How to travel stonehenge from london?

13luetooth

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Is it better to take day tour from london to stonehenge or free and easy and travel to stonehenge?

Please do recommend any good and cheap day tour to stonehenge :)
(I prefer a morning hour travel from london to stonehenge only. do not require other attractions due to time constraint)

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Is it better to take day tour from london to stonehenge or free and easy and travel to stonehenge?

Please do recommend any good and cheap day tour to stonehenge :)
(I prefer a morning hour travel from london to stonehenge only. do not require other attractions due to time constraint)

Better to take day tour. Was going to go free and easy but it was a hassle with the timetable of the trains and bus.

I took a day tour from London to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath. Not very costly but can't remember the price.

mrohaha

Reaction score
I recall the Stonehenge only tour is about 50 pounds. Did not make any sense for me to join the Stonehenge only tour. And the tour only allows you less than an hour at the Stonehenge. If you consider the time spent travelling there, it may not be worth it at all.

In the end joined a Stonehenge, Salisbury and Bath tour to be more cost and time effective.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recall the Stonehenge only tour is about 50 pounds. Did not make any sense for me to join the Stonehenge only tour. And the tour only allows you less than an hour at the Stonehenge. If you consider the time spent travelling there, it may not be worth it at all.

In the end joined a Stonehenge, Salisbury and Bath tour to be more cost and time effective.

this. take tours that cover Bath city. It makes more dollars sense.

check viator.com out for good tours available in london.

JamieP

Reaction score
Of course if you are in London and have access to a car you could do the tip yourself. Its about an hour outside of London and you can park your car in the car park and then either view from the road - or alternatively purchase a ticket at the gate and walk (or take the free bus) to the Stones to get an up close view. I would definitely recommend doing this super early in the morning and seeing the sunrise here - thats awesome!

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score

I think I take this day tour too
Small group
Some "friends Simi day tour
Not bad. Take pics not a big group also
I like the scenery outside of the Roman bath.
Jiak the scone n English tea. Yum yum

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Join the tour that includes Salisbury and Bath.. More worth it.

Prof Goh

Reaction score
I went via premiumtours' Windsor Castle/Stonehenge/Bath day trip. About 84-87 GBP per person. Pretty cheap imo compared to the others.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.