EXSG 001 - Another local non-camera for those working in sensitive area

vche018

Reaction score
Just brought the phone on launch day 13 dec, quite a decent phone, running on android kitkat 4.4.2 .It is also dual sim. playing of candy crush and FIFA 15 was reasonable smooth. just that it not LTE supported,No NFC and the screen is a little bit small at 4.0. it have built in radio .I using the google now launcher and it works pretty sleek and smooth.Overall it the highest spec in term of non camera smartphone in the market.

vche018

Reaction score
Oh ya battery life one whole day out left with 19% with moderately whatsapp,Facebook,surf net and watching videos

chiawy

Reaction score
How about the GPS? Smartphone equip with Mediatek processor are well known for bad GPS accuracy

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I played awhile with my colleague new toy.
Screen is small (4 inch) but colour display is decent, better than Ino2 saturated screen.
Build is good, almost like dropped proof. With 2GB ram, wont be as laggy as other non camera phone. Good upgrade for those using ino one, huawei, phicomm phones.

chiawy

Reaction score
JUST played with my colleague's exsg001. Quite a decent phone, The display remind me of Ino One.

Was surprised that a plastic casing and tampered glass screen protector was thrown in.

Very tempted to drop his phone to see if the screen crack like Ino 2, but never did so as it's not my phone.

VBlaster

Reaction score
Is it only available from SGHiTech directly, or is it available from retailers already?

vche018

Reaction score
You can brought from them direct i think it 315 anyway they do home delivery also :) without extra charges

VBlaster

Reaction score
Got it from them direct. It's probably about the best non cam phones around for use in the red zones. 2Gb RAM and 16 Gb ROM. Pretty good.

kenji_85

Reaction score
just got my piece from sghitech directly and very luckily to meet aaron the man behind the phone... understand his direction for this phone and such.. pretty nice guy and wanted to push more and better phones in the future.. as of now we have the EXSG-001..

1st of all... my impression of the phone is just another 'china' phone rebrand by sg company... then i when i get to see my friend which he happen to got it 2 weeks back.. i was surprised by the build quality and the accessories that came with it. it was solid and it feels good on the hand comparing with my ino scout which is big and bulky...

looking deeper, the phone has a dual sim "duh~" but its using 2 different size card together side by side nt stacking on top of each other.. good planning coming with a normal sim and a micro sim slot which both can be use for 3G. the scout had a bit of a issues if u use 2 sim and both adapter.. either both dont read or 1 reads.. nice...

the back cover is glossy white with a company logo which i told aaron it really sux and he kind of agree but theres a story behind it.. if you guys get a chance to ask him you will laugh it out..

anyway booting up with android kit kiat, 4.4.2, the phone is almost free of bloat which is another plus.. no backup app, nor cleaner app which looks like a very clean rom to start with... phone was snappy with mtk 6582 cpu and a super big 2gb ram.. its wonderful for me and i suppose most of the guys who has been stuck with 1gb ram like forever...

one thing ino didnt do good was the damn internal storage of the phone which comes with 4gb divided into 1gb phone and 2 gb internal. WTF man.. after some app installed, you are pretty much left with a few hundreds of MB which has to be cleared now and then for app updates... its the same goes for the scout 2 which comes 16gb and abt 4gb phone and 10gb internal... although scout 2 has tweak its software to run apps from the external SD, it still doesnt make sense.. say you install a few apps that is abt 200mb and cant be moved to SD..? stuck eh..

well for EXSG-001, it comes with one single partition of whopping 14gb! which is fantastic! why? the limitation above i mention and you will not need a SD card if you have no music or movies in it.. which my NEXUS 5 is doing with 16gb..

but not all about the phone was good.. the touch screen has some issues which i am facing it now and then.. but nt really a bother and will be resolved in the coming weeks and also the whatsapp image which cant be downloaded to the phone if you have a SD card... also will be resolved in the next update.. i am not facing the whatsapp issue as of now.. GPS has some minor issues which can still be used for car navigation and also will be resolved by the next update...

battery wise, a 2000mAH capacity seems okie for a day to day use and will go home with abt 10% if you play light games with calls and msgs... and of cos somehow tis phone charge the battery way way faster then my ino scout which took eons to charge for 10 - 15 %.. this phone can easily charge full at less than 90 mins from 15% onwards which is pretty neat.. nt the fastest but its good enough....

bluetooth connectivity works with almost every gadget i have but only the miband which i have highlighted it to arron personally and he hopes to resolve it by the coming updates...

wifi works good at 65mbps on n router.. receiving power is about the same as my nexus 5 abt abit weaker...

finally lets talk abt the wonderful 2gb ram.. whats so great about it? i can run GTA send to background and play ridge racer with no lag and go back to GTA again without reloading the entire game again.. fantastic.. you never run out of ram to use and switching between apps is so so much faster.. kudos~

theres a few things i have asked abt for is the extra battery for sale and replacement back case which comes with different designs.. which i think they are looking into it and likely to bring them in if theres a demand for it..

overall the phone feels good for day to day usage comparing to my ino scout. minor issues shows the phone software is not really fine tune but will hope the next update will resolved all this.. comparing with ino scout the phone does claims it shock proof feature which i tried at home.. from waist up and head up drop.. not a issue.. it does lacks water proofing and dust proof but the ino scout being ip67, the funny edges does trap quite a bit of dust..

the phone as a bigger ram and a sensible storage partition which its quite impt to me.. and its up to you guys to go decide which is better.. and by the way, i have seen a few scout screen crack which i think its not as shock proof as it claims...

tats all for my review on this phone and sorry its abit long.. :)

Singboy

Reaction score
Any chance of a low end version with 1 GB ram?

Kinda expensive for a 2 weeks ICT phone.

pokey2014

Reaction score
just got my piece from sghitech directly and very luckily to meet aaron the man behind the phone... understand his direction for this phone and such.. pretty nice guy and wanted to push more and better phones in the future.. as of now we have the EXSG-001..

1st of all... my impression of the phone is just another 'china' phone rebrand by sg company... then i when i get to see my friend which he happen to got it 2 weeks back.. i was surprised by the build quality and the accessories that came with it. it was solid and it feels good on the hand comparing with my ino scout which is big and bulky...

looking deeper, the phone has a dual sim "duh~" but its using 2 different size card together side by side nt stacking on top of each other.. good planning coming with a normal sim and a micro sim slot which both can be use for 3G. the scout had a bit of a issues if u use 2 sim and both adapter.. either both dont read or 1 reads.. nice...

the back cover is glossy white with a company logo which i told aaron it really sux and he kind of agree but theres a story behind it.. if you guys get a chance to ask him you will laugh it out..

anyway booting up with android kit kiat, 4.4.2, the phone is almost free of bloat which is another plus.. no backup app, nor cleaner app which looks like a very clean rom to start with... phone was snappy with mtk 6582 cpu and a super big 2gb ram.. its wonderful for me and i suppose most of the guys who has been stuck with 1gb ram like forever...

one thing ino didnt do good was the damn internal storage of the phone which comes with 4gb divided into 1gb phone and 2 gb internal. WTF man.. after some app installed, you are pretty much left with a few hundreds of MB which has to be cleared now and then for app updates... its the same goes for the scout 2 which comes 16gb and abt 4gb phone and 10gb internal... although scout 2 has tweak its software to run apps from the external SD, it still doesnt make sense.. say you install a few apps that is abt 200mb and cant be moved to SD..? stuck eh..

well for EXSG-001, it comes with one single partition of whopping 14gb! which is fantastic! why? the limitation above i mention and you will not need a SD card if you have no music or movies in it.. which my NEXUS 5 is doing with 16gb..

but not all about the phone was good.. the touch screen has some issues which i am facing it now and then.. but nt really a bother and will be resolved in the coming weeks and also the whatsapp image which cant be downloaded to the phone if you have a SD card... also will be resolved in the next update.. i am not facing the whatsapp issue as of now.. GPS has some minor issues which can still be used for car navigation and also will be resolved by the next update...

battery wise, a 2000mAH capacity seems okie for a day to day use and will go home with abt 10% if you play light games with calls and msgs... and of cos somehow tis phone charge the battery way way faster then my ino scout which took eons to charge for 10 - 15 %.. this phone can easily charge full at less than 90 mins from 15% onwards which is pretty neat.. nt the fastest but its good enough....

bluetooth connectivity works with almost every gadget i have but only the miband which i have highlighted it to arron personally and he hopes to resolve it by the coming updates...

wifi works good at 65mbps on n router.. receiving power is about the same as my nexus 5 abt abit weaker...

finally lets talk abt the wonderful 2gb ram.. whats so great about it? i can run GTA send to background and play ridge racer with no lag and go back to GTA again without reloading the entire game again.. fantastic.. you never run out of ram to use and switching between apps is so so much faster.. kudos~

theres a few things i have asked abt for is the extra battery for sale and replacement back case which comes with different designs.. which i think they are looking into it and likely to bring them in if theres a demand for it..

overall the phone feels good for day to day usage comparing to my ino scout. minor issues shows the phone software is not really fine tune but will hope the next update will resolved all this.. comparing with ino scout the phone does claims it shock proof feature which i tried at home.. from waist up and head up drop.. not a issue.. it does lacks water proofing and dust proof but the ino scout being ip67, the funny edges does trap quite a bit of dust..

the phone as a bigger ram and a sensible storage partition which its quite impt to me.. and its up to you guys to go decide which is better.. and by the way, i have seen a few scout screen crack which i think its not as shock proof as it claims...

tats all for my review on this phone and sorry its abit long.. :)

bro, so ino scout 2 memory is internal memory is 4gb and phone storage is 10gb?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.