www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Europe (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/europe-277/)
-   -   What's the best airline to fly to London? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/europe-277/whats-best-airline-fly-london-6077125.html)

punggolkid 01-03-2020 03:49 PM

Since no one has mentioned, Iíd like to recommend British Airways. Itís a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isnít that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isnít as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.

yxerin 01-03-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hithere1 (Post 125433471)
would like to know too, for my trip in late march

I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

hithere1 02-03-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yxerin (Post 125461954)
I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

Thank you for sharing this, reassures me to hear that

hithere1 02-03-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punggolkid (Post 125454011)
Since no one has mentioned, Iíd like to recommend British Airways. Itís a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isnít that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isnít as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.

Had past experience with BA12 A380, no complains, works for me

For a direct flight to LHR, I've been looking at BA and SQ, and BA is usually 30-40% cheaper

side note: With BA's recent cut in frequency on the SIN-LHR route, my A380 flight as been cancelled and will need to change my flight to the 777. Would you recommend any seats in particular? Am concerned with the noise and the amount of sleep I can get in

emo3lmo 02-03-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Ahh thats good
Heading over to edinburgh in 3 days time and making my way down to london from there.. hope all is well

natas 02-03-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info, I might be heading to London follows by Birmingham.