HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] EDMW Wet Shaving Club - Part 6

Like Tree937Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 12:28 AM   #6226

Hi there - new to this forum, but have been wet shaving for 7 years consistently.

Have you tried West Coast Shaving for ordering products? I find they have the widest range of wet shaving products, a huge (and helpful) community, and the customer service is great. I actually binge watch on their 'daily shave of the day videos' on youtube.

I usually order at my family in the states and then next person into Singapore brings it in for me. But I am sure they ship to Singapore. Also, do ask them to put a few samples in.
drharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #6227
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi there - new to this forum, but have been wet shaving for 7 years consistently.

Have you tried West Coast Shaving for ordering products? I find they have the widest range of wet shaving products, a huge (and helpful) community, and the customer service is great. I actually binge watch on their 'daily shave of the day videos' on youtube.

I usually order at my family in the states and then next person into Singapore brings it in for me. But I am sure they ship to Singapore. Also, do ask them to put a few samples in.
If u doing that Italian barber also not bad. Spend like usd$60 get free shipping, those clearance items can be pretty cheap. I have seen Proraso white going for usd$4.99

If u like razorock razor can order from them.

I have to agree west coast is a great place shipping to sg better than Italian barber.

Last edited by patryn33; 14-08-2019 at 09:24 AM..
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #6228

Hi im sorta new to DE Shaving, have tried it before a few years back with mustafa omega brushes and cheap pasar malam china made DE Razors. trying to get back into it since i can afford proper shaving tools/soaps etc now and to treat myself. Couple of questions.

1) Other than Maggards, connought, west coast shaving etc, are there any other online sites that provides cheap or free shipping, and has a wide range to choose from? im trying to loook at UK sites where the pound is just weaker now.

2) Are there decent priced local shaving supplies other than mustafa / haniffa? places where i can buy soaps, creams, aftershaves or blades etc

3) just to confirm, we cant ship over alcohol based products, but we can bring in bulk blades and soaps and creams/lotions right?

i noticed that on Edwin Jagger online site, it is actually way cheaper than the local or other online shops. Has anyone tried buying and shipping it from there? any thoughts on their brushes/ soaps? i will probably buy my first proper set from there (everything except the blades)

thanks in advance for any replies!
hellpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #6229
Master Member

Hi im sorta new to DE Shaving, have tried it before a few years back with mustafa omega brushes and cheap pasar malam china made DE Razors. trying to get back into it since i can afford proper shaving tools/soaps etc now and to treat myself. Couple of questions.

1) Other than Maggards, connought, west coast shaving etc, are there any other online sites that provides cheap or free shipping, and has a wide range to choose from? im trying to loook at UK sites where the pound is just weaker now.

2) Are there decent priced local shaving supplies other than mustafa / haniffa? places where i can buy soaps, creams, aftershaves or blades etc

3) just to confirm, we cant ship over alcohol based products, but we can bring in bulk blades and soaps and creams/lotions right?

i noticed that on Edwin Jagger online site, it is actually way cheaper than the local or other online shops. Has anyone tried buying and shipping it from there? any thoughts on their brushes/ soaps? i will probably buy my first proper set from there (everything except the blades)

thanks in advance for any replies!
Responses to your questions above:

1. Can try The English Shaving Company

2. It's pretty much around Little India. Some bros buy from Apollo around there. There are some shops elsewhere selling specific DE blades (e.g. Feathers). But for me, if want to get a wide spread of shaving items it is Little India.

3. Yes, no alcohol, others are ok.

I have bought from The English Shaving Company; getting Edwin Jaggers there is the same as getting from EJ site. Proper set could be had from them; they are having Summer Sale now. Else, I would get from Connaught. Just have to do some comparisons.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #6230
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, I am looking for a synthetic brush without breaking a bank while at the same time, strong and firm backbone. West Coast Shavings sent me multiple emails about their synthetic brush.

I hope you can give tips on "what to look out for", or recommend me other worthy brushes that are reasonably priced and yet competes with almost TOTL synthetic brushes.
FatalethaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #6231

Hi guys, I am looking for a synthetic brush without breaking a bank while at the same time, strong and firm backbone. West Coast Shavings sent me multiple emails about their synthetic brush.

I hope you can give tips on "what to look out for", or recommend me other worthy brushes that are reasonably priced and yet competes with almost TOTL synthetic brushes.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...9-84bb75e1089b

or

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...9-84bb75e1089b

Equally good.

Look for high number of reviews
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #6232
Supremacy Member

wow, thanks buddy.
FatalethaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #6233

Responses to your questions above:

1. Can try The English Shaving Company

2. It's pretty much around Little India. Some bros buy from Apollo around there. There are some shops elsewhere selling specific DE blades (e.g. Feathers). But for me, if want to get a wide spread of shaving items it is Little India.

3. Yes, no alcohol, others are ok.

I have bought from The English Shaving Company; getting Edwin Jaggers there is the same as getting from EJ site. Proper set could be had from them; they are having Summer Sale now. Else, I would get from Connaught. Just have to do some comparisons.
thanks for the reply!

I will go ahead with the english shaving company.

hooted a bunch of stuff from haniffa as well to kickstart my journey
hellpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #6234
Master Member

https://www.theenglishshavingcompany...ng-set-de.html

Is this worth it for a starter set?
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #6235
Master Member

https://www.theenglishshavingcompany...ng-set-de.html

Is this worth it for a starter set?
It depends on your budget, brand/country preference, etc.

Beside your mentioned starter set, there are several others, like those from Maggard etc. Just have to make some comparisons before buying.

You need a brush and shaving soap/cream too. One can source from different places, mix and match to form a starter set too.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.