[OFFICIAL] EDMW Wet Shaving Club - Part 6

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm...is tha the one with the black plastic handle? Any other suggestions for non-plastic handle?

Ebay. Try look for those twist to open Gillette Superspeeds. Multiple variations like handle markings flare tips etc depending on year. Superspeeds are usually cheaper.

Slim adjustables, Fatboys, British and American Aristocrats, Diplomats, Presidents, Toggles will be more expensive.

Last edited:

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally my loot is here. Can’t wait to shave.

rW9zJa.jpg

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those looking for cheaper alternatives to EJ DE89 can go for king c gillette safety razor

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think i want to try an affordable butterfly razor first. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe $30 and below?
I think parker 96R wait for promo on shopee...

I got it for like $27

my colleague switching from cartridges also got this for his first shaver

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
image.png

Maggard is having a good sale right now and USD is not so high.

Good time to try new soaps or stock up on Stirling's which last a long long time!

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
image.png

Maggard is having a good sale right now and USD is not so high.

Good time to try new soaps or stock up on Stirling's which last a long long time!

Image00001.jpg

Two more soaps coming in, I might have a problem...

Questin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need to stock up on soaps, looking for stuff similar to Stirling at about SGD 20 or below. Any good new year sales? I cant find any sales for shaving soaps oddly enough...

Last edited:

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been using Gillette cartridge razors for a while now and recently learned about safety razors. I am attracted by it's promise of lesser irritation (read Razor bumps) and closer shave.

I have sparse and coarse growth above upper lip- I shave once every 2 days.

Will anybody be able to recommend me a one and done safety razor for beginner? I have heard some good things about merkur 34C, Parker 99R and Edwin Jagger. I am also fine with any cheaper clones or options

Kindly also share the price and place I can get them. Thanks in advance!

Age on the clock, ravage with my cock

Last edited:

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BOVEM_Align_Matte_Silver_1800x1800.jpg

I just bought the above BOVEM razor, is it good? It looks exactly like the Manscape Plow 2.0 in a different color. All probably made by the same OEM in China.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been using Gillette cartridge razors for a while now and recently learned about safety razors. I am attracted by it's promise of lesser irritation (read Razor bumps) and closer shave.

I have sparse and coarse growth above upper lip- I shave once every 2 days.

Will anybody be able to recommend me a one and done safety razor for beginner? I have heard some good things about merkur 34C, Parker 99R and Edwin Jagger. I am also fine with any cheaper clones or options

Kindly also share the price and place I can get them. Thanks in advance!

Age on the clock, ravage with my cock

A multiblade gillette cartridge is actually pretty competent. I keep one in my office ( Proglide ), my wet shaving kits are at home.

DE wet shaving can be less forgiving depending on razor / blades / techniques / prep, may have a small learning curve.

Used to have an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth , mild-mod aggressiveness, gave it away to my brother. Loved the chrome shine and the handle heft.

I mainly use old Gillette razors bought decades back off ebay, my workhorses are an old Gillette flared tip Rocket and a Gillette Fatboy.

As for Merkur and Parker have to ask the rest of the folks to chip in.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A7j4kbB.png

Leaf Twig razor in Prism color, and Derby Premium blades (snapped in half as this is a single edge razor). 85.00 before discount coupon.

I like this very much. It is easier to use, than the BOVEM one above.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.