Pound Exchange Rate

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it advisable to carry 1K pounds?

As pickpocket is very common in Europe. Although I feel uk is generally quite alright compared to Paris and Rome. I don't carry so much cash with me and I don't use wallet over there. I just bring enough for the money that I going to use that day. My trip over there were usually winter and everything is underneath my winter jacket.

khenwooi1

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of musical tickets in London using my Citibank credit card. 104.5GBP = 196.19 SGD. Exchange rate is 1.877. Seems better than what you can get from the money changer.

khenwooi1

Reaction score
i got it at the raffles arcade money changer. changed to about 400ish pounds and received it all in 20 dollars note.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the money changers are quoting very wide spreads now. Almost 1000pips...
Wouldn't change if I'm you.. unless you are really urgent...

Even credit card is giving much better rates (because they use bank rates + admin charges)... yesterday i bought something in pound and the rate is 1.84+

So that's how bad it is right now for money changers. Too much uncertainty.. wait till market stabilize then the spread will narrow

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spot is 1.79 now and using mustafa as example, they are quoting 1.77/1.87

I think you can get better rates by buying pound from someone in the queue who wants to change his pound to sgd. You can quote him a mid rate of 1.82.

Both side also win compare to the money changer rate. Lol

MilesTeh

Reaction score
Changed my pounds too early at 1.895 last Friday at the moneychanger at Woodlands Mrt station. :( Still have some amount to change, hopefully the rate will drop again.

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changed my pounds too early at 1.895 last Friday at the moneychanger at Woodlands Mrt station. :( Still have some amount to change, hopefully the rate will drop again.

This kind of things are like this. Nobody knows, be happy that you didnt buy it at 2.0 for a trip later this year.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any chance of pounds dropping further? arcade is selling @1.775, last check on sat.

wanna change some for future visit.

ping56

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the exchange rate for pounds at arcade better than DBS now? DBS is around 1.75

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have some left when I bought at 2.0 ish.. 700pounds. That sucks but well. Getting another 1000sgd worth of GBP for my next vacation end of the year. Sometimes by u gain sometimes u dont.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like pounds is recovering.. planning to change some pounds to keep for my future trip in 2 years' time.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nw the pounds seems to b hovering at £1=SGD$1.8... tink last mth I changed at $1.75...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.