in that case maybe, I will consider as follows

31/3
Morning - Pisa
0953 -1110(FirenzeSMN ->Pisa S.Ross)

Afternoon - The Mall
1339 - 1558(Pisa S.Ross -> Rignano S/A)

1/4
Cinque Terra(full day)

I have checked the schedule using ItaliaRail and Trenitalia web. Do I have to prebook the above tickets and will the price increase later on?
(previously i booked my rails in between cities using ItaliaRail)
However ItaliaRail can only be use if there is direct train, it does not recommend an alternative to transfer if needeed.

At the ItaliaRail website while booking, The Fare rules stated that
**This train has unreserved seating. Ticket can be validated for use until 2 months after purchase date.
No changes are allowed to departure or arrival station, route, class of service, or number of passengers....

Does it mean that even if the purchase/book the tickets are a specific date and timing, I can still use the tickets any date or timing,
example if i missed my train?

Avizoa

Reaction score
in that case maybe, I will consider as follows

31/3
Morning - Pisa
0953 -1110(FirenzeSMN ->Pisa S.Ross)

Afternoon - The Mall
1339 - 1558(Pisa S.Ross -> Rignano S/A)

1/4
Cinque Terra(full day)

I have checked the schedule using ItaliaRail and Trenitalia web. Do I have to prebook the above tickets and will the price increase later on?
(previously i booked my rails in between cities using ItaliaRail)
However ItaliaRail can only be use if there is direct train, it does not recommend an alternative to transfer if needeed.

At the ItaliaRail website while booking, The Fare rules stated that
**This train has unreserved seating. Ticket can be validated for use until 2 months after purchase date.
No changes are allowed to departure or arrival station, route, class of service, or number of passengers....

Does it mean that even if the purchase/book the tickets are a specific date and timing, I can still use the tickets any date or timing,
example if i missed my train?

You can still get saver tickets as long it is the day before the trip. However if you get on the day itself expect to pay full price.

But if your trip only consist of regional trains i.e no intercity trains don't bother to book online and get them at the station on the day itself.

if you get regional tickets at the station for regional line from A to E. Your ticket is valid for 6 hours after validation which means that you can travel to B C D before the 6 hours is up. Just hop down and off the train. This is great for visiting multiple small town together as a day trip.

You can seek help from the train staff if you miss a connection due to delay in the previous train.

Last edited:

cool_ocean11

Reaction score
You can still get saver tickets as long it is the day before the trip. However if you get on the day itself expect to pay full price.

But if your trip only consist of regional trains i.e no intercity trains don't bother to book online and get them at the station on the day itself.

if you get regional tickets at the station for regional line from A to E. Your ticket is valid for 6 hours after validation which means that you can travel to B C D before the 6 hours is up. Just hop down and off the train. This is great for visiting multiple small town together as a day trip.

You can seek help from the train staff if you miss a connection due to delay in the previous train.

Just to confirm, i check that the ticket to Firenze SMN to Pisa S R is regional(but it didn't mention which regional line)
But it doesn't matter i can still use the same ticket to Rignano sull'Arno and to the The Mall. Most likely i will need to get a fresh ticket again back to Firenze if i don't intend to take the SITA bus. Is that correct?

Why i can't find graphical maps of which stations belong to which regional line? Lol

Avizoa

Reaction score
Just to confirm, i check that the ticket to Firenze SMN to Pisa S R is regional(but it didn't mention which regional line)
But it doesn't matter i can still use the same ticket to Rignano sull'Arno and to the The Mall. Most likely i will need to get a fresh ticket again back to Firenze if i don't intend to take the SITA bus. Is that correct?

Why i can't find graphical maps of which stations belong to which regional line? Lol

Yes you can use your tickets from firenze to rignano and drop off at pisa halfway and continue the trip to rignano after pisa as long it is with in the validation period.

You cant find which stations belong to which regional line because I'm using the letters as example. As long you see the train used is Regionale you are good to go.

And yes you need to purchase another ticket if you are heading back the other direction.

Reaction score
Oh wow, Do_As_Infinity, I'll also be heading to Rome this weekend on the same "scenario" as you, Sat Sun Mon.

Can make use of your thread to research about it and plan my itinerary.

So only Colosseum and Vatican City needs tickets?

From what I research, these 3 places need to pre-book tickets in advance - Colosseum, Vatican City and Borghese Gallery.

I'm not too sure what other place of interests need ticket. If they do require ticket can just buy on the spot.

Have fun mate, enjoy your trip.

kaysee

Reaction score
I'm going there on a half day trip and back to Florence.
I'm probably going to Space outlet and The Mall the next day. Are the price for Prada same in both places? If The Mall have most of the collection,maybe will skip Space outlet. We will mostly likely will get a hand bag and a wallet. Not sure worth the trouble of going dwn Space

Can't remember. It was 3 years ago. But we went to both because by the time I reached the space around lunch time, whole bunch of China tourist grabbed those Prada bags, left those with stains, or not nice one and so on. If I remember correctly, shld be around same price.

fitlies

Reaction score

wanderlex

Reaction score
Got it guys, thanks for the clarification! Btw, reckon a guided tour for this is really worth the money or free-and-easy will be best?

Sorry... never follow tour before. Can't help you on this. But I guess if you are big on history then a guide will be much more comprehensive plus local insights.

Avizoa

Reaction score
Got it guys, thanks for the clarification! Btw, reckon a guided tour for this is really worth the money or free-and-easy will be best?
Go for the underground tour if you are fascinated by the history of colosseo. This is also the only way to see the third tier and underground section of colosseo.

If you just want to say u been to colosseo on social media I won't even suggest u go in cause you will get bored of it quickly. Just snap a picture of it at night from the outside.

Last edited:

darrenh

Reaction score
I've gone for the guided tour of the underground and 3rd tier (top tier) a few years back which you can't enter by normal ticket. A good experience I would say, coz you represent less than 1% of the total visitors! The tour is abt 45min and after that you can still stay in the arena free and easy for as long as you want. One thing to note is that there is allocated timings for the tour and it starts on time so you cannot be late.

pjs

Reaction score
Yes you can use your tickets from firenze to rignano and drop off at pisa halfway and continue the trip to rignano after pisa as long it is with in the validation period.

You cant find which stations belong to which regional line because I'm using the letters as example. As long you see the train used is Regionale you are good to go.

And yes you need to purchase another ticket if you are heading back the other direction.

Think Rignano and Pisa are on opposite sides of Firenze?
So need separate train tickets?

Avizoa

Reaction score
Think Rignano and Pisa are on opposite sides of Firenze?
So need separate train tickets?

Yes you are right. Much apologies for not knowing that pisa is not on the way to rignano.

My scenario works only if pisa is on the way from firenze to rignano.

Basically Regionale tickets has only have information of departure and arrival stations. Therefore your tickets becomes active once you validate it. That's why you can go down and up from the Trai with in that 6hrs as long the stop are on the way to start and finish stated on the tickets.

Hope I'm not confusing anyone further :(

Last edited:

fitlies

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanna do a quick shoutout to those who have been replying to my queries with regards to Italy. I just got back recently and it has been wonderful for me; hopefully the same for some others in this thread who was there during the same time as well.

Happy to share any questions which may be bugging those who are going soon, while they are still fresh on my mind! :s13:

wanderlex

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanna do a quick shoutout to those who have been replying to my queries with regards to Italy. I just got back recently and it has been wonderful for me; hopefully the same for some others in this thread who was there during the same time as well.

Happy to share any questions which may be bugging those who are going soon, while they are still fresh on my mind! :s13:

Nice to hear that you had a wonderful trip :)

boxybaby

Reaction score
Just sharing , we went to The Mall at florence and manage to grab a Miu Miu Madras bag in medium at 550 euros and prada mens wallet at 195 euros at such a steal! This does not include the tax refund u can get at The Mall directly. Now at rome and the weather is quite warm in the noon and gets abit chilly at night ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.