PHICOMM i600 non camera

neutralparty

Reaction score
Not sure if I have posted this thread in the correct place :s11:, please let me know if I am not...

I have notice that other than INO One Plus, there is also a few others mobile phone without camera, and I was referring to those MADE WITHOUT camera, rather than having the camera remove, one of them is PHICOMM phone. And there doesn't seem to have any PHICOMM i600 information around, so I thought I could share my 2cent worth of opinion in my newly bought i600 non-camera.

Having just bought it and used it for quite a while, the overall feeling is okay. OS, default browser and typing is smooth. just that when it comes to installing app, then it will show some lag-ness. Other than that, the phone is responsive. I kinda like the physical "button sensor" which have an option, home and back (same as Samsung Note).

The handling for the lock/unlock button is on the left side with and the volume button is on the right, their position is at the same level, so I notice that whenever I wanted to lock/unlock the phone, I will always press the volume button.

As for the storage, although it is stated to come with 4Gb, but it seem to me that only 2Gb is available for use for phone storage and another about 1Gb is used for system space (so where is another 1Gb ???):s11:. Anyway, this is what I notice.

I will try to use for a bit and post more of my option here. If you have some question about the i600 non camera phone, feel free to ask it here, just don't ask me to install any test software to test (I am worry about the 1GB system storage)...

leeslayerex

Reaction score
Not sure if I have posted this thread in the correct place :s11:, please let me know if I am not...

I have notice that other than INO One Plus, there is also a few others mobile phone without camera, and I was referring to those MADE WITHOUT camera, rather than having the camera remove, one of them is PHICOMM phone. And there doesn't seem to have any PHICOMM i600 information around, so I thought I could share my 2cent worth of opinion in my newly bought i600 non-camera.

Having just bought it and used it for quite a while, the overall feeling is okay. OS, default browser and typing is smooth. just that when it comes to installing app, then it will show some lag-ness. Other than that, the phone is responsive. I kinda like the physical "button sensor" which have an option, home and back (same as Samsung Note).

The handling for the lock/unlock button is on the left side with and the volume button is on the right, their position is at the same level, so I notice that whenever I wanted to lock/unlock the phone, I will always press the volume button.

As for the storage, although it is stated to come with 4Gb, but it seem to me that only 2Gb is available for use for phone storage and another about 1Gb is used for system space (so where is another 1Gb ???):s11:. Anyway, this is what I notice.

I will try to use for a bit and post more of my option here. If you have some question about the i600 non camera phone, feel free to ask it here, just don't ask me to install any test software to test (I am worry about the 1GB system storage)...

Hi,

Don't mind sharing where you bought the phone from? How much? And probably some photos of the i600?

Thanks!

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw it being sold on Qoo10 if I remember correctly..

cquey

Master Member
Reaction score
S4 mini non cam and bb Q10 non cam is available in non cam in m1 as of today. can check it out

neutralparty

Reaction score
Review part 2 - End

Physical feeling

I have used this phone for about 3 days, the feeling given to me is quite good. The handling part, I have tried to type messages (long messages) in both landscape and portrait and the feeling is nice. In which the QWERTY keyboard doesn’t seem to be too small (like BlackBerry 9360) which you will have to use the tip of your finger to type, but i600 keyboard in portrait are at least bigger, that I am able to type at ease using my thumb. The back casing might be a slippery and you get tend to lose control of it when typing in portrait.

The three touch button which houses , Option, Home and Back are quite very accessible after typing. User doesn’t need to re-position the entire palm to press those buttons. So that means to say that after you mail/message or whatsapp, you can simply go back to Home and rest the phone on the table without moving the phone much in your palm.

The screen size is just about 4.3”, so I have no issue in using one hand to type, of course, if you want the speed, 2 hands would be faster (for me). That might due to the need to reposition your finger when typing letter that are suddenly very far apart.

As I have mention early that the lock and unlock button and the volume button are on about the same place but different side (one at left and one at right), so there will be times that you will notice that when user tend to unlock the phone, volume button will sometime been pressed. Somehow, after a few time of locking and unlocking, you will get to have to feel of it and you will easily find a position to place your palm so as when you are unlocking the phone, the volume button will not be press.

The speaker is located at the bottom of the phone, so there might be sometime where you put on top of some soft surface and the tone might be muffed off. It seem that most of the phone currently have been made this way. Else, the sound is loud enough to hear it ringing most of the time.

There is also face sensor, which will be use when you are talking on the phone and doesn’t require the light to be ON throughout that conversation. Quite a surprise to me with this China phone(but hey it's good IMO).

Storage

I have pretty much mention everything about the storage, the internal storage is about 1GB for system space and 2GB on phone storage. I have been using 32GB Class 10 myself, and there isn’t any issue with it till now.

The RAM is stated as 512MB, based on my current usage, I could easily used 455MB of RAM, but so far, I only encounter minimum lag-ness, that is when you open or install many program/app all at once.

Network

I am using STARHUB line and it seem to me that most of the time, my signal was at HSPA (with a H always at the reception icon on the top right hand) and the net is quite fast using Chrome too. I previously mention that I used the “original” browser and the speed was fast, it seem to me that using Chrome to surf the net is slightly faster.

I have also try calling and receiving and I didn’t encounter drop call (with just 3 days of usage), downloading are also quite smooth without experiencing download fail due to the network lost. And I have been downloading almost everyday so far.

Battery
I find that the 1700mAh battery are pretty durable, it can last me for about a day(approx 12hrs plus) of push mail (Automatic), whatapp, some surfing of web and it still have juice for me before I return to charge back at home !

OS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4)
As for the OS, well, there are already quite a lot of review on that, so I will give it a pass here.

So far, I think I have done most of the review about this phone. Though I am sure did I miss out some, but I am not a professional reviewer, so pardon me if I have any error here.

But you are welcome to ask any question about the usage of this phone to clarify that. I guess I will stop on the review part, I do hopes this will help user in choosing INO One Plus or PHICOMM i600 or any other non-camera phone.

Other user could also give their review too !

Cheers ~

Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this phone got compass? got fm radio?

Last edited:

neutralparty

Reaction score
can be use in camp ?

I am pretty sure it can. Because it built without a camera rather than having the camera remove by telco.

That is one of the reason I got this phone (hence I don't need to get MSD sticker).

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers ~

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is FM Radio , as for compass, is there any way I can check ?

Cheers ~

you can try using Google maps and tap on the My Location icon, see if can switch to a view that orientates the map according to where you point your phone.

neutralparty

Reaction score
sorry buddy, my reply/threat(whatever) is not sufficient to post images/links (yes ! NOT EVEN LINKS !! OMG). I have post it to photobucket only to know that I do not have enough post .. Anyway some image for your reference. I am not a professional cameraman, so I did my best to capture the image( I hope i am doing this legally...:look:),

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3013_zps2a01a566.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3014_zps4b5fee01.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3015_zps7ef03de2.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3016_zpsa72c9913.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3017_zps1a0ea2e7.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3018_zpsd8cf4a12.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3019_zps138be5f5.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3020_zps1335b82e.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3021_zpsd234e5ec.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3023_zpsbab0de30.jpg

s1334.photobucket.com/user/neutralparty/media/SAM_3024_zpsc81fa798.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3025_zps67e28174.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3027_zps889e8828.jpg

You can look at PHICOMM website for more photo(by pro) at :

phicomm.com/en/products_dt.ehtml?id=235&treeId=147]products]products

Cheers ~

Last edited:

neutralparty

Reaction score
you can try using Google maps and tap on the My Location icon, see if can switch to a view that orientates the map according to where you point your phone.
Tried that. It seem the screen is stagnant whatever direction I rotate my phone ...

Hope that helps.

Cheers ~

neutralparty

Reaction score
S4 mini non cam and bb Q10 non cam is available in non cam in m1 as of today. can check it out
BlackBery 10 Non-camera ?? I thought they(BB) say they would need to change the entire manufacture line ?

Or is it removed by telco ?

I can't seem to be able to find any information about that (even in m1 web, did I miss it ??) ... Where did you find that information ?

Last edited:

neutralparty

Reaction score
call m1 shop. all is removed by 3rd party.

I see. Thanks for sharing !

Then I guess a MSD sticker would still be require if you need to bring in camp. I wonder does the process take very long to approve ? Or can MSD do the verifying in all the camps ?

Anyone care to share ?

Cheers ~

leeslayerex

Reaction score
Wow, thanks bro for sharing!

sorry buddy, my reply/threat(whatever) is not sufficient to post images/links (yes ! NOT EVEN LINKS !! OMG). I have post it to photobucket only to know that I do not have enough post .. Anyway some image for your reference. I am not a professional cameraman, so I did my best to capture the image( I hope i am doing this legally...:look:),

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3013_zps2a01a566.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3014_zps4b5fee01.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3015_zps7ef03de2.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3016_zpsa72c9913.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3017_zps1a0ea2e7.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3018_zpsd8cf4a12.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3019_zps138be5f5.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3020_zps1335b82e.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3021_zpsd234e5ec.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3023_zpsbab0de30.jpg

s1334.photobucket.com/user/neutralparty/media/SAM_3024_zpsc81fa798.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3025_zps67e28174.jpg

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/neutralparty/SAM_3027_zps889e8828.jpg

You can look at PHICOMM website for more photo(by pro) at :

phicomm.com/en/products_dt.ehtml?id=235&treeId=147]products]products

Cheers ~

gohnick

Reaction score
Physical feeling

I have used this phone for about 3 days, the feeling given to me is quite good. The handling part, I have tried to type messages (long messages) in both landscape and portrait and the feeling is nice. In which the QWERTY keyboard doesn’t seem to be too small (like BlackBerry 9360) which you will have to use the tip of your finger to type, but i600 keyboard in portrait are at least bigger, that I am able to type at ease using my thumb. The back casing might be a slippery and you get tend to lose control of it when typing in portrait.

The three touch button which houses , Option, Home and Back are quite very accessible after typing. User doesn’t need to re-position the entire palm to press those buttons. So that means to say that after you mail/message or whatsapp, you can simply go back to Home and rest the phone on the table without moving the phone much in your palm.

The screen size is just about 4.3”, so I have no issue in using one hand to type, of course, if you want the speed, 2 hands would be faster (for me). That might due to the need to reposition your finger when typing letter that are suddenly very far apart.

As I have mention early that the lock and unlock button and the volume button are on about the same place but different side (one at left and one at right), so there will be times that you will notice that when user tend to unlock the phone, volume button will sometime been pressed. Somehow, after a few time of locking and unlocking, you will get to have to feel of it and you will easily find a position to place your palm so as when you are unlocking the phone, the volume button will not be press.

The speaker is located at the bottom of the phone, so there might be sometime where you put on top of some soft surface and the tone might be muffed off. It seem that most of the phone currently have been made this way. Else, the sound is loud enough to hear it ringing most of the time.

There is also face sensor, which will be use when you are talking on the phone and doesn’t require the light to be ON throughout that conversation. Quite a surprise to me with this China phone(but hey it's good IMO).

Storage

I have pretty much mention everything about the storage, the internal storage is about 1GB for system space and 2GB on phone storage. I have been using 32GB Class 10 myself, and there isn’t any issue with it till now.

The RAM is stated as 512MB, based on my current usage, I could easily used 455MB of RAM, but so far, I only encounter minimum lag-ness, that is when you open or install many program/app all at once.

Network

I am using STARHUB line and it seem to me that most of the time, my signal was at HSPA (with a H always at the reception icon on the top right hand) and the net is quite fast using Chrome too. I previously mention that I used the “original” browser and the speed was fast, it seem to me that using Chrome to surf the net is slightly faster.

I have also try calling and receiving and I didn’t encounter drop call (with just 3 days of usage), downloading are also quite smooth without experiencing download fail due to the network lost. And I have been downloading almost everyday so far.

Battery
I find that the 1700mAh battery are pretty durable, it can last me for about a day(approx 12hrs plus) of push mail (Automatic), whatapp, some surfing of web and it still have juice for me before I return to charge back at home !

OS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4)
As for the OS, well, there are already quite a lot of review on that, so I will give it a pass here.

So far, I think I have done most of the review about this phone. Though I am sure did I miss out some, but I am not a professional reviewer, so pardon me if I have any error here.

But you are welcome to ask any question about the usage of this phone to clarify that. I guess I will stop on the review part, I do hopes this will help user in choosing INO One Plus or PHICOMM i600 or any other non-camera phone.

Other user could also give their review too !

Cheers ~

Hi Bro,

Are you able to test if any iPhone and Samsung ear piece can work with this phone? As iNO One has different standard as the iPhone and other reputable android smartphone manufacturers. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.