HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ukraine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 01:06 AM   #1

Ukraine

hi,
I am planing to travel to Ukraine mid Nov and would like to visit another country nearby too.

any suggestion and why?

i plan about 12 days in total, but will spend at least one week in Ukraine
wongdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
Master Member

Belarus should be nice. Haven't been to either but I got Chernobyl syndrome lately. Besides, it's near.

Otherwise poland, if you're into history and haven't been. Or romania. I feel eastern europe has a different charm and also cheaper expenses.

Curious where your flight stopover is?
saffronsatire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #3

Main problem with Belarus is you need to fly in and out of Minsk Airport to get visa-free access.

By plane you can visit Belarus or Romania. Else if you want to go by train you can try Poland (Warsaw / Krakow) or Hungary (Budapest / Eger).
jcyskr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 02:41 AM   #4

Chernobyl is the main highlight to visit Ukraine Kiev. Is there direct flight fr Sg to Kiev I check all got stopover
Old 17-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
Master Member

Chernobyl is the main highlight to visit Ukraine Kiev. Is there direct flight fr Sg to Kiev I check all got stopover
Doubt so, eastern europe mostly no, I checked before. Unless you fly to poland via LOT then go to ukraine.
saffronsatire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #6

Interestingly, you can fly Ukraine International from Bangkok to Kiev.
beanstalk6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #7

If you are visiting Poland or Lithuania, you could also visit Brest and Grodno regions of Belarus visa free 15 days - catch is that you must book a pre-approved tour or assistance from a local tour operator. Also need valid insurance. Another catch is registration with migration police if staying longer than 5 days.

https://belarusfeed.com/belarus-exte...sa-free-zones/

I’m planning to enter Ukraine (Odessa) from Romania/Moldova this October, spending about a week then flying into Minsk
cqwrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM   #8

If you are visiting Poland or Lithuania, you could also visit Brest and Grodno regions of Belarus visa free 15 days - catch is that you must book a pre-approved tour or assistance from a local tour operator. Also need valid insurance. Another catch is registration with migration police if staying longer than 5 days.

https://belarusfeed.com/belarus-exte...sa-free-zones/

Iím planning to enter Ukraine (Odessa) from Romania/Moldova this October, spending about a week then flying into Minsk

U travel alone? Can tag along?
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #9

Yup travelling solo. Are your travel dates flexible though? Mine aren’t (would like to cover the 3 main cities Odesa, L’viv and Kyiv plus squeeze in side trips if possible), and have already booked onward flight to Belarus. I have already done up a Ukraine itinerary something like this:

D1 - Odessa (arrive late morning)
D2 - Odessa side trip, to L’viv overnight by train
D3 - L’viv full day
D4 - L’viv to Chernivtsi (visit first half of day), then Kamianets-Podilskyi or Khotyn fortress (second half of day, may KIV join guided tour), overnight train to Kyiv
D5 - Kyiv
D6 - Chernobyl side trip (only with tour agency, no independent travel)
D7 - Kyiv, flight to Minsk late afternoon

U travel alone? Can tag along?
cqwrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.