HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Looking for a female travel companion to travel Italy for 10 days

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2019, 02:07 AM   #16
Master Member

My recent trip to Europe was during the Spring season

Overnight direct flight to Amsterdam. 2.5D Amsterdam (including Lisse). Day 1 City area, Day 2 – Visited wind mills and tulip fields. Next day took an early morning flight and reached London at 7.30am.
2D London city.
Train departed London before sunrise and arrived Paris at 8am.
4D Paris & Strasbourg. Day 1 – City area (Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc of Triumph, Notre Dame Cathedral & etc. they are all nearby) Day 2 – Montmartre, Day 3 Palace of Versailles. Cruised Seine river during sunset - Day 4 Strasburg. Next day early morning took a train from Strasbourg to Swiss.
4D Interlaken (including Jungfraujoch), Zermatt, Lucerne. Directly flight from Zurich to Sg at night.

Travelled light and locked bags at stations before Airbnb check in time. All accommodations were within walking distance from metro/train stations.

Started each day early in the morning and went back to accommodation at around 9pm sunset time.
Wow. Your 1 day visit to Paris City was fully loaded. I have visited the attractions u mentioned but definitely not in a day.

My only regret in Paris was not allocating a full day when visit the lourve. It is one of the best museums in the world and offer more than mona Lisa. I know many just went it and that and left.. I spend half day there and still unable to explore finish. Although I understand some might bored after looking at the painting. I have 2 friends who went to Paris thru package tours and both told me the tour guide just bought them to the pyramid outside and that it. That why who ever want to visit Paris. I always recommend a full day for lourve. Same as Vatican city.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:03 AM   #17

Wow. Your 1 day visit to Paris City was fully loaded. I have visited the attractions u mentioned but definitely not in a day.

My only regret in Paris was not allocating a full day when visit the lourve. It is one of the best museums in the world and offer more than mona Lisa. I know many just went it and that and left.. I spend half day there and still unable to explore finish. Although I understand some might bored after looking at the painting. I have 2 friends who went to Paris thru package tours and both told me the tour guide just bought them to the pyramid outside and that it. That why who ever want to visit Paris. I always recommend a full day for lourve. Same as Vatican city.
Visiting Louvre for a full day is your preference and to me it will be too much. We spent 3 hrs inside looking at the paintings especially at those that are well known and spent about 2 hrs picnicking at the Tuileries garden which is just next to it.

Day time is really long during spring and summer.

Last edited by Debuantu; 12-09-2019 at 09:06 AM..
Debuantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #18

Milan and Venice doable for 2D.

Maybe you Shd consider squeeze Cinque Terre in your Florence. That is Florence -> CT -> Florence. Check if the hotel allow u to leave luggage as u be coming back. Not advisable to bring big luggage to CT. One of the mistake

did Italy in Aug to the place that you intend with the same flow.
cheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice amazing race style.

But fun meh?

Last edited by ksapple; 14-09-2019 at 02:00 PM..
ksapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #20

Nice amazing race style.

But fun meh?
Not as rush as you thought. If the trip is not enjoyable I wouldn't have wanted to go in the first place.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #21

Milan and Venice doable for 2D.

Maybe you Shd consider squeeze Cinque Terre in your Florence. That is Florence -> CT -> Florence. Check if the hotel allow u to leave luggage as u be coming back. Not advisable to bring big luggage to CT. One of the mistake

did Italy in Aug to the place that you intend with the same flow.
Thanks for the suggestion =). Will consider visiting Cinque Terre if there's sufficient time.
Old 17-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #22

Sorry hijack this.
Any advice: is staying 3 days in Venice too long?
Our first trip to Italy this coming November.
rizhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #23

If u want to visit all of Venice main island and those small islands by taking a ferry out. 2 nights max is enough,

Sorry hijack this.
Any advice: is staying 3 days in Venice too long?
Our first trip to Italy this coming November.
finale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #24

If u want to visit all of Venice main island and those small islands by taking a ferry out. 2 nights max is enough,
Thanks. My colleague also thought I overplan for 3 days.
First day: reach Venice about 6pm (first night)
Second day: full day at Venice (2nd night)
Third day: full day at Venice (3rd night)
Go back Rome around noon on 4th day. We haven’t bought train ticket yet.

Hope we cover Venice well on the above plan.
rizhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Yep I spent 2N in Venice or 1 full day.

Covered the sights on the main island.
70niner is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.