HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Trip to europe - looking out for airline promotions

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #31

I am checking out the Qatar promotion as well. Will be travelling in March but have not booked tickets yet. Took a quick look, 3 pax travelling from Sin to Lon for approx $3.3k, good price?

First time flying to Europe, intending to stay around for around 2 weeks. Need some advice here!
scorpiokeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 12:09 AM   #32

I am checking out the Qatar promotion as well. Will be travelling in March but have not booked tickets yet. Took a quick look, 3 pax travelling from Sin to Lon for approx $3.3k, good price?

First time flying to Europe, intending to stay around for around 2 weeks. Need some advice here!
pretty cheap. i bought slightly below 1k each but that was about 3 weeks ago
Old 14-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #33

not the cheapest but cheap
sheldoncooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try checking Emirates. Around 3.3k as well but supposedly a better airline.

Check out KLM as well. They're having a promo currently. Depending on which day you fly out, you can get a tix for under 1k each (usually weekdays).

:Later,
Old 14-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #35
Master Member

The promotions for KLM and Qatar seems rather attractive, but the downside is that KLM uses the 3-4-3 seat configuration for their B77W planes and newer/refitted B772 planes (just like the 3-4-3 configuration in Emirates and Etihad B777 planes) on SG bound flights, and Qatar uses the 3-3-3 seat configuration on B788 planes on SG bound flights. So you may want to consider that as well, especially for mid to long-haul flights.
orionmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

lots of comparison between emirates and qatar, i research and read review a bit on both too.. i think both seems to be top notch airline in term of service and having high ranking in top airline every year.

emirates seems to be more luxury and branded airline, of course price is higher too. Transit in dubai, review says that airport quite good to spend time.

qatar lower price and review that they have more leg space which is good for long haul flight. downside is previously transit in doha airport is bad.. but now with new airport might be better?
SibehEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #37

What is the general take on Klm? Are their flights very old? See that sometimes they uses air France plane. Which one better
ziplockbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #38
Supremacy Member

Qatar got promo. Transit Doha.
m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #39

What is the general take on Klm? Are their flights very old? See that sometimes they uses air France plane. Which one better
personally i took a couple of KLM flights before and i honestly couldn't ask for more. haha! perhaps because other flights i took were ryanair/sas/norwegian etc., which are all budget airline. haha! I've never taken air france before so i can't give u a good comparison between the two, but KLM alone i would say its good, conditions, services & food offered were alright
xrubiksx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #40

personally i took a couple of KLM flights before and i honestly couldn't ask for more. haha! perhaps because other flights i took were ryanair/sas/norwegian etc., which are all budget airline. haha! I've never taken air france before so i can't give u a good comparison between the two, but KLM alone i would say its good, conditions, services & food offered were alright
by KLM is not cheap, i check them out sums up to abt 1.7k for multi city .. take SQ sua!
lugia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #41
High Supremacy Member

Wanted to try Emirates because I haven't been to ME, even if it's transit only but could probably try Shake Shack? Hahaha.

First time to Europe, in fact only Paris for a week.

Booked MAS because it was the cheapest at $889, few days ago. Considering all other alternatives for Paris is about 1.1k at least. Emirates/Etihad/Qatar all 1.1k+ and AirFrance was 1080 IIRC.
charleslin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #42

I have taken KLM before, and will be again this Feb... I would say it's better airline for European airlines but compared to Emirates/Qatar and SQ, it does not do well with the entertainment part. Frankly, I don't want to go through CDG, unless I am going to Paris.
alpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #43

Are their planes very old? Was quite shocked to see their price more ex than Emirates
ziplockbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

KLM service is good. Aircraft I didn't really feel anything good or bad about it. It was an overnight flight both ways. So I just slept.

I was sitting beside 2 guys who won't stop talking though it was already 2am. Had ear plugs and they didn't work. I got so fed up, changed my seat, though I had the first row seat with legroom. When I woke up and went to the toilet, the flight attendant actually asked if I slept better/well!
Old 15-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #45

by KLM is not cheap, i check them out sums up to abt 1.7k for multi city .. take SQ sua!
haha! i took them when they had sales..so its really cheap..thats why I'm quite happy with their service with the price i paid
xrubiksx is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.