Heading to London for 3D2N in early Nov. Any recommendations?

silvercoo

Reaction score
Hi all!

I will be heading to London for 3d2n in early nov, staying at Best Western Maitrise Hotel Maida Vale. Most likely heading to oxford street, west end, the area around the london eye, borough market as well as the Buckingham palace.

Is there any recommended places to go?

Also, want to enquire about the bus/tram system. Do I really need to buy day pass etc? I will be arriving via the train station from Glasgow

beanstalk6

Reaction score
The British Museum, I suggest. All your destinations are within Zone 2. I don't think you need a day pass.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Oyster card is good enough.

Places you might consider
- Calvary guard
- Churchill War Museum
- Natural History Museum
- Convent Garden
- Sky Garden (free admission need booking, bookings open a week in advance on every monday)
- Wembley designer factory outlet
- Leicester Square (try Steak & Co, Burger & Lobster)

Borough market i feel is a bit over rated, small and nothing much

silvercoo

Reaction score
The British Museum, I suggest. All your destinations are within Zone 2. I don't think you need a day pass.

I guess I might be giving the museums a miss. Don't think the gf would like it.

Watch a musical. Get your discounted tickets at TKTS booth

Yeap! Planning to watch wicked at the Appollo theatre. Online price is about 26 pounds now. It will go down earlier to the date?

This one i agreed.

Some more is free entry. It might take a full day

Yah loh, precisely it might take a full day, that is why i have to give it a miss =/

Oyster card is good enough.

Places you might consider
- Calvary guard
- Churchill War Museum
- Natural History Museum
- Convent Garden
- Sky Garden (free admission need booking, bookings open a week in advance on every monday)
- Wembley designer factory outlet
- Leicester Square (try Steak & Co, Burger & Lobster)

Borough market i feel is a bit over rated, small and nothing much

The sky garden looks nice. I heard that the wembly designer outlet is alittle overrated with the designer goods. Primark seems to be better imho!

For lobster, it is the one that you recommended at the Leicester Sq right?

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeap don’t buy online. Go down physically to the booth.

I guess I might be giving the museums a miss. Don't think the gf would like it.

Yeap! Planning to watch wicked at the Appollo theatre. Online price is about 26 pounds now. It will go down earlier to the date?

Yah loh, precisely it might take a full day, that is why i have to give it a miss =/

The sky garden looks nice. I heard that the wembly designer outlet is alittle overrated with the designer goods. Primark seems to be better imho!

For lobster, it is the one that you recommended at the Leicester Sq right?

rodimus_prime

Master Member
Reaction score
Hope it’s not too late.

Forget Burger & Lobster. Overrated and overpriced.
Try Vapiano, Flatiron, Young Cheng (Lobster noodles - £28 whole lobster), Brindisa, Smack Lobster Roll

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.