www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Europe (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/europe-277/)
-   -   What's the best airline to fly to London? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/europe-277/whats-best-airline-fly-london-6077125.html)

Caesar 12-07-2019 12:37 PM

What's the best airline to fly to London?
 
Hi all,

What's your take on the best airline to fly to London?

Tks! 😊

Avizoa 12-07-2019 01:10 PM

the cheapest one is the best one unless you are looking for experience?

Caesar 12-07-2019 01:16 PM

Experience

galacticnick 12-07-2019 05:49 PM

then SQ suites.

newuserid 12-07-2019 05:57 PM

emirates, cheaper than sq but need to stopover at dubai for 2+ hrs. can grab a shake shack before re-boarding

deodorant 30-07-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesar (Post 121703677)
What's your take on the best airline to fly to London?

SQ in first class / suites lo. Direct flight no need waste time transit in the middle east.

MaoZeDuo 10-09-2019 04:42 AM

Just flew with Qatar, stop over at Doha... Good experience except that one of my hard shell luggage had a large dent in... No other complaints...

rs13dude78 07-11-2019 04:28 PM

Best Airline to fly from Singapore to London will of course be SIA. No need to waste time transit and especially if you have young children.

Ticket are selling for under $1k from SIA Promo during August 2019 for traveling next year. Just look out for Promo again to get those cheap tickets.

joannerockzxc 27-11-2019 03:15 PM

I flew a couple of airlines before, and I like Turkish best. Its a 11hrs+4hrs leg so 1st leg = sleep and 2nd leg can enjoy movies and eat before landing at LHR. Use the transit time to walk around and rest before continuing the journey. If you want a seamless direct journey, you can choose SQ. If you want a 7hr+7hr flight time then you can choose Emirates. It really depends on your preference, and if you are travelling with any young or old. Otherwise, it would depend on how much you want to pay, and how long are you willing to sit.

casualtraveller 16-01-2020 08:16 AM

Besides SQ, Qantas is also direct flight from SG-London.

jasperbln 16-01-2020 10:40 AM

Emirates, currently they are doing very well

icebear123 28-01-2020 03:35 PM

any one tried Turkish air?

stanleyluilai 26-02-2020 09:56 PM

I like Qatar but you can't use them currently. :(

emo3lmo 29-02-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyluilai (Post 125389321)
I like Qatar but you can't use them currently. :(

Why not ah? I got upcoming trip with them this coming week to london
Sian now considering to cancel the trip
Is the people there v hostile to tourist? Asian in general?
Knn we got the same skin as prc.. scare kena targeted

hithere1 29-02-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emo3lmo (Post 125430992)
Why not ah? I got upcoming trip with them this coming week to london
Sian now considering to cancel the trip
Is the people there v hostile to tourist? Asian in general?
Knn we got the same skin as prc.. scare kena targeted

would like to know too, for my trip in late march

punggolkid 01-03-2020 03:49 PM

Since no one has mentioned, Iíd like to recommend British Airways. Itís a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isnít that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isnít as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.

yxerin 01-03-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hithere1 (Post 125433471)
would like to know too, for my trip in late march

I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

hithere1 02-03-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yxerin (Post 125461954)
I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

Thank you for sharing this, reassures me to hear that

hithere1 02-03-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punggolkid (Post 125454011)
Since no one has mentioned, Iíd like to recommend British Airways. Itís a non-stop flight to LHR and I really like the comfort of their economy class / premium economy class seats. If possible, choose the economy class seats on the A380 upper deck. Alternatively the economy class seats on the 777-300ER are the same and just as good. Depends on which aircraft type you like to fly. Both are spacious but the A380 is a lot quieter. Catering is decent but then again SQ isnít that fantastic these days so not really a point for comparison.

Weak points: IFE isnít as good as Krisworld on SQ. Toiletries are non-existent in the economy class cabin unlike SQ.

Then again, BA fares are often cheaper than SQ for the 11pm red eye flights to LHR.

Had past experience with BA12 A380, no complains, works for me

For a direct flight to LHR, I've been looking at BA and SQ, and BA is usually 30-40% cheaper

side note: With BA's recent cut in frequency on the SIN-LHR route, my A380 flight as been cancelled and will need to change my flight to the 777. Would you recommend any seats in particular? Am concerned with the noise and the amount of sleep I can get in

emo3lmo 02-03-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yxerin (Post 125461954)
I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

Ahh thats good
Heading over to edinburgh in 3 days time and making my way down to london from there.. hope all is well

natas 02-03-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yxerin (Post 125461954)
I'm based in London. So far, nobody seems to be outwardly bothered about coronavirus. Nobody is wearing masks, and sanitisers are readily available and well-stocked in the pharmacies. I haven't heard or seen hostile behaviour towards tourists. If there's hostile behaviour, it's more likely to be usual London behaviour (e.g. a tsk if you block other people on the escalators) rather than specific behaviour towards tourists.

It's business as usual. Chinatown continues to as vibrant as always. Perhaps things might change if the virus starts spreading throughout the community.

Thanks for the info, I might be heading to London follows by Birmingham.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.