www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Exotic & Other Phones User Group (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/exotic-other-phones-user-group-168/)
-   -   PHICOMM i600 non camera (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/exotic-other-phones-user-group-168/phicomm-i600-non-camera-4324132.html)

neutralparty 03-08-2013 07:01 PM

PHICOMM i600 non camera
 
Not sure if I have posted this thread in the correct place :s11:, please let me know if I am not...

I have notice that other than INO One Plus, there is also a few others mobile phone without camera, and I was referring to those MADE WITHOUT camera, rather than having the camera remove, one of them is PHICOMM phone. And there doesn't seem to have any PHICOMM i600 information around, so I thought I could share my 2cent worth of opinion in my newly bought i600 non-camera.

Having just bought it and used it for quite a while, the overall feeling is okay. OS, default browser and typing is smooth. just that when it comes to installing app, then it will show some lag-ness. Other than that, the phone is responsive. I kinda like the physical "button sensor" which have an option, home and back (same as Samsung Note).

The handling for the lock/unlock button is on the left side with and the volume button is on the right, their position is at the same level, so I notice that whenever I wanted to lock/unlock the phone, I will always press the volume button.

As for the storage, although it is stated to come with 4Gb, but it seem to me that only 2Gb is available for use for phone storage and another about 1Gb is used for system space (so where is another 1Gb ???):s11:. Anyway, this is what I notice.

I will try to use for a bit and post more of my option here. If you have some question about the i600 non camera phone, feel free to ask it here, just don't ask me to install any test software to test (I am worry about the 1GB system storage)...

leeslayerex 05-08-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutralparty (Post 78420486)
Not sure if I have posted this thread in the correct place :s11:, please let me know if I am not...

I have notice that other than INO One Plus, there is also a few others mobile phone without camera, and I was referring to those MADE WITHOUT camera, rather than having the camera remove, one of them is PHICOMM phone. And there doesn't seem to have any PHICOMM i600 information around, so I thought I could share my 2cent worth of opinion in my newly bought i600 non-camera.

Having just bought it and used it for quite a while, the overall feeling is okay. OS, default browser and typing is smooth. just that when it comes to installing app, then it will show some lag-ness. Other than that, the phone is responsive. I kinda like the physical "button sensor" which have an option, home and back (same as Samsung Note).

The handling for the lock/unlock button is on the left side with and the volume button is on the right, their position is at the same level, so I notice that whenever I wanted to lock/unlock the phone, I will always press the volume button.

As for the storage, although it is stated to come with 4Gb, but it seem to me that only 2Gb is available for use for phone storage and another about 1Gb is used for system space (so where is another 1Gb ???):s11:. Anyway, this is what I notice.

I will try to use for a bit and post more of my option here. If you have some question about the i600 non camera phone, feel free to ask it here, just don't ask me to install any test software to test (I am worry about the 1GB system storage)...

Hi,

Don't mind sharing where you bought the phone from? How much? And probably some photos of the i600?

Thanks!

8-lane 05-08-2013 03:53 AM

I saw it being sold on Qoo10 if I remember correctly..

leeslayerex 05-08-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8-lane (Post 78459635)
I saw it being sold on Qoo10 if I remember correctly..

Qoo10 sells i300nc. i600 released last month I guess.

Phicomm to introduce quad-core smartphone in September - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

fre3dom85 05-08-2013 02:27 PM

It should be better than i300.

cquey 05-08-2013 02:54 PM

S4 mini non cam and bb Q10 non cam is available in non cam in m1 as of today. can check it out

neutralparty 05-08-2013 05:31 PM

Review part 2 - End
 
Physical feeling

I have used this phone for about 3 days, the feeling given to me is quite good. The handling part, I have tried to type messages (long messages) in both landscape and portrait and the feeling is nice. In which the QWERTY keyboard doesn’t seem to be too small (like BlackBerry 9360) which you will have to use the tip of your finger to type, but i600 keyboard in portrait are at least bigger, that I am able to type at ease using my thumb. The back casing might be a slippery and you get tend to lose control of it when typing in portrait.

The three touch button which houses , Option, Home and Back are quite very accessible after typing. User doesn’t need to re-position the entire palm to press those buttons. So that means to say that after you mail/message or whatsapp, you can simply go back to Home and rest the phone on the table without moving the phone much in your palm.

The screen size is just about 4.3”, so I have no issue in using one hand to type, of course, if you want the speed, 2 hands would be faster (for me). That might due to the need to reposition your finger when typing letter that are suddenly very far apart.

As I have mention early that the lock and unlock button and the volume button are on about the same place but different side (one at left and one at right), so there will be times that you will notice that when user tend to unlock the phone, volume button will sometime been pressed. Somehow, after a few time of locking and unlocking, you will get to have to feel of it and you will easily find a position to place your palm so as when you are unlocking the phone, the volume button will not be press.

The speaker is located at the bottom of the phone, so there might be sometime where you put on top of some soft surface and the tone might be muffed off. It seem that most of the phone currently have been made this way. Else, the sound is loud enough to hear it ringing most of the time.

There is also face sensor, which will be use when you are talking on the phone and doesn’t require the light to be ON throughout that conversation. Quite a surprise to me with this China phone(but hey it's good IMO).

Storage

I have pretty much mention everything about the storage, the internal storage is about 1GB for system space and 2GB on phone storage. I have been using 32GB Class 10 myself, and there isn’t any issue with it till now.

The RAM is stated as 512MB, based on my current usage, I could easily used 455MB of RAM, but so far, I only encounter minimum lag-ness, that is when you open or install many program/app all at once.



Network

I am using STARHUB line and it seem to me that most of the time, my signal was at HSPA (with a H always at the reception icon on the top right hand) and the net is quite fast using Chrome too. I previously mention that I used the “original” browser and the speed was fast, it seem to me that using Chrome to surf the net is slightly faster.

I have also try calling and receiving and I didn’t encounter drop call (with just 3 days of usage), downloading are also quite smooth without experiencing download fail due to the network lost. And I have been downloading almost everyday so far.

Battery
I find that the 1700mAh battery are pretty durable, it can last me for about a day(approx 12hrs plus) of push mail (Automatic), whatapp, some surfing of web and it still have juice for me before I return to charge back at home !

OS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4)
As for the OS, well, there are already quite a lot of review on that, so I will give it a pass here.

So far, I think I have done most of the review about this phone. Though I am sure did I miss out some, but I am not a professional reviewer, so pardon me if I have any error here.

But you are welcome to ask any question about the usage of this phone to clarify that. I guess I will stop on the review part, I do hopes this will help user in choosing INO One Plus or PHICOMM i600 or any other non-camera phone.

Other user could also give their review too !

Cheers ~

neutralparty 05-08-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeslayerex (Post 78459542)
Hi,

Don't mind sharing where you bought the phone from? How much? And probably some photos of the i600?

Thanks!

Sim Lim Square, #03-02

S$268

As for picture, hmm .. I will try, give me some time ...

Cheers~

DigDub 05-08-2013 08:56 PM

this phone got compass? got fm radio?

daniel8248 05-08-2013 09:46 PM

can be use in camp ?

neutralparty 05-08-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub (Post 78479194)
this phone got compass? got fm radio?

There is FM Radio , as for compass, is there any way I can check ?

Cheers ~

neutralparty 05-08-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel8248 (Post 78480575)
can be use in camp ?

I am pretty sure it can. Because it built without a camera rather than having the camera remove by telco.

That is one of the reason I got this phone (hence I don't need to get MSD sticker).

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers ~

DigDub 05-08-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutralparty (Post 78481434)
There is FM Radio , as for compass, is there any way I can check ?

Cheers ~

you can try using Google maps and tap on the My Location icon, see if can switch to a view that orientates the map according to where you point your phone.

neutralparty 05-08-2013 11:08 PM

sorry buddy, my reply/threat(whatever) is not sufficient to post images/links (yes ! NOT EVEN LINKS !! OMG). I have post it to photobucket only to know that I do not have enough post .. Anyway some image for your reference. I am not a professional cameraman, so I did my best to capture the image( I hope i am doing this legally...:look:),

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3013_zps2a01a566.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3014_zps4b5fee01.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3015_zps7ef03de2.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3016_zpsa72c9913.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3017_zps1a0ea2e7.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3018_zpsd8cf4a12.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3019_zps138be5f5.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3020_zps1335b82e.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3021_zpsd234e5ec.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3023_zpsbab0de30.jpg

s1334.photobucket.com/user/neutralparty/media/SAM_3024_zpsc81fa798.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3025_zps67e28174.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3027_zps889e8828.jpg


You can look at PHICOMM website for more photo(by pro) at :

phicomm.com/en/products_dt.ehtml?id=235&treeId=147]products]products

Cheers ~

neutralparty 05-08-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub (Post 78481703)
you can try using Google maps and tap on the My Location icon, see if can switch to a view that orientates the map according to where you point your phone.

Tried that. It seem the screen is stagnant whatever direction I rotate my phone ...

Hope that helps.

Cheers ~


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.