DELL STREAK USERS COME IN !!!

cueball1981

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I accidentally replace the menu option of the adwlauncher dockbar. Now I dont seem to be able to get it back

Lurzsan_07

Reaction score
hey guys...just got the Streak ystdy. Tot of selling it, but after playing with a demo unit at Starhub, decided to keep it. Hahahaha.

Anyone know where I can get the Otter series casing here in singapore?
It's be great if anyone knows...
cheers!

wengang

Reaction score
Colorize widgets and facebook login

Hi,

I like adw launcher combi with colorize widgets. But I cannot find a way to let login to facebook with the colorize widgets. It just shows blank after i try to login to facebook with colorize widgets. Anyone knows whether this is a bug? Btw, I can't use any facebook widgets other than the dell stage social stage widget and the default facebook widget that comes with facebook application.

screamice

Reaction score
hi guys.. do you know where we can find the stock rom pkg for our dell streaks?.. do you know if starhub provide these roms?.. i need it to flash my phone back to its original state..somehow its stuck under dell logo...

cosmothecat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my dell streak! i realise the battery cover very easy to slide open. does it happen to u all also?

My battery cover also slide open very easily when I first got my streak. Then later I realised that it was not pushed down and locked completely.

Just need to push it down harder until it is flushed with the body, before you push up to lock the cover.

benny888

Reaction score
Guys I accidentally replace the menu option of the adwlauncher dockbar. Now I dont seem to be able to get it back

On homescreen, right click select item you want to place on homescreen : at the top you will see several widgets - select the 4 square launcher drag to homescreen; then drag it down to dock

benny888

Reaction score
hi guys.. do you know where we can find the stock rom pkg for our dell streaks?.. do you know if starhub provide these roms?.. i need it to flash my phone back to its original state..somehow its stuck under dell logo...

Did you flash a cook rom ? Take battery out; wait for about 10 sec, put it back on
Go back to recovery mode ( press vol up/down n poe=wer same time ) : clear dalvik cache, cache and reboot
When you see the dell logo flicker it will change to a stationary dell logo - WAIT don't do anything ; sometimes depend on ghow much data you have you have to wait fastest 6 mins , most 15 minutes.
If still cannot, just try flash the zip file again. This time - besides clearing all cache, clear dat/factory reset. Then reboot - if it fail, never mind. Take battery out and redo the whole flash rom again. You should be OK
I have been flashing roms since the first day I got it - lost count already how many times I do it - these things sometimes happen .

Worse scenario - sent in back to Starhub to reflash ; no need worry they will charge you as long as you never try flash cook rom

Is yours baseband 322 - then can flash original HK rom back on it - check forum XDA for link for other official roms
If you have detail of baseband and rom build - I can try find for you the link

benny888

Reaction score
1.8.0 is even way much better - unbelievably super slick and smooth. Flash on top of 1.7.0 all your data remain intact

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys...just got the Streak ystdy. Tot of selling it, but after playing with a demo unit at Starhub, decided to keep it. Hahahaha.

Anyone know where I can get the Otter series casing here in singapore?
It's be great if anyone knows...
cheers!

ups:s12:
where I can get the Otter series casing here in singapore?

cueball1981

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.8.0 is even way much better - unbelievably super slick and smooth. Flash on top of 1.7.0 all your data remain intact

Serious!! im holding back on 1.8 now.. any issue with the gps on 1.8.. wht your setcpu setting? on 1.8

cueball1981

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bennybro me just flash 1.8 with battery mod.. hope it smooth like 1.7.. the tabmail really is better.

screamice

Reaction score
Did you flash a cook rom ? Take battery out; wait for about 10 sec, put it back on
Go back to recovery mode ( press vol up/down n poe=wer same time ) : clear dalvik cache, cache and reboot
When you see the dell logo flicker it will change to a stationary dell logo - WAIT don't do anything ; sometimes depend on ghow much data you have you have to wait fastest 6 mins , most 15 minutes.
If still cannot, just try flash the zip file again. This time - besides clearing all cache, clear dat/factory reset. Then reboot - if it fail, never mind. Take battery out and redo the whole flash rom again. You should be OK
I have been flashing roms since the first day I got it - lost count already how many times I do it - these things sometimes happen .

Worse scenario - sent in back to Starhub to reflash ; no need worry they will charge you as long as you never try flash cook rom

Is yours baseband 322 - then can flash original HK rom back on it - check forum XDA for link for other official roms
If you have detail of baseband and rom build - I can try find for you the link

Hi benny..i believed im on GAUS32013-EU .. my streak comes pre installed
with froyo 2.2 .. i think i mistakenly rooted the phone using a different file..now its
stuck on dell logo.. Do you know where i can find the stock recovery ? and the rom that i can flash it with??....i believed from xda wiki latest around 318,,319..322... Went down to starhub to ask them to reset my phone then the
customer service in told me to write my name/number coz they only do 1 to 1 exchange and told me they dont have any service center.....

is there any workaround for this?..

benny888

Reaction score
Bro, you got any problem with tabmail... mine just crash upon pulling mail..

I never use Tab mail or even the default mail. I deleted these. K9-Mail is still the best as it has so much more features - especially on size of content download, can set how often each account mail be check, can set whether keep or delwte mail on server, can adjust all fonts sizing from account name size, message header, to message titles and message content. And best of all is FREE. Use it and I don't think you want to use the simplistice Tab mail or default email. TAB mail only look nice - I also deleted it from my Galaxy Tab

benny888

Reaction score
Hi benny..i believed im on GAUS32013-EU .. my streak comes pre installed
with froyo 2.2 .. i think i mistakenly rooted the phone using a different file..now its
stuck on dell logo.. Do you know where i can find the stock recovery ? and the rom that i can flash it with??....i believed from xda wiki latest around 318,,319..322... Went down to starhub to ask them to reset my phone then the
customer service in told me to write my name/number coz they only do 1 to 1 exchange and told me they dont have any service center.....

is there any workaround for this?..

The lastest is 322 . Actually you can just flash the latest HK official rom - it comes with 322. Flashing this is different from flashing stephen. As is official StreakModrecovery or others recovery develop at XDA cannot be used. You need install stock recovery and flash it as update.pkg file. Download the rom from XDA. You can also refer exact steps how to do it, if you need - just refer to my blog. I wrote this after I help a friend to do it and later I did it too on my Dell

Last edited:

benny888

Reaction score
Serious!! im holding back on 1.8 now.. any issue with the gps on 1.8.. wht your setcpu setting? on 1.8

I don't use setCPU at all ; see no need. The stock 1 GHz is good enough for me. Those who want to play games might need the extra Ghz
GPS - never have problems with GPS since day one on stock and thro all the variations of Stephen's roms from 1.1.1 to 1.2 to 1,5 and 1.7, zand now 1.8. The GPS on the Dell is excellent ; btw I use Papago X5 and Sygic Aura

screamice

Reaction score
The lastest is 322 . Actually you can just flash the latest HK official rom - it comes with 322. Flashing this is different from flashing stephen. As is official StreakModrecovery or others recovery develop at XDA cannot be used. You need install stock recovery and flash it as update.pkg file. Download the rom from XDA. You can also refer exact steps how to do it, if you need - just refer to my blog. I wrote this after I help a friend to do it and later I did it too on my Dell

thanks benny...i went to check your blog, may i know which topic name or month
was this blog published?..the topics are quite a lot..thanks again

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.