HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malpensa airport buying train tickets

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #1

Malpensa airport buying train tickets

I would like to purchase all my regionale train tickets once I arrive in Malpensa airport Milan, to avoid wasting time to queue during my vacation

Is there any trenitalia ticket office at Malpensa airport as there is quite a number of tickets, I would like to buy in advance. e.g Milan centrale - Como S Giovanni return, Florence - La Spezia, & also Leonardo Express roma termini - Fumicino Airport.

I would also like to purchase the Milano express ticket from Malpensa - Milano centrale as I understand it is being run on a different train company Trenord.

TIA
Honda_typeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #2

yes.
u can also buy those tickets online too, don't have to buy there
wuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #3

Actually have bought all the fast trains which require seat reservation online. Would prefer to buy the regionale trains once i am at malpensa airport.

Is it trenitalia ticket counter or automated machines? I would prefer to do it at the counter as i have a number of tickets to buy. I would also be paying for the tickets in euro. Is the trenord and trenitalia counter located at.the same location?

I heard the its quite chaotic at milan centrale station and the ticket counter usually have long queues.

TIA
Old 21-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #4

I think there's both... my trip was in 2015, and my memory is hazy
Milan centrale, like most central train stations, is chaotic but "manageable" I feel. Anyway, I prefer using the ticket machines, cos like u say, the human ticketing counters are usually long queues.....

Is it trenitalia ticket counter or automated machines? I would prefer to do it at the counter as i have a number of tickets to buy. I would also be paying for the tickets in euro. Is the trenord and trenitalia counter located at.the same location?

I heard the its quite chaotic at milan centrale station and the ticket counter usually have long queues.

TIA
wuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #5

Ok thanks for the advice. I have decided to get the tickets from milan centrale station, to avoid wasting further time finding the counter at the aiport if it is different from the malpensa express counter/machine.
Old 31-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #6

I was in Malpensa late last year. These videos may be useful for you.

At Malpensa, I tried to buy train tickets at the counter for a regional ride from Centrale to Genoa, but the guy at the ticket counter said the earlier train was from a different company. So I only bought the MXP to Centrale leg.

At Centrale, the manned counters were very busy. I had to buy from a machine. Take note, they require credit card pin. Also beware of pickpockets. Even their machines tell you to.
guitar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #7

If you're concerned about missing the online train tickets out of MXP to Milano Centrale, you can also get it at MXP itself. If i'm not wrong, it's at the lower level, just before you descend to the train platform. There's a service counter with English speaking staff if you need help.

Some cards may not work for the ticket machines unless you have the 4 digit code from your bank. SG uses a 6 digit code so you might need to apply for them separately. These codes are used quite commonly in Europe, so it might be handy to have it.
Constellar Timepieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.