HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help in London, i might be able to help you

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #16
Master Member

How about your transport costs? Worth it to buy the 7 day unlimited travel pass or just keep topping up? There’s a cap of per day right
Depends on where u travelling and the frequency of your transport use. Have to go calculate. For me..is still cheaper to top up..
pcmdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #17
Master Member

How long did u spend in London? How much do u think is needed for 1 week in london? 1k enuf for spending?
1 week is 7 days. Daily transport could set u around 10gbp

Food wise..not cheap and depending on what u eat. Note that their food is expensive not as cheap as Singapore. E.g. average meal cost around 15gbp

If u are visiting attractions that require entrance fees u might want to take that in account

Within London..most attractions are within walking distance. If u don't mind..walk
E.g. big ben, London bridge, ,tower bridge, palace, London eye, the museum, tower of London etc are all within walking distance
pcmdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
Junior Moderator

Fast food is relatively cheap compared to the other choices in London. To get a general feel of prices: http://burgerlad.com/2013/01/mcdonal...prices-uk.html
Some days I had 1 fast food meal everyday to save costs. Asian takeaways are slightly cheaper than fast food, but you will have to go out of the way to find these in London.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #19

I did blog about my trip in London. hope it helps.

http://www.shuxianblog.com/6-days-5-...nerary-part-1/
http://www.shuxianblog.com/6-days-5-...nerary-part-2/
Old 18-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #20

Looking for a clean hotel in London budget $300 5 nights any suggestions? Ideally near a tube?

Thanks 😬
nivlac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #21
Master Member

1 week is 7 days. Daily transport could set u around 10gbp

Food wise..not cheap and depending on what u eat. Note that their food is expensive not as cheap as Singapore. E.g. average meal cost around 15gbp

If u are visiting attractions that require entrance fees u might want to take that in account

Within London..most attractions are within walking distance. If u don't mind..walk
E.g. big ben, London bridge, ,tower bridge, palace, London eye, the museum, tower of London etc are all within walking distance
Thanks guys... I'm planning for abt 1k-1.5k for 10days in london... 5 days will be staying with friends and accomodation shared... The other days on my own... Booking airbnb cheaper than hotels rite? Still planning for it....

Last edited by jeffrey745; 20-11-2017 at 10:55 PM..
jeffrey745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #22

Looking for a clean hotel in London budget $300 5 nights any suggestions? Ideally near a tube?

Thanks 😬
$60 for a night is not possible, London accommodation is not that cheap. Minimum $110 for budget if near tube need to pay more
Old 22-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #23

Thanks guys... I'm planning for abt 1k-1.5k for 10days in london... 5 days will be staying with friends and accomodation shared... The other days on my own... Booking airbnb cheaper than hotels rite? Still planning for it....
Airbnb might not be cheap need to do research as depend on season
Old 23-11-2017, 11:30 PM   #24
Master Member

Airbnb might not be cheap need to do research as depend on season
Thanks for the advise!
jeffrey745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 12:38 AM   #25

Opps meant $300 a night.

$60 for a night is not possible, London accommodation is not that cheap. Minimum $110 for budget if near tube need to pay more
nivlac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #26

Which area to stay in London? First time to London

Hi,

Any kind soul able to recommend the area to stay in London which is easier to move around?

TQVM
TravelJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #27

Paddington, Queensway or bayswater

Paddington is like the train interchange
Queensway and bayswater are a nice little neighbourhood there’s direct bus from oxford/bond street after your shopping

Hi,

Any kind soul able to recommend the area to stay in London which is easier to move around?

TQVM
TravelJewel likes this.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #28
Supremacy Member

Try ibis earl court
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #29

How about your transport costs? Worth it to buy the 7 day unlimited travel pass or just keep topping up? There’s a cap of per day right
There is a cap a day. If you're going to take more than 3 trips a day u will likely hit the cap already. Depends on your duration you will be in london and if you will be taking the tube from heathrow to zone 1 and also what time you are arriving
Most SG -LHR flights arrive in the early morning like 5-6am. Any travel before 930am counts as a peak period trip. while your 1 way ticket cost the same, Presumably most ppl will be travelling around most of the day when you are in london.
this means if you dont buy a travel pass, your ticket for the day will be counted as a peak zone 1-6 travel pass which is like GBP12 for a day. The other days the off peak travel cap is about GBP 6+ for zone 1-2 which most ppl will be based in.
When I go to london for 5 days or more and I take the tube to the airport, I tend to buy a 1 week zone 1-2 travel card.This will work out at a cost of GBP33 for all my zone 1-2 travel. Once you have a travel pass, to extend the zone 2-6 journey, TFL only charges a GBP1.50 extra top up. So total cost of airport and within london travelling for 5-7 days is GBP36 flat. (U will need a oyster card and to put the travel pass on your oyster card for these rates)
If you are london for 4 days or less than PAYG on the oyster may not work out cheaper or comparable depending on the journeys you are planning to make

Last edited by orangemonkey88; 21-12-2017 at 11:42 PM..
orangemonkey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #30
Master Member

If I only take turn from airport to city and going to spend 4 days in London, what pass should i buy or just buy oyster pass. Also looking in how to buy cheap express train to city. thanks !

There is a cap a day. If you're going to take more than 3 trips a day u will likely hit the cap already. Depends on your duration you will be in london and if you will be taking the tube from heathrow to zone 1 and also what time you are arriving
Most SG -LHR flights arrive in the early morning like 5-6am. Any travel before 930am counts as a peak period trip. while your 1 way ticket cost the same, Presumably most ppl will be travelling around most of the day when you are in london.
this means if you dont buy a travel pass, your ticket for the day will be counted as a peak zone 1-6 travel pass which is like GBP12 for a day. The other days the off peak travel cap is about GBP 6+ for zone 1-2 which most ppl will be based in.
When I go to london for 5 days or more and I take the tube to the airport, I tend to buy a 1 week zone 1-2 travel card.This will work out at a cost of GBP33 for all my zone 1-2 travel. Once you have a travel pass, to extend the zone 2-6 journey, TFL only charges a GBP1.50 extra top up. So total cost of airport and within london travelling for 5-7 days is GBP36 flat.
If you are london for 4 days or less than PAYG on the oyster may not work out cheaper or comparable depending on the journeys you are planning to make
droozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.