HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What's the best airline to fly to London?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #16

Since no one has mentioned, Iíd like to recommend British Airways. Itís a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isnít that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isnít as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.
punggolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:51 PM   #17

would like to know too, for my trip in late march
I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.
yxerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #18

I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.
Thank you for sharing this, reassures me to hear that
hithere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:28 PM   #19

Since no one has mentioned, Iíd like to recommend British Airways. Itís a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isnít that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isnít as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.
Had past experience with BA12 A380, no complains, works for me

For a direct flight to LHR, I've been looking at BA and SQ, and BA is usually 30-40% cheaper

side note: With BA's recent cut in frequency on the SIN-LHR route, my A380 flight as been cancelled and will need to change my flight to the 777. Would you recommend any seats in particular? Am concerned with the noise and the amount of sleep I can get in
hithere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

Ahh thats good
Heading over to edinburgh in 3 days time and making my way down to london from there.. hope all is well
emo3lmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:16 PM   #21

Thanks for the info, I might be heading to London follows by Birmingham.
natas is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.