HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help in London, i might be able to help you

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #76
Arch-Supremacy Member

try giffgaff or three.. both have unlimited data package for 30 days.. three connection is better though....
Thanks! Tried gift gaff. Not bad except for certain tube lines where connections are unstable. Other than that, not bad. I also have EE line to play safe which is stable and reliable too in London.
mige16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #77

Check your PM.

Anyone traveling to UK and Europe can PM me for free SIM cards which will have data for countries in UK and Europe. Delivered to your SG address and free £5 credits. (for reference, a 4gb 1 month plan is £12). It's more expensive to buy at Heathrow as the SIM itself is not free already.
Hi

I am travelling to UK and Europe in Oct/Nov.
I dont have 10 post count could you pm me instead?
Thank you.
kengkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #78

Hi. I have a 4 friends who intend to study in London for 6 months @ UCL. But the hostel etc is extremely expensive. Any recommendation for places with direct train to UCL?
helloworld321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #79

Theres a lot of hostel along Tavistock Square behind UCL
Old 10-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #80
Master Member

Is shepherd’s bush area a good place to stay base for 6 nights? First time to London so will be visiting all the tourist traps around London. Might also wana do day trip to bath, Stonehenge , Oxford and Cambridge.
ralphlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #81

Primark

I heard about Primark. It is said to b a fantastic place to shop and buy stuff. But the one near to Hyde Park, I heard is very packed. Do u recommend for me to go there or should I go somewhere else instead? Heard there are Primarks in other shopping centres too...

Thanks in advance.
Old 18-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #82

I heard about Primark. It is said to b a fantastic place to shop and buy stuff. But the one near to Hyde Park, I heard is very packed. Do u recommend for me to go there or should I go somewhere else instead? Heard there are Primarks in other shopping centres too...

Thanks in advance.
Bro, all same one. Just donít go on weekends if you can. Beside Tottenham Court Road station also got a big one. Just go whichever is convenient for you
zinedine likes this.
adgjl321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #83

Plan a 12 days to Europe tour next year.. read from internet that western is better than Eastern part...So I suppose will follow toward this direction for 13days... safety wise it is danger to walk on the street during night time. and any good packages deal from local agents.. Don't much to follow tour too. newbie
Windowlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #84

Bro, all same one. Just donít go on weekends if you can. Beside Tottenham Court Road station also got a big one. Just go whichever is convenient for you
Thank you for your kind advice, sir. Will not join the maddening crowd then.

What's your take on Selfridges dept store? Do u think it is a "must go"? I m planning to visit Harrods though...
Old 19-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #85

Thank you for your kind advice, sir. Will not join the maddening crowd then.

What's your take on Selfridges dept store? Do u think it is a "must go"? I m planning to visit Harrods though...
What are you looking to buy?
Old 20-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #86

What are you looking to buy?
To be honest, nothing in particular. Just that I read it is a high-end dept store. The British pound is already pricey, let alone buying high-end stuff!

Cos I saw from the map that it is way off from Harrods... so I m not sure if it is worth visiting...

When I did my homework, I realised there are a lot of good places to visit in London such as Museums, Markets, Parks etc...
Old 25-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #87

To be honest, nothing in particular. Just that I read it is a high-end dept store. The British pound is already pricey, let alone buying high-end stuff!

Cos I saw from the map that it is way off from Harrods... so I m not sure if it is worth visiting...

When I did my homework, I realised there are a lot of good places to visit in London such as Museums, Markets, Parks etc...
The British pound is at a 10 year low, if you're looking to buy branded you save so much more... + tax refund

Harrod's and Selfridges are all fairly high end, so if you don't plan on buying anything then also no point going unless you're in the area and want to see see
Old 29-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #88

The British pound is at a 10 year low, if you're looking to buy branded you save so much more... + tax refund

Harrod's and Selfridges are all fairly high end, so if you don't plan on buying anything then also no point going unless you're in the area and want to see see
Thanks for the reply. I might just spend some pounds on a branded good for myself or the wife.

On the other hand, I might give Selfridges a miss. May just take a bus ride and see their windows display instead. I think a trip to Harrod's would be enough as an experience. Thanks again!

I'd rather spend time in the free museums in London with the kids instead. They wouldn't get to buy stuff there. Haha!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:37 AM   #89
Supremacy Member

Bank of England not changing old coins, which I still have some left. So it's as good as useless now?
MaoZeDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #90

Dear All,

London Travel Card & London Oyster Card - what the differences ya?
new_bie is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.