HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Immigration and Passports in Europe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

Alright. Thanks. So in that case, if i come from London and leave from Switzerland, i'll be having 2 chops? (entry UK, Exit UK and exit Zurich) ?
If this is your journey - SG > UK, UK > CH, CH > SG - then 3.

UK entry, CH entry, CH exit. Not sure about ZRH not giving entry stamp as stated by dilphinus (flights landing at ZRH regional terminals don't have border control), but UK indeed does not give exit stamp.

Last edited by Ark Law; 24-01-2018 at 11:49 PM..
Ark Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #17
Master Member

Thanks people. In 2014, i went Switzerland only and got 2 stamps from them, not sure if it's changed for them
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #18

Know the difference between Schengen and EU.

Schengen is for immigration control while EU is for customs.

Switzerland is in the Schengen. Schengen to Schengen no need for exit stamp until you leave the last Schengen stop. UK is not in the Schengen are so you get an entry stamp each time you enter. You wont get an exit stamp for the UK. Apparently Zurich airport dont give an entry stamp either (to be verified).

Border controls may not be at the departure but at the arrivals. That's why you dont get an exit stamp. Eurostar services are subjected to Juxtaposed border controls.
Got ZRH entry and exit stamp when I flew in from SIN, transiting to another Schengen area. Not sure about stamps if you’re to/fro UK though..
noslek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #19

I'm planning for my graduation trip and graduation ceremony in July. I am also thinking to 孙变 tour Europe. But I've a few questions on the immigration part.

Do we need to get passports stamped or go through immigration when crossing over from France>Switzerland, UK>France ?
France to Switzerland - no border control. No stamps.

UK to France - border control at UK side, passport will be stamped in the UK. Likewise for France to UK, the UK border control is at France side.
Prof Goh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #20
Master Member

France to Switzerland - no border control. No stamps.

UK to France - border control at UK side, passport will be stamped in the UK. Likewise for France to UK, the UK border control is at France side.
Thanks. I've searched on the net and there are tourists who visit Monaco, went to their tourist centre to have their passport "stamped". I want to get those stamped, especially Monaco.
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #21

Thanks. I've searched on the net and there are tourists who visit Monaco, went to their tourist centre to have their passport "stamped". I want to get those stamped, especially Monaco.
Be careful about how our dear old ICA reacts to that. Technically, there shouldn't be anything in the SG passport other than "official" stamps and endorsements by other immigration authorities. Now you won't get caught unless an ICA officer checks your passport page by page, but with auto-gates, chances of that is very low.
259850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.