HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best Acne and Acne Scars treatment anyone?

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2019, 12:11 AM   #1246

Hi!

I contemplated doing subcision and CO2 lasers for a while now but am always worried about the pain (&costs ).

Able to share how painful it is? Burning heating sensation + rubber band snapping on you feeling??

Thanks in advance!

Won't la... the needle is to damage the scar fiber within your skin.. so that you can heal. Personally I don't see new scar after doing subcision.

You see this article by Dr Chua:

The needle goes into your skin to break apart and loosen the tough scar fibres that are causing the indentation that you see on your face.

After damaging the incorrectly healed scar tissues with subcision, collagen stimulators (fillers) are injected in small amounts to encourage proper repair of your skin and aid in the healing process.

https://www.drcychua.com/acne-scars-can-be-cured/
jen1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #1247
Master Member

Go pharmacy and buy 2 bottles of Epiduo.

Forget about the rest of these overpriced treatments.

For serious case, go National Skin Center and request for Accutane.
Cryophoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 05:52 PM   #1248

any cream recommendation for those acne that's trap underneath the skin?
BombVoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #1249

Dr Kan from curamed at hougang, definitely one of the better ones out there.
hear many good things about Joyce Lim too
Can anyone share how much are the facials at the Curamed clinic?
Thanks!
iris0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #1250
Supremacy Member

Can anyone recommend me a good acne scars removal clinic?
Itachi978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #1251

Hi!

I contemplated doing subcision and CO2 lasers for a while now but am always worried about the pain (&costs ).

Able to share how painful it is? Burning heating sensation + rubber band snapping on you feeling??

Thanks in advance!
Ah.. those are good for scar treatment.

Doctor will apply numbing cream on your whole face so you won't actually feel much/any pain...

I only feel like got thing moving across my face but not much pain.
Throughout the treatment, Dr Chua will tell me what he's going to do next so at least I can anticipate it. haha..

Also got cold air blowing on my face so won't have your "burning heat" sensation kinda feel. After treatment they will put cooling gel pack on your face to let it cool down. Quite shiok.

The thing to note is the recovery period. Took me a few days to recover so you need to plan when to do it. Like maybe over the weekend or what.

Don't need to scare k, it's not that painful one la. haha.
NickLeeSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #1252

Go pharmacy and buy 2 bottles of Epiduo.

Forget about the rest of these overpriced treatments.

For serious case, go National Skin Center and request for Accutane.
Accutane is very effective. Just that side effects can be problematic for some ppl. So better ask doctor before taking it.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6...e-oral/details
Old 05-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #1253

any cream recommendation for those acne that's trap underneath the skin?
I use Tretinoin 0.1% to dry out the acne. But be careful when using it on mouth and eyes area. Will too dry until crack one.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #1254

Can anyone recommend me a good acne scars removal clinic?
I'll recommend Dr Chua from Veritas. I myself go there to see him for my irritating acne problems. He's very nice. haha.

https://www.drcychua.com/
Old 06-01-2020, 10:51 AM   #1255

Iíve had my first treatment of subcision, Infini and PDRN. Decided not to reveal the name of the clinic in case some netizens think I am from the clinic to promote their clinic. My history is I had had two rounds of subcisions at a clinic in Orchard, the two treatments left me with quite severe complications (hyperpigmentation). I was told by Dr. V that the first doctor (Dr L) did the subcision too close to the skin, as in not deep enough this I am left with the red marks and no much improvement. I was skeptical about that until I had my first treatment with Dr V, I could feel he went really deep and I had no bruising following the treatments just swelling, like chucky swelling. When I had my subcisions with Dr L, I had pretty serious bruising at every injection point she did, and the red marks (from purple) take a year to subside (not completely), those marks are very visible. No doubt I prefer the skills of the second doctor as he only did 4 injection points and went real deep, he was really aggressive to break all stubborn tethered scars and it lasted about 15 minutes. For Dr L, way too many injection points, like 40? And it lasted about an hour and half which led to much longer healing period and possibility of hyperpigmention. Itís almost three weeks past my first treatment with second doctor, it is still early to tell as the scars might come back after 1 month? But I have seen 30% improvement on my scars and 30% improvement for my hyperpigmentation or surgery complications from first clinic. I will post some photos of my journey on acne.org in a weekís time when it passed 1 month mark. Note that I was told by Dr V that every doctor has their own way to do subcision, Dr L was using another method which is more prone to leaving hyperpigmentation but everyone responds differently to different treatments he said and Dr L did say that not every patient experienced my kind of bruising. Iíll suggest to go for deep and less injection points of subcision if your skin is somewhat sensitive and thin.
Danny_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #1256

I'll recommend Dr Chua from Veritas. I myself go there to see him for my irritating acne problems. He's very nice. haha.
hi nick,

Veritas is one of my shortlisted clinics hence if you dont mind to share how's your experience so far with dr chua? did it help with your acne control? I am considering to do Agnes treatment. Are you doing Agnes as well? Thanks in advance!
ccstar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 11:17 PM   #1257

Rejuran

I have tried rejuran H, but didnt see any visible results. what else i should try to battle acne scars
bluedmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #1258

any product that has good tee tree oil that can recommend?
jasperbln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 01:35 AM   #1259

Thanks!

I decided to book an appointment with Gangnam clinic to try the laser treatment. I am thinking either CO2 or Pico?

Did you see results from the first try?

Ah.. those are good for scar treatment.

Doctor will apply numbing cream on your whole face so you won't actually feel much/any pain...

I only feel like got thing moving across my face but not much pain.
Throughout the treatment, Dr Chua will tell me what he's going to do next so at least I can anticipate it. haha..

Also got cold air blowing on my face so won't have your "burning heat" sensation kinda feel. After treatment they will put cooling gel pack on your face to let it cool down. Quite shiok.

The thing to note is the recovery period. Took me a few days to recover so you need to plan when to do it. Like maybe over the weekend or what.

Don't need to scare k, it's not that painful one la. haha.
jen1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #1260

Anything good near Tampines/Simei/Holland village /HarbourFront? For acne marks thanks
Acne marks you can try MRF? Just saw an ad from LUSH Aesthetics at Harbourfront Centre. Said to help with acne scars and improve skin texture.
meichaikourou is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.