HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

BEWARE of MODERN BEAUTY SALON package

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gabond

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #1

Beware of all the Sales personnel promoting their Facial packages. I sign a 6 times facial package few years back and nearly forgot.

As I knew that I will be out station for many years, and will not use the package bought. Upon signing, the sales person agreed that if I can't manage to use the package , I can transfer it to my parents or Siblings. I sign one package after the verbal agreement from the Sales person.

Today I am back to Singapore, called them to make the transfer to my mother, I was told, IMPOSSIBLE to TRANSFER and the terms and conditions stated. I do understand that the terms and conditions clearly written BUT the salesperson selling me the package agreed with me verbally! So is this called CHEAT ? Of course I have my reasons being annoyed.

Someone might ask me, you know you will not be using the package in the first place, what you sign it? Yes this is obvious!!! Why I sign it? Because the salesperson agreed on the transfer if I can't manage to use the package.

I am writing this for consumers to beware of this company because most of their sales promoters are very "hungry" to lure customers into signing thier package. They will promise whatever things to let you sign and ending up all empty promises. Any inputs will be appreciate! I know if I pursuit this matter, I win not "win" the case because it's strictly stated in the coupons, non transferable. I just want to let consumers know that before signing a package with them, please do record what they promise down to avoid any commotions.

Modern Beauty Salon have a few branches in Singapore and I signed the package from one of their Toa Payoh branch! So BEWARE !!!!

Last edited by sunnyhor; 13-05-2011 at 08:30 PM..
sunnyhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #2

Further more they ask me to show relevant document to prove that I am out stationed. Email them but replied, NO WAY!!!
Old 17-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

Probably the staff is desperate for the commission and is just a part timer who doesnt bother what happens to the company's rep?
Old 17-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #4

Actually it is nothing new.... some even disturbed you are your most vulnerable stage like while you laying down enjoying your facial. At a certain spa, they would seek your pity from you while you were having a meal, talked abt if they couldn't get enough sales for the week, they would get fired.

Modern beauty... I heard that they locked the customer in until they signed something...The management told them to do so...

If you wanna enjoy a GOOD massage or other spa services, I RECOMMEND Spa-1 (unisex spa) at Grandlink Square. They DO NOT sell packages. They DO NOT believe in that instead, they have a card for card, get 10 stamps and get 1 service free.
neo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

jb is the best.
cheaper & better

lol
Old 17-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #6

Modern Beauty Salon

Oh yes, well said. How come you know huh? The salesperson really "locked" me in the room, pestering, persuading, act pity in order to get me sign their package!!!! A real pity promote methods and end up I believed what they promised and sign a normal 6 times package!!!

Consumers beware of this company, a real pain in the @ss! A lesson to learn though!!!

Actually it is nothing new.... some even disturbed you are your most vulnerable stage like while you laying down enjoying your facial. At a certain spa, they would seek your pity from you while you were having a meal, talked abt if they couldn't get enough sales for the week, they would get fired.

Modern beauty... I heard that they locked the customer in until they signed something...The management told them to do so...

If you wanna enjoy a GOOD massage or other spa services, I RECOMMEND Spa-1 (unisex spa) at Grandlink Square. They DO NOT sell packages. They DO NOT believe in that instead, they have a card for card, get 10 stamps and get 1 service free.
Old 28-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #7

Avoid Simply Aesthetics

I tried their Simply Facebook Complimentary OxyRevive Facial. When I asked via email, I was told everything will take 60mins.
I reached around 4.10pm and left by 4.40pm!!
5mins - Fill up form
8mins - Kept waiting
5mins - Changing into and out of gown (no reason for this since no neck cleansing or massage)
15mins - remove makeup, cleansing, blast oxygen for 3mins, moisturiser, sunblock. DONE
This is called a FACIAL??!
baileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:51 AM   #8

Modern Beauty and Be Samtuary spa under same management by a hongkie Joyce, their products and equipments are mostly China import. I have a friend who worked at be Santuary spa told me that their products used for customers facial appointments are expired and the super hard sales managers working there instructed by the company to retag expired products with a new non expired date. Someone should ask the authorities to check on their products as this is cheating the consumers who paid for it!!!
Cookie3373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #9

I had a very bad experience like this...went to a spa and they did facial treatment with expired products ...got rash all over my face and it burnt my face as well...
Fleury_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #10

Do not patronize Modern Beauty Salon

Hi All,

I have been a customer of modern beauty salon for many years. I have seen the salon going downhill when their management has changed to PRC. Their sale tactic is unethical and service is extremely bad. I would advise everyone not to buy any products or sign any package with them.

Do not patronize Modern Beauty Salon where possible. If not, you will end up with a bad experience like me.
lightblue09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #11

Hi All,

I have been a customer of modern beauty salon for many years. I have seen the salon going downhill when their management has changed to PRC. Their sale tactic is unethical and service is extremely bad. I would advise everyone not to buy any products or sign any package with them.

Do not patronize Modern Beauty Salon where possible. If not, you will end up with a bad experience like me.
Totally agree. It was still bearable but as of last month, a lot of their staff RESIGNED due to issues with their own management, and now it's impossible to get any kind of bookings for massages.

They also play a delay tactic game by claiming their invoices are in HongKong and confidential, needing 3 weeks to retrieve!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
gabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:17 PM   #12

BEWARE OF MODERN BEAUTY SALON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a victim of Modern Beauty/Giman Beauty & Wellness/Be Sanctuary Spa too!

I would like to caution all my fellow sisters of their cheating tactics. You all must always take note of the packages you have with them. Cos they will bluff you there is little left to trick you to buy.

When I went for a facial recently, they told me my facial balance was low and got me to buy, which I did. But when the customers statement was printed to me, it stated I have more than 40 facials?!!!! Which means they tricked me into buying!!

When I asked them about this but they ignored me totally.

I have since consulted my lawyer, who told me to lodge a police report as this amount to cheating. As I read all the threads here, I am also so angry that they have conned so many people as well! and for so many years!!!! So, my fellow sisters, I appeal to all of you to do similar. Go to the police or CASE or Small Claims Tribunals and report about them!

We shouldn't let them off scot-free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
modernbeautyvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.