There are so many beaches nice but far....like balearic islands with Mallorca (never go to el arenal, i know is cheap but full of british/germans ah bengs haha)...then Menorca...woah sibeh naise! same size as singapore and around 100.000 people only. South Spain oso good choice, with nice food and tapas.
Oso u can go south portugal (algarve), amazing area...... or fly to canary islands haha!

Darwinson 24-09-2016 12:26 AM

Hey amdk ahbeng

Share more about San Sebastián leh. Which part in Spain are you from and what's your fav Spanish food

And your fav sinkie food for comparison

spangaporean 24-09-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103795424)
Hey amdk ahbeng

Share more about San Sebastián leh.

San sebastian is a nice place to visit and makan! From Madrid is a bit more than 4h drive. I think is aboout 450km. U oso can take bus to go there. Is quite easy to move around to see things like the beach, the old town, panoramic view from monte igueldo, etc... and then makan pintxos! Actually is a bit ex if u start to do calculations about how many u eat and how much you pay but is quite worth it. Pintxos are very elaborated and very tasty and you have so many places there to stop, eat, go to another one... San sebastian oso haf great restaurants if u want more than just pintxos.

Quote:

Which part in Spain are you from and what's your fav Spanish food

This amdk lives in Madrid and my fav is JAMOOOOOOOON!!!! and gambas from huelva!!! that´s why in singapore my fav street is gambas avenue! (lame joke ha). I haf so many more but with this two i can live!

If u want I can explain more about jamon and spanish food ...jamon like durian la...the mao shan wang of jamon is the wan u need to eat. Sound like atas comment but in jamon (like durian) really matters.

Quote:

And your fav sinkie food for comparison

wahhh Now you mention i would Love to eat rite now wanton mee!!!! I sibeh miss char siew!!! :s12:

5star_pundit 24-09-2016 12:31 PM

halo spangaporean can identify this place
hint very common tourist attraction in barcelona

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/...07842ae6_b.jpg

spangaporean 24-09-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5star_pundit (Post 103800015)

hahah of cos la! is the avenue where all u asian sotong tourist get robbed! :D

Is really packed these days barcelona....and generating a big polemic around this massification and how affects the locals.

Actually, rambla you better walk from the top and then finish at the sea like the natural course of the rain water.. Rambla is an arab term for creek so this avenue is just following that path :)

Darwinson 24-09-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103796589)
San sebastian is a nice place to visit and makan! From Madrid is a bit more than 4h drive. I think is aboout 450km. U oso can take bus to go there. Is quite easy to move around to see things like the beach, the old town, panoramic view from monte igueldo, etc... and then makan pintxos! Actually is a bit ex if u start to do calculations about how many u eat and how much you pay but is quite worth it. Pintxos are very elaborated and very tasty and you have so many places there to stop, eat, go to another one... San sebastian oso haf great restaurants if u want more than just pintxos.

This amdk lives in Madrid and my fav is JAMOOOOOOOON!!!! and gambas from huelva!!! that´s why in singapore my fav street is gambas avenue! (lame joke ha). I haf so many more but with this two i can live!

If u want I can explain more about jamon and spanish food ...jamon like durian la...the mao shan wang of jamon is the wan u need to eat. Sound like atas comment but in jamon (like durian) really matters.

wahhh Now you mention i would Love to eat rite now wanton mee!!!! I sibeh miss char siew!!! :s12:

Hahaa. I got eat jamon(hamun)la. Even the higher grade black color one. Beyota is it called?

I think it was nice. I wouldn't compare it to Durian cos I myself hate durian. There are so many peeepur hate pungent food. jamun will be eaten by wider variety of people

But do share more about jamun

Darwinson 24-09-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5star_pundit (Post 103800015)

Knn la you. This one so simpur. You wanna test him must ask him more difficult question.

Darwinson 24-09-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103796589)

Wow good. I also like wanton mee a lot. I give my recommendations. You tell me more Spanish food and cities.

To begin with ...my favourite wanton mee is at Sam Leong street at Jalan besar. It's called 'famous wanton mee' .its part of a coffee shop

spangaporean 25-09-2016 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103806890)
But do share more about jamun

Jamon is spanish ichi ban food. U will find very little spanish amdk who doesnt like it. Cutting jamon is like an art. At the end is just a cured pig leg so u can´t cut it thick thick. Not naise wan.
Donch attempt to bring whole leg to sinkieland as the weather will totally ruin it unless u atas and can put it in your dry room. If u bring jamon back home is in vacuum packs only.

A sibeh simple guide to buy:

• jamon serrano..... this the cheap wan. not so great but u can find some that is actually good.
  • jamon iberico.....the good wan, with iberian pigs..naaaaiseeeee. In jamon iberico we haf 3 categories: cebo, recebo, bellota

Basicaly cebo is that they feed them with processed food, recebo is that they feed them with accorn and later on with processed food to reach the optimal weight and then bellota (top top wan) where the pigs only eat accorn and things from the grassland.
Sometime u will hear the spanish expression "pata negra" for good quality as the iberian pig normally have black hoof

Jamon areas are extremadura, huelva and salamanca. Famous brands are 5 jotas, joselito but sometimes i find them overpriced for what u get....

Oh! If u happen to go in singapore to a "spanish" restaurant with a displaying jamon and u see it with not a straight cut but with an "U" shape means is badly cut and u can laugh at them. Don´t worry, here oso happen :s13:

spangaporean 25-09-2016 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103807026)
To begin with ...my favourite wanton mee is at Sam Leong street at Jalan besar. It's called 'famous wanton mee' .its part of a coffee shop

woah, confirm plus chop next year go there :D

Darwinson 25-09-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103812605)
Jamon is spanish ichi ban food. U will find very little spanish amdk who doesnt like it. Cutting jamon is like an art. At the end is just a cured pig leg so u can´t cut it thick thick. Not naise wan.
Donch attempt to bring whole leg to sinkieland as the weather will totally ruin it unless u atas and can put it in your dry room. If u bring jamon back home is in vacuum packs only.

A sibeh simple guide to buy:

• jamon serrano..... this the cheap wan. not so great but u can find some that is actually good.
  • jamon iberico.....the good wan, with iberian pigs..naaaaiseeeee. In jamon iberico we haf 3 categories: cebo, recebo, bellota

Basicaly cebo is that they feed them with processed food, recebo is that they feed them with accorn and later on with processed food to reach the optimal weight and then bellota (top top wan) where the pigs only eat accorn and things from the grassland.
Sometime u will hear the spanish expression "pata negra" for good quality as the iberian pig normally have black hoof

Jamon areas are extremadura, huelva and salamanca. Famous brands are 5 jotas, joselito but sometimes i find them overpriced for what u get....

Oh! If u happen to go in singapore to a "spanish" restaurant with a displaying jamon and u see it with not a straight cut but with an "U" shape means is badly cut and u can laugh at them. Don´t worry, here oso happen :s13:

First time I heard about jamon was at the 'the little Spanish place' in boat quay.

They had 4 legs and my friend went to explain to me the whole process
Of making the jamon. It was interesting and now I understand every Spanish amdk love talking about jamon.

Then when I was at barca ,I made sure I tried it. It was good... I will take note of 5jotas and joeselito brands.

Darwinson 25-09-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103812611)
woah, confirm plus chop next year go there :D

Oh you left singapore already ah. What were you doing here. Did you just recently left cos the singlish is still fresh

Brexiter 25-09-2016 05:23 PM

Have you been to caminito del rey?
Is it easy to go if I dont speak spanish and Im not travelling with a tour group?

spangaporean 25-09-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103815108)
Oh you left singapore already ah. What were you doing here. Did you just recently left cos the singlish is still fresh

moi anton casey brother! :D:s13:

spangaporean 25-09-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brexiter (Post 103820748)
Have you been to caminito del rey?
Is it easy to go if I dont speak spanish and Im not travelling with a tour group?

Woah!! good choice!!! but if u amdk british brexiter why should come europe when u leaving it????!!=:p:s13:

I was ther many many years ago when it was not "fixed".... I was about to go this year but moi sibeh busy so will try to go next year.

Don´t worry if u don´t speak spanish or travelling with group u just need to book in advance and good to go.

Check here to do online reservation:

https://reservas.caminitodelrey.info...ain.php?PAR=S&

Darwinson 25-09-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brexiter (Post 103822114)
Lets go together leh...

You mean go eat wanton mee together ?

spangaporean 26-09-2016 07:16 PM

we do wanton mee GO :s12:

Darwinson 29-09-2016 08:24 PM

So spangaporean ah beng

Why did you leave sg? How do you feel to be back home ?

What do you think about basque and Catalonia freedom movement ?
Did you get any business ideas to setup back home after spending time in sg?

5star_pundit 29-09-2016 11:15 PM

any madrid and barcelona itinerary to share

OKCATYEON 30-09-2016 01:15 AM

Salou is a nice place.

spangaporean 30-09-2016 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103899913)
So spangaporean ah beng

Why did you leave sg? How do you feel to be back home ?

What do you think about basque and Catalonia freedom movement ?

Did you get any business ideas to setup back home after spending time in sg?

walao so many questions! :s13:

I leave SG long ago when mrt still working, not sardines life, cost of living was corright for sinkies, etc... But still going every year to meet family/friends and eat wanton mee. U say why left ah? simple, I live better here. How i feel? Im ok, I do miss a lot of things about SG..... definetly not the amdk FT!! :s13: but still going every year so is ok...still buay tahan the weather...

Wah random questions u ah.... sibeh polemic topic.... oso i can give a simpur answer... I dont give a shi t, i am citizen of the world, nationalism is kampong mentality, the only borders i like is the wan in orchard road (no more now! KNN) I have more in common with a singaporean that lives so far than my neighbour so how? Life is so short for that bullshi t.

Always haf ideas to do, cant stop thinking! :s22: important thing u lucky le ..look at llao llao, spanish yogurt not really great and then boom! I was amaze by the queues in sg....

spangaporean 30-09-2016 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5star_pundit (Post 103902888)
any madrid and barcelona itinerary to share

Madrid and Barcelona are not really big big cities so easy to go around. U need to see how much time u haf and then what kind of things u want to do. Party, museums, one day trip to another nearby city... If u know how many days u staying can help u on that itinerary.

wj1984 30-09-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103905340)
Madrid and Barcelona are not really big big cities so easy to go around. U need to see how much time u haf and then what kind of things u want to do. Party, museums, one day trip to another nearby city... If u know how many days u staying can help u on that itinerary.

test you lah, just now that pic too easy peasy... Barcelona too touristy

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ivxml2.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/21dhogw.jpg
this shld be easy

spangaporean 30-09-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wj1984 (Post 103914070)
test you lah

hahahah the first wan is gran via Zara, Primark or HM?. So crowded that u feel u are in nex on saturday :s13: But is quite nice building.

second wan is a tourist trap hahah, mercado de san miguel. The quality of the food is quite good but pricey and very packed. Oh in front of that picture there is a classic "bar" and they make very good spanish omelette.

Again, for all sotong sinkies...be careful with pickpockets! they said around 800 to 1000 wallets "fly" in Madrid every day (specially around sol or atocha)...

wj1984 30-09-2016 04:17 PM

was there for exchange for a week but did not lose my wallet!

absolutely spot on for both

that ZARA @ gran via~~

Mercado food is pretty good especially the jamons over there!

spangaporean 30-09-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wj1984 (Post 103915524)
was there for exchange for a week but did not lose my wallet!

absolutely spot on for both

that ZARA @ gran via~~

Mercado food is pretty good especially the jamons over there!

u crever!..never loose wallet. Actually, Japs are ichi ban to got robbed haha

Hope u enjoyed that week!

Chinese and spanish we share the same passion for pigs!!! ;):s13:

Darwinson 30-09-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103905331)
walao so many questions! :s13:

I leave SG long ago when mrt still working, not sardines life, cost of living was corright for sinkies, etc... But still going every year to meet family/friends and eat wanton mee. U say why left ah? simple, I live better here. How i feel? Im ok, I do miss a lot of things about SG..... definetly not the amdk FT!! :s13: but still going every year so is ok...still buay tahan the weather...

Wah random questions u ah.... sibeh polemic topic.... oso i can give a simpur answer... I dont give a shi t, i am citizen of the world, nationalism is kampong mentality, the only borders i like is the wan in orchard road (no more now! KNN) I have more in common with a singaporean that lives so far than my neighbour so how? Life is so short for that bullshi t.

Always haf ideas to do, cant stop thinking! :s22: important thing u lucky le ..look at llao llao, spanish yogurt not really great and then boom! I was amaze by the queues in sg....

Your singlish is so good that I can only imagine You as local leh

You really sinkie who run road right ?

spangaporean 01-10-2016 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103918574)
Your singlish is so good that I can only imagine as your local leh

You really sinkie who run road right ?

still not believe meh ...ok, i confess.... moi sinkie, son of Yam Ah Mee :s13:

spangaporean 02-10-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103918574)
Your singlish is so good that I can only imagine You as local leh

Now serious la, moi pure spanish amdk weird enuff to like edmw and hardwarezone forums....so quite honoured u tell me got naise singlish. :s12: Come to Madrid to check it out then.....:D

Darwinson 02-10-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 103941974)
Now serious la, moi pure spanish amdk weird enuff to like edmw and hardwarezone forums....so quite honoured u tell me got naise singlish. :s12: Come to Madrid to check it out then.....:D

Okok believe you. You still haven't say which industry you were in when you were in sg.

Where to find Spanish chicks in sg ?

Isn't churro overrated ? Where is your fav churro and tapas while in singapore ?

Have you tried nasi briyani and Pilaf. Do you think paella is similar to that ?

spangaporean 02-10-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 103942493)
Okok believe you. You still haven't say which industry you were in when you were in sg.

my job was making fun of atas AMDK FT

Quote:

Where to find Spanish chicks in sg ?

Wah, last time around 100 soemthing spanish in SG...now is around 2000 I think so u haf more options these days...but spasnih chiobu vely bossy and strong character like oso italians hah. Go las lilas school to ask for ESP chiobu: "Hola, me gustaría que me informaran sobre las tías españolas más guapas que haya en Singapur" (u can ask that....)

Quote:

Isn't churro overrated ? Where is your fav churro and tapas while in singapore ?

Well, is not a question of overrated lah....just that sinkies you go with fashion all the time... They open wan shop and u fast fast go and queue until die...then u stop going. Here churros is just another option for breakfast or merienda (tea time) or after night party. We dont see it as overrated, is just people who like it eat it and people who doesnt...dont eat it.
Churros is like youtiao...in fact they said that portuguese brought recipe from china to Europe.
Actually youtiao is very similar to what we call PORRAS.
In madrid u haf churros in many places. Most typical place is San gines. Valor oso good. And many others. And here the only option to eat it is with chocolate cup. No toppings.
Madrid is more of RACIONES than TAPAS so my fav is Calamares a la romana, gambas a la plancha, boquerones en vinagre....can´t finish list

Quote:

Have you tried nasi briyani and Pilaf. Do you think paella is similar to that ?

Yes..they haf similar look haha I do like paella but i prefer the arroz dishes in Alicante, nice are to makan.

wj1984 03-10-2016 12:10 PM

man we should have link up when I did my exchange at IE biz school!

I love the relax Spanish life... lunch at like 4pm? dinner at 9pm?

nonsense!

kitkat2 03-10-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wj1984 (Post 103963609)

nonsense!

and siesta :)

spangaporean 03-10-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wj1984 (Post 103963609)

nonsense!

Yeahhh...u came here 3 months exchange issit

hahah yes, lunch usually from 2pm-4pm....dinner form 9pm-11pm

Erwinlow 10-10-2016 12:42 AM

I've been to Barcelona(and Tarragona, Montserrat and Girona). Loved it! Food is amazing too.

Considering a trip on the south... So around Madrid and below. Any cities particularly you think is worth checking out?

Darwinson 10-10-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwinlow (Post 104085464)
I've been to Barcelona(and Tarragona, Montserrat and Girona). Loved it! Food is amazing too.

Considering a trip on the south... So around Madrid and below. Any cities particularly you think is worth checking out?

A Spanish girl told me her favourite is Granada ....also the canaries islands is often talked about having a different vibe and culture.

Of course Basque Country has the most unique culture in all of Spain which some say is dry unspanish....basque is definitely one place to check out but it's north

spangaporean 11-10-2016 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwinlow (Post 104085464)

U can do day trips to toledo and segovia... cuenca and salamanca oso can but a bit more far...

if u haf more days check going andalucia places like sevilla, granada...

spangaporean 11-10-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 104102183)
A Spanish girl told me her favourite is Granada ....also the canaries islands is often talked about having a different vibe and culture.

Granada is an awesome place to see and to enjoy the tapas style of eating. Granada girls chiobu wan but character vely strong (granada famous for "malafolla" attitude....hah)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwinson (Post 104102183)
Of course Basque Country has the most unique culture in all of Spain which some say is dry unspanish....basque is definitely one place to check out but it's north

Basque contry a lot of things to offer ...vely nice place. In general cliche terms, south spain is more chinchai and open while north is more dry people. t´s quite true, specially with humour and jokes but in the north once they accepted u they are very warm. :)

wj1984 11-10-2016 03:20 PM

just went there for 12 days! including Barcelona!

spangaporean 11-10-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wj1984 (Post 104114639)
just went there for 12 days! including Barcelona!

where did u go?:)

wj1984 14-10-2016 11:17 AM

the usual touristy places in Barcelona / Madrid! Kind of miss the Spanish laidback life style!

spangaporean 15-10-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wj1984 (Post 104170678)
the usual touristy places in Barcelona / Madrid! Kind of miss the Spanish laidback life style!

Yeah man...we work for living and not living for work

There's a saying "vas a ser el mas rico del cementerio" (u are gonna be the richest in the cementery)....meaning no point to get money for looking at it only and not spending to live your life...hah

Erwinlow 16-10-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spangaporean (Post 104104780)
U can do day trips to toledo and segovia... cuenca and salamanca oso can but a bit more far...

if u haf more days check going andalucia places like sevilla, granada...

Thanks! Do you recommend travelling to Spain in December? I'm in the UK atm, so want to get out of here in December haha

spangaporean 16-10-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwinlow (Post 104200596)
Thanks! Do you recommend travelling to Spain in December? I'm in the UK atm, so want to get out of here in December haha

Haha ya la...go out from brexitland! December should be good! I mean is cold but nothing like north europe...specially if u go south. Actually u should visit granada and take two days to ski at sierra nevada ski resort :P