Will SQ transfer my luggage to BA in LHR ??

5adisticD3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am going from SG to Belfast
this will be taking SQ to london then transfer BA to Belfast

SQ > LHR > BA

The travel agency tell me that i need to check out and collect lugguage at LHR terminal 5, then make my way to terminal 2 and check in BA.
IS THIS TRUE ??
My layover time is 2.20hr nia, not enough right??

I have colleague say no need leh, is will transfer your luggage over from SQ to BA but his one is like quite some years ago, dun know got change or not.
Call SQ check, tell me on that day check with counter.... lagi best.
Call BA, hang up after waiting for 30 minutes

anyone done this kinda trip recently can advise mah??

callmeaston

Reaction score

SQ > LHR > BA

The travel agency tell me that i need to check out and collect lugguage at LHR terminal 5, then make my way to terminal 2 and check in BA.
IS THIS TRUE ??

I have colleague say no need leh, is will transfer your luggage over from SQ to BA but his one is like quite some years ago, dun know got change or not.

Yeah la bro, might follow the route. Better call to be sure.

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score

SQ > LHR > BA

IS THIS TRUE ??

Hi I don't think your flight is under same booking for both SIA and BA right which mean you need to clear immigration collect luggage and check in again. 2.20hrs is really too short for connecting to be honest if slight delay from SIN only good luck to you even if you make it to the flight, your luggage might not make it.

jcyskr

Reaction score
There's no guarantee that SQ will check your luggage all the way to Belfast if they're on separate tickets (although they may have the capability to do so - this is probably why SQ asked you to check with the counter on the day). If your luggage isn't checked through to Belfast, you will have to go through LHR immigration to get to your bags. Even if your luggage is checked through you might still have to go through LHR immigration anyway because UK and Ireland are part of the Common Travel Area.

Fortunately you can use the e-gates at LHR to save some time but still it will be very tight...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.