NTU PhD Student: Share an unhappy experience from the Dynasty Travel

zhongxiaoshi

Reaction score
My name is Xiaoshi Zhong, a PhD student at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). This post is to share an unhappy experience from a travel agent called Dynasty Travel.

Summary: Dynasty Travel needs more than 7 months to refund cancelled tickets and tells a lot of words conflicting with themselves; what they said seems like a liar.

Ask for help: Is there any government organization that I can make a complain on Dynasty Travel Agent?

Dynasty Travel was ever NTU's appointed travel agent (until Feb 2018), and I booked returned tickets to Vancouver to attend an academic conference through them last year (July 2017). But because of limited time to apply a visa, my visa was not approved. So I asked them to cancel my tickets and they said on 31-July-2017 that they have helped cancel my tickets but the refund requires 3-6 months. (Their words: "I have been process refund for your ticket. The procedure need to waiting within 3-6 months.")

During the period of from August 2017 to Feb 2018, I asked them several times about that refund, and they said on 06-Sep-2017 that the refund was in process. (Their words: "The refund is during progress. My finance just refer the airlines, the refund procedure need to within 3-6 months. If refund back early from airlines, I will contact you.")

I asked our HR for help about that refund issue on 17-Feb-2018 because I need to transfer to other department and it is already more than 6 months (end of July 2017 to Feb 2018). But surprisingly, the Dynasty Travel said that the refund started from 29-Sep-2017, not from the end of July 2017. (Their words: "For the refund produce take 3-6 months is our policy with airlines .The refund produce will calculate from your acknowledge via email on 29SEP17 as below, is not calculate from JUL17. We received your acknowledge and started on OCT2017 process your refund. Your refund will be back around on MAR2018 or APR2018.")

I then showed them the email records how they said they have processed my refund on 31-July-2017 and 06-Sep-2017. Guess what they said? They said they did not process that refund because of waiting reply from Airlines. (Their words: "Regarding email on end of Jul17, as we are still pending reply from airlines head office on the exact cancellation fee, refund has not been processed yet. We processed the refund after airlines replied and email acknowledgement from traveller.")

I called the hotline of airline (Eva Airline: +65-62261533), and the airline told me that they will process the bills with agents regularly, every two to four weeks. The Eva Airline said that they will not process a refund more than 2 months.

So the Dynasty Travel totally tells lies, and until now they still do not refund the money to my account.

Smokey.B

Master Member
Reaction score
My name is Xiaoshi Zhong, a PhD student at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). This post is to share an unhappy experience from a travel agent called Dynasty Travel.

Summary: Dynasty Travel needs more than 7 months to refund cancelled tickets and tells a lot of words conflicting with themselves; what they said seems like a liar.

Ask for help: Is there any government organization that I can make a complain on Dynasty Travel Agent?

Dynasty Travel was ever NTU's appointed travel agent (until Feb 2018), and I booked returned tickets to Vancouver to attend an academic conference through them last year (July 2017). But because of limited time to apply a visa, my visa was not approved. So I asked them to cancel my tickets and they said on 31-July-2017 that they have helped cancel my tickets but the refund requires 3-6 months. (Their words: "I have been process refund for your ticket. The procedure need to waiting within 3-6 months.")

During the period of from August 2017 to Feb 2018, I asked them several times about that refund, and they said on 06-Sep-2017 that the refund was in process. (Their words: "The refund is during progress. My finance just refer the airlines, the refund procedure need to within 3-6 months. If refund back early from airlines, I will contact you.")

I asked our HR for help about that refund issue on 17-Feb-2018 because I need to transfer to other department and it is already more than 6 months (end of July 2017 to Feb 2018). But surprisingly, the Dynasty Travel said that the refund started from 29-Sep-2017, not from the end of July 2017. (Their words: "For the refund produce take 3-6 months is our policy with airlines .The refund produce will calculate from your acknowledge via email on 29SEP17 as below, is not calculate from JUL17. We received your acknowledge and started on OCT2017 process your refund. Your refund will be back around on MAR2018 or APR2018.")

I then showed them the email records how they said they have processed my refund on 31-July-2017 and 06-Sep-2017. Guess what they said? They said they did not process that refund because of waiting reply from Airlines. (Their words: "Regarding email on end of Jul17, as we are still pending reply from airlines head office on the exact cancellation fee, refund has not been processed yet. We processed the refund after airlines replied and email acknowledgement from traveller.")

I called the hotline of airline (Eva Airline: +65-62261533), and the airline told me that they will process the bills with agents regularly, every two to four weeks. The Eva Airline said that they will not process a refund more than 2 months.

So the Dynasty Travel totally tells lies, and until now they still do not refund the money to my account.

how much is the refund?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Didn't u buy travel insurance?

zhongxiaoshi

Reaction score
Didn't u buy travel insurance?
qhong61, thanks for suggestions. Next time I should consider to buy travel insurance. The Dynasty Travel was the university's appointed travel agent, and I booked tickets through them and did whatever they asked me to do. In my memory, I should not buy any travel insurance. Next time I think I will.

pdsubbu

Reaction score
qhong61, thanks for suggestions. Next time I should consider to buy travel insurance. The Dynasty Travel was the university's appointed travel agent, and I booked tickets through them and did whatever they asked me to do. In my memory, I should not buy any travel insurance. Next time I think I will.

Buying travel insurance has become the necessity these days and things going unsure during travel, it might become become a mess up.

Earlier, I had did the same mistake you did!

Reaction score
Also encountered the same problem before...

I booked with them my first trip to Japan back in 2014, because need a tour guide. Not really that bad, so I try to book my first trip to Taiwan, to show me around, guide explanation not that bad, no need research myself.

After I booked, the tour needs at least around minimum 23 person before can move off. They seems to didn't want to entertain me. The wait was around 6 weeks. The last around 3 weeks, then they informed tour cancelled because I was the only 1/23 in that tour. I was like if tour packages like this so sux, why put it online...

nvm, since it was them who wants to cancel, I able to take back my deposit.
I get to choose they put me somewhere else or I take the refund.
The refund takes around 4-6 weeks

nvm, i wait. After 6 months, no refund. I email them back, erhh.... my refund 6 months ago... Another staff entertained me, then next day I got my refund...

gosh, their staff whole building shake legs? I must chase them...

Ever since, I don't go by tour anymore... the points dynasty travel give, fuc it...

Reaction score
Buying travel insurance has become the necessity these days and things going unsure during travel, it might become become a mess up.

Earlier, I had did the same mistake you did!

Dynasty Travel let you sign one document that their agreement are in effect and you agreed with it.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
Dynasty travel has been removed from NTU as the appointed travel agent from 1feb2018 onwards.
I assume dynasty travel will be very reluctant to help you out since they are not holding any contract with NTU. Of course, assuming if their service quality is good, they might help but from your email, I doubt it as the money have been given to them a long time ago.

And like what the above post have mentioned, you should have bought some form of insurance (I believe the procedure when booking for an air ticket for the conference also stated buying a minimum amount of travel insurance). However, I am unsure if buying travel insurance will help you in getting a refund from travel agency due to a visa issue.

Sadly, I don't think there are any means for NTU or your department HR to help you to get back the money as there is no official departure to the conference destination.

And I believe you have posted this thread in the wrong forum.

pdsubbu

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind reply!

真夜中のパパ;113215202 said:
Dynasty Travel let you sign one document that their agreement are in effect and you agreed with it.

Thanks for the kind reply!

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next time book directly with airlines to cut out the travel agents and their antics

NTU can consider Highflyer program by Singapore Airlines http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/sq-corporate/highflyer-requirements/

Xcert

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

CASE/NATAS cannot help you?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Complain to CASE and NATAS.
Next time buy direct from SQ.
SQ service very good.
Pay more to have good night sleep.

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry your England abit terrible for a university student,

Tiong Kok ?

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He is PhD student. Next time can put Dr in front of his name.
What about you ? :s13:

:s13: :s13:
Ppl haven’t get PhD got bootlickers come suck his cock liao
Why don’t you go help him with his problem
Maybe he will reward you with a JBL position in his future company

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.